Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug | Syracusefan.com

Things are just fine in Jax for St Doug

Funny that when he wins it's all on Coughlin and when he loses it's on him. LOL.

I just can't beleive Marrone can't win with Gardner Minshew at the helm!

Funny that when he wins it's all on Coughlin and when he loses it's on him. LOL.

that's not what anyone is talking about here

I loved it when he got into it with Ramsery yesterday, you know he wanted to take a swing at him, much like Sgt Hulka.
I thought they were going to throw punches. I'm guessing he is canned assuming the Jags miss the playoffs again.

It was stupid of him to go for two - it was a low scoring game. It's not like Houston was in a shootout with them. Take it to overtime and try to kick a FG for the win.

It was stupid of him to go for two - it was a low scoring game. It's not like Houston was in a shootout with them. Take it to overtime and try to kick a FG for the win.
It wasn’t dumb to go for the win in regulation on the road. Handing it off was dumb when your QB was shredding them with his feet and passing the last two drives.

It's looking like 2017 was an aberration.

I didn't watch the game, but it sounded like Minshew played very well against KC, and was decent against Tennessee.

It's looking like 2017 was an aberration.

I didn't watch the game, but it sounded like Minshew played very well against KC, and was decent against Tennessee.

It was an aberration. They were going to regress to the mean, but didn't think they would this hard and fast. Coughlin's first mistake was committing long-term to Bortles. Should have been preparing for the future and could have by drafting Lamar Jackson. They lost a number of key pieces on both sides of the ball as well in Robinson and Fowler among others.

Marrone needs a QB. His best so far is Blake Bortles.
Ummm...He has Nick Foles who won a Super Bowl. I think Foles just might be better than Bortles. Foles is out now with an injury so Minshew played.

He's like General Custer. He'd be a genius if it had worked.

1568650363839.png

Ummm...He has Nick Foles who won a Super Bowl. I think Foles just might be better than Bortles. Foles is out now with an injury so Minshew played.
Sure but Foles is out and had not played a game for Marrone. I agree he is good and this thread would not exist if he were playing.

Looks like several Jags tried to keep Marrone away, but the Leader of Men(tm) decided he had to scream at Ramsey more. It's always awesome for a franchise when the DBs show more maturity and restraint than the HC.

I'd like to feel bad for Doug but I can't. He looks horrible too. Have to imagine this does not end well for Dougie.

Looks like several Jags tried to keep Marrone away, but the Leader of Men(tm) decided he had to scream at Ramsey more. It's always awesome for a franchise when the DBs show more maturity and restraint than the HC.

Not defending anyone here, but I'm confused by your statement. We know that Jalen was pissed that Marrone didn't throw the review flag on the dropped pass that was called complete. That obviously upset Jalen. But Jalen couldn't let it go and ended up pushing Marrone away (physically) as he walked toward the bench. Another coach was restraining Jalen. Marrone wasn't pissed or retaliated at that point. It was later that Marrone went over there to talk to Jalen. You can see Jalen react with his body as Marrone started talking to him. I don't see how the CB's were more mature than than the coach.

Not defending anyone here, but I'm confused by your statement. We know that Jalen was pissed that Marrone didn't throw the review flag on the dropped pass that was called complete. That obviously upset Jalen. But Jalen couldn't let it go and ended up pushing Marrone away (physically) as he walked toward the bench. Another coach was restraining Jalen. Marrone wasn't pissed or retaliated at that point. It was later that Marrone went over there to talk to Jalen. You can see Jalen react with his body as Marrone started talking to him. I don't see how the CB's were more mature than than the coach.

Yeah kind of the way I saw it too.

I don’t know the entire sequence of events but in the video I saw #26 shooing Marrone away after he went back at Ramsey. I’m not saying Ramsey was in the right, I have no idea, but I’m also not sure what Marrone was hoping to accomplish by going in hot like that.

Edit: to be clear, I don’t really care and I could be completely wrong about everything. I just like poking at Marrone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom