Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug

Ummm...He has Nick Foles who won a Super Bowl. I think Foles just might be better than Bortles. Foles is out now with an injury so Minshew played.
Files got hurt very early bin 1st game

Not defending anyone here, but I'm confused by your statement. We know that Jalen was pissed that Marrone didn't throw the review flag on the dropped pass that was called complete. That obviously upset Jalen. But Jalen couldn't let it go and ended up pushing Marrone away (physically) as he walked toward the bench. Another coach was restraining Jalen. Marrone wasn't pissed or retaliated at that point. It was later that Marrone went over there to talk to Jalen. You can see Jalen react with his body as Marrone started talking to him. I don't see how the CB's were more mature than than the coach.
Meh. Nothingburger, heat-of-the-moment stuff.

Meh. Nothingburger, heat-of-the-moment stuff.

That’s what marine said as well as saying he didn’t even remember the incident.

Both
tenor.gif

Jalen Ramsey is a punk ass. He's the CB version of OBJ.

If you watched him in the few minutes leading up to that verbal confrontation, Jalen was 100% in the wrong. He was acting like a dbag and even shoved Marrone out of the way. Sorry, you don't do that crap to your coaches, I don't care what level you're on.

So many of you remain butt-hurt by Marrone. It's cute.

And btw, he's not losing his job.

And this is why we can't tackle the QB in the NFL anymore. This is a thread on a football board about how a coach got in the face of a player :confused:. Holy crap people have gotten soft or didn't play football. My coaches would be in jail for assault if this upsets people. I thought it was the millennials who were soft.

And this is why we can't tackle the QB in the NFL anymore. This is a thread on a football board about how a coach got in the face of a player :confused:. Holy crap people have gotten soft or didn't play football. My coaches would be in jail for assault if this upsets people. I thought it was the millennials who were soft.
I'm glad our current coach isn't a turd.

If you watched him in the few minutes leading up to that verbal confrontation, Jalen was 100% in the wrong. He was acting like a dbag and even shoved Marrone out of the way. Sorry, you don't do that crap to your coaches, I don't care what level you're on.

If we the bed this year he will. People are tired of him. He is riding the fournette train to unemploymentville

My only question about the incident - was Marrone right to ignore challenging the catch thus saving a TO or was Ramsey right that the pass was incomplete?

My only question about the incident - was Marrone right to ignore challenging the catch thus saving a TO or was Ramsey right that the pass was incomplete?
When I saw the highlights it looked like Ramsey was right that it was a drop

Exactly! Try that with your boss at work and see if you have a job the next day.

When I saw the highlights it looked like Ramsey was right that it was a drop
but didn't they force a punt anyway on the series in question? Not a big deal to me either way just curiuous. I think Ramsey is a jerk and Marrone is not a nice guy but he is a good football coach who people unfairly run down what he did here. I said it earlier I liked Doug' offense more than Dino's.

but didn't they force a punt anyway on the series in question? Not a big deal to me either way just curiuous. I think Ramsey is a jerk and Marrone is not a nice guy but he is a good football coach who people unfairly run down what he did here. I said it earlier I liked Doug' offense more than Dino's.

I think people forget that Marrone's offense stunk for 3 of his 4 years here. Sure, we have struggled getting out of the gate this year but lets not get carried away and as I have said I am not a Marrone hater and certainly think he is a good football coach

I think people forget that Marrone's offense stunk for 3 of his 4 years here. Sure, we have struggled getting out of the gate this year but lets not get carried away and as I have said I am not a Marrone hater and certainly think he is a good football coach
Excellent point - for me Nassib's last year was the best offense we have seen in years. That staff, that year, could scheme to attack weaknesses. I think Dino's fine but haven't seen a lot of that from this system.

Excellent point - for me Nassib's last year was the best offense we have seen in years. That staff, that year, could scheme to attack weaknesses. I think Dino's fine but haven't seen a lot of that from this system.

Sure, I think Syracuse has always had better teams when we have solid seniors on that side of the ball. Nassib, Pugh, Lemon, Sales, Macky ( not a senior) was really good too. The had a solid power running game and great passing attack with Lemon and Sales who just found ways to get open both very smart players. Lemon was great his senior year. What turned the table that year was when Pugh came back for the Pitt game, which started the run. That offense was great, no doubt. The back half of that year and last year's team are obviously the two best teams we have had in almost 20 years. Two really good O Lines and solid senior Qb's ( I see a trend developing here?)

There is no disputing that our offense has sucked so far this year though, I mean really sucked on any scale

He ran the ball for 2 after his QB made every play driving them down the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom