Things I've learned from the Bone"head" Yard | Syracusefan.com

Things I've learned from the Bone"head" Yard

M

MadCuse

1) U Conn single-handedly kept the conference together during the period 1990 - 2011
2) The 30 for 30 special was commissioned by SU affiliated ESPN types and edited to completely ignore UConn contributions (they completely of missed the fact the film was directed by a GT alum)
3) Their current conference affiliation is due to our jealousy and greed because if they were in a P5 conference they would win multiple FB and Basketball titles (most in the same calendar year)

And most disturbingly, We have all been duped CTO is a dude. ;)

I know I should not go over there but it's like a train wreck you cannot look away.

1) U Conn single-handedly kept the conference together during the period 1990 - 2011
2) The 30 for 30 special was commissioned by SU affiliated ESPN types and edited to completely ignore UConn contributions (they completely of missed the fact the film was directed by a GT alum)
3) Their current conference affiliation is due to our jealousy and greed because if they were in a P5 conference they would win multiple FB and Basketball titles (most in the same calendar year)

I know I should not go over there but it's like a train wreck you cannot look away.
I understand their beef with UConn being ignored in a movie with 'Big East' in the title but it had nothing to do with an 'agenda'. The movie received great reviews all around and was made by the same dude that made the great Bird-Magic 30 for 30.

They are sad. No major conference wants them and they don't know why. No one wants to talk about them. They are old news.

They are sad. No major conference wants them and they don't know why. No one wants to talk about them. They are old news.

How dare you not realize that they are the center of the athletic universe in the Armpit of Connecticut.

Remember folks, UConn is the psycho ditched girlfriend of realignment. Would you expect them to act any differently? "Look at me, don't my three titles look good, why don't you like me, why don't you want me?"

Their conference just had their champ, who destroyed virtually everyone the past 2 months, get a 4 seed. We lost 5 of 7 and got a 3 seed.

Nevermind when they lose Ville and add super powers ECU, Tulane, etc; if any AAC team ever wants a top 4 seed from here on out, they better go 30-2 with an elite OOC schedule.

Being a mid major must suck.

The most insightful post in that thread is the one Fishy made at 11:18 last night:

"Long term, both conferences [Big East, AAC] are mid-majors.
AAC, Mountain West, Big East, Atlantic 10 are all heading towards expensive irrelevance.

"It's written in stone - the power 5 conferences have consolidated so much in such a short time. They'll never stop coming - cost of attendance is just the first stone they'll tie around the lesser conferences' necks.

"The only salvation is escape to a power 5 conference."

The most insightful post in that thread is the one Fishy made at 11:18 last night:

"Long term, both conferences [Big East, AAC] are mid-majors.
AAC, Mountain West, Big East, Atlantic 10 are all heading towards expensive irrelevance.

"It's written in stone - the power 5 conferences have consolidated so much in such a short time. They'll never stop coming - cost of attendance is just the first stone they'll tie around the lesser conferences' necks.

"The only salvation is escape to a power 5 conference."
I doubt it will, but that post should absolutely kill any and all misgivings about joining the ACC.

They didn't get mentioned because they were canon fodder for a good portion of the history of the league, especially the period covered, which was really just 5 years. They didn't mention our 87 final four, Derrick Coleman going #1 in the draft or several other huge conference milestones that were just a year or two removed from what was covered.

I guess what I'm saying is: UConn was a flash in the pan. They're Roy Hobbs without the likability, 30-odd homers, a girl who likes them... And Wonderboy just went into the chipper.

They even got an SI cover this week.

Oh, wait.

971983_10151909541991367_1201770114_n.jpg

UConn was (indirectly) referenced plenty of times... Calhoun was shown 5 or 6 times to add some tidbits.

I understand their beef with UConn being ignored in a movie with 'Big East' in the title but it had nothing to do with an 'agenda'. The movie received great reviews all around and was made by the same dude that made the great Bird-Magic 30 for 30.

If they understand the obvious that in terms of talking about specific programs it was heavily focused on 1985 and before that and really only got into the programs that were good as the league was getting established, and that it really didn't talk about any of the programs and how they did in the 90's... you would think they would get it.

They don't. Not a very bright bunch over there. You've got one guy touting their 1988 NIT championship, you've got some other clowns insisting that UConn was actually good in 1981 or something because they went 8-6 in the league(that's Documentary worthy apparently).

How dare you not realize that they are the center of the athletic universe in the Armpit of Connecticut.

I especially liked the part where they mention that the university at Storrs is in the middle of west bubblef&%^ - but they may just help bring in the oh so coveted Hartford market - so they got thrown a bone.

I guess what I'm saying is: UConn was a flash in the pan. They're Roy Hobbs without the likability, 30-odd homers, a girl who likes them... And Wonderboy just went into the chipper.

A flash in the pan with three national titles.

I'll admit it - One of the first things I did after I finished watching the documentary was head to the Boneyard to read what they had to say about it. Because I knew those crybabies would have a multi page thread whining about it, and their tears are delicious.