Things to make us all feel a little better | Syracusefan.com

Things to make us all feel a little better

Cuseball

Starter
Yes times are lean and the road ahead looks quite rocky. When times are tough we can do two things. We can roll up in a ball and wait for the end or we can make fun of others. I choose the latter. Here is my draft list of the misfortunes of other's to try and change the mood.

#6 Memphis
  • Penny keeps reeling in the big-time recruits and then shows he has no idea what’s so ever of how to coach. He’s got two future NBA players on his team in Jalen Duren and #1 recruit Emoni Bates, top transfers in Landers Nolley and Earl Timberlake and has lost four in a row. This is Penny’s 4th year at the helm with no NCAA tournament’s. 8 straight year’s for the program without the NCAA’s
#5 Kentucky
  • I get they are in a different stratosphere but talk about a fan base that has had it with their coach. Top #1-2 recruiting classes year after year and you get stats like this:
  • 16-18 over the past two seasons
  • 8-17 in their last 25 games against Power 5 conferences
  • Since 2015, 16-21 v non-SEC P5 in OOC games
# 4 Louisville
  • Program can’t get out of its own way with scandals
  • NCAA hammer likely to drop next year: As a repeat offender and someone who did not co-operate, they will likely fair far worse than Auburn
  • One NCAA win in 6 years and only two appearances in the NCAA’s
# 3 Seton Hall
  • Better this year than us and actually fun to watch but let’s all laugh
  • 2 NCAA wins in 22 years!
  • Kevin Willard 1-4 in the NCAA’s in his Seton hall career
#2 Uconn
  • I know they are currently better and shaping up to be good for a bit but how about
  • 1 tournament win in last 7 years, with only two NCAA’s in that time
  • Hurley 1 tournament win in his illustrious career
# 1 Georgetown
  • Yeah they beat us and that stinks. However,
  • 1 NCAA tournament in the last 6 years and zero wins
  • 96 wins and 99 losses over that time! Ha Ha Ha Ha
  • No fans at all
Cuse!

Yes times are lean and the road ahead looks quite rocky. When times are tough we can do two things. We can roll up in a ball and wait for the end or we can make fun of others. I choose the latter. Here is my draft list of the misfortunes of other's to try and change the mood.

#6 Memphis
  • Penny keeps reeling in the big-time recruits and then shows he has no idea what’s so ever of how to coach. He’s got two future NBA players on his team in Jalen Duren and #1 recruit Emoni Bates, top transfers in Landers Nolley and Earl Timberlake and has lost four in a row. This is Penny’s 4th year at the helm with no NCAA tournament’s. 8 straight year’s for the program without the NCAA’s
#5 Kentucky
  • I get they are in a different stratosphere but talk about a fan base that has had it with their coach. Top #1-2 recruiting classes year after year and you get stats like this:
# 4 Louisville
  • NCAA hammer likely to drop next year: As a repeat offender and someone who did not co-operate, they will likely fair far worse than Auburn
# 3 Seton Hall
#2 Uconn
  • I know they are currently better and shaping up to be good for a bit but how about
# 1 Georgetown
  • No fans at all
Cuse!

we totally shoulda stayed in the Big East... :rolleyes:

#6 Memphis
#5 Kentucky
# 4 Louisville
# 3 Seton Hall
#2 Uconn
# 1 Georgetown
  • No fans at all
Cuse!
Not to sound like Negative Nancy (which I am not) but I think some part of all of us are very concerned about the end of the Boeheim era and the beginning of the next coach's era. I'm not being happy about the demise of any other program. It's bad karma. That's why I thought it was good for Rutgers to beat Purdue the other day when under normal circumstances screw them and everyone else you have listed.

#6 Memphis
#5 Kentucky
# 4 Louisville
# 3 Seton Hall
#2 Uconn
# 1 Georgetown
  • No fans at all
Cuse!

None of that makes me feel better. Four of the six teams aren’t even in P5 conferences.

Let’s take care of our own house.

#6 Memphis
#5 Kentucky
# 4 Louisville
# 3 Seton Hall
#2 Uconn
# 1 Georgetown
  • No fans at all
Cuse!
I'll play ... Louisville's AD departed for an ACC rival, which some might say is a positive, but administratively, they'll at least be in some degree of uncertainty for a period of time.

#6 Memphis
#5 Kentucky
# 4 Louisville
# 3 Seton Hall
#2 Uconn
# 1 Georgetown
  • No fans at all
Cuse!

Cuse has more national championships than only 2 of those teams on the list and 4 of those teams are either past/current league mates. Not sure Cuse could beat any of those teams this season. Glass houses...

Cuse has more national championships than only 2 of those teams on the list and 4 of those teams are either past/current league mates. Not sure Cuse could beat any of those teams this season. Glass houses...
that does not make me feel better

None of that makes me feel better. Four of the six teams aren’t even in P5 conferences.

Let’s take care of our own house.
In basketball, it's P5 not P6--the BE is a Big Boy league. So, 5 of those teams are "Major".

Those NCAA numbers show how lucky we have it even in a major doldrums period. I realize that in order to stay pessimistic, a lot of our fans have decided to dismiss NCAA wins, but look at that. If we had only 1 or 2 NCAA wins in the last half decade or longer, it would be even worse around here than it is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom