Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug

but didn't they force a punt anyway on the series in question? Not a big deal to me either way just curiuous. I think Ramsey is a jerk and Marrone is not a nice guy but he is a good football coach who people unfairly run down what he did here. I said it earlier I liked Doug' offense more than Dino's.
I'm not sure. Only saw the highlight and was answering the question. It explains why Ramsey was so fired up, but doesn't excuse the behavior. You see this a lot with teams that are struggling. To switch to baseball, the Baltimore had two situations where a player/coach almost came to blows. Happens when you are in dead last and see no hope to improve

Jalen Ramsey is a punk ass. He's the CB version of OBJ.

If you watched him in the few minutes leading up to that verbal confrontation, Jalen was 100% in the wrong. He was acting like a dbag and even shoved Marrone out of the way. Sorry, you don't do that crap to your coaches, I don't care what level you're on.

So many of you remain butt-hurt by Marrone. It's cute.

And btw, he's not losing his job.
Not disagreeing that Ramsey is a punk and was in the wrong but Dougie should have never confronted him on the bench and should have de-escalated the situation.

I'm not sure who is butt-hurt that Marrone left but I'm certainly not. Above average coach and below average human being. I think Dino is a better coach and person, hence that worked out in SU's favor.

The Dougie fanboys are relentless. Glad to know that you are so piped in with Jaguars ownership to know that Dougie will not be fired . Remember that this was a team that was supposed to contend with the Patriots last year and didn't sniff the playoffs. He is better suited to coach the OL in the NFL than to be a HC.

He ran the ball for 2 after his QB made every play driving them down the field.
This is the same coach who gave himself the name Saint Doug and consistently punted in questionable punt situations.

Not disagreeing that Ramsey is a punk and was in the wrong but Dougie should have never confronted him on the bench and should have de-escalated the situation.

I'm not sure who is butt-hurt that Marrone left but I'm certainly not. Above average coach and below average human being. I think Dino is a better coach and person, hence that worked out in SU's favor.

The Dougie fanboys are relentless. Glad to know that you are so piped in with Jaguars ownership to know that Dougie will not be fired . Remember that this was a team that was supposed to contend with the Patriots last year and didn't sniff the playoffs. He is better suited to coach the OL in the NFL than to be a HC.
You seem butt-hurt. Marrone was supposed to contend with Brady/Patriots with Blake Bortles?

His defense did. Bortles was no good.

Two QBs from that game...

23-36, 293 yds, 1 TD (sacked 3 times for - 20 yds)
23-38, 290 yds 2 TDs (sacked 3 times for -12 yds)

Which one was Brady? Bortles?

You know what the answer to this is, don't you?

That's a good guess, but the judges were only going to accept "stats are for losers."

I could ask Chip for an alternate method of measuring QBs but I don't know if the board would appreciate his analysis.

I was anticipating the, "Bortles had one good game," response.

Ok, you are right. Blake Bortles = Tom Brady

His defense did. Bortles was no good.

And yet, Marrone decided to enter the 2018 season with Bortles as his QB. In fact, he specifically signed Bortles to a big deal when he could have looked elsewhere. Absolving Marrone of the Jags' hideous season last year, when he purposefully chose to ride or die with Blake Bortles, seems weird to me.

Look, Marrone's a good head coach. He's had a certain level of success wherever he's been. He's not infallible. That's fine, most coaches are. Personally, I never begrudged the guy for leaving SU to take an NFL HC gig. Who wouldn't? But I didn't care for him ransacking our staff on his way out the door. That was a choice he made. And as a fan of an NFL team he's been trying to beat since he left SU, I don't mind seeing him flail.

Funny that when he wins it's all on Coughlin and when he loses it's on him. LOL.

I just can't beleive Marrone can't win with Gardner Minshew at the helm!

It was all his fault the Bills sucked for 20 years.

Looks like several Jags tried to keep Marrone away, but the Leader of Men(tm) decided he had to scream at Ramsey more. It's always awesome for a franchise when the DBs show more maturity and restraint than the HC.

The DB who shoved him didn’t show more restraint and maturity.

It's funny people are still butt hurt he left. Who cares. We have a coach people love and we're still stalking the guy 2 coaches ago because he made a NFL player cry and demand a trade. Funny stuff.

I think it’s mainly the Bills fans who hate him.

Excellent point - for me Nassib's last year was the best offense we have seen in years. That staff, that year, could scheme to attack weaknesses. I think Dino's fine but haven't seen a lot of that from this system.

While true, we also had senior Justin Pugh(first round pick) and senior Nassib.

Everything looks better when you can block, and when you have a veteran good QB who can be trusted.

E521400E-6E9E-4B60-8062-48FD3E36B677.jpeg

Thinking more about it, Kyle Orton is Marrone's best NFL QB talent to date. Scratch what I said about Bortles...he's #2.

You seem butt-hurt. Marrone was supposed to contend with Brady/Patriots with Blake Bortles?
You seem like a slurper.....yes they were picked by many analysts to compete and possibly beat the Pats...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom