This boards gone crazy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This boards gone crazy

Hoeh is an offensive lineman who was pressed into emergency duty as a FB when Rhino went down. He was never recruited to be the next Csonka.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hoeh back in the trenches in 2023.

I had to double check and if he's an O lineman, he's a very small 275.

If anything I would argue Minnesota has far more questions to answer.
While I agree, they get to do it with a win, which is ultimately all that matters.

Team will probably be decent. My pessimism is more big picture. For so many years the goal has been to just make a bowl. “The program just needs to get to a bowl, it would be so cool for these players to get to a bowl, etc.”.

We FINALLY get to a bowl and all the best guys don’t even want to play in it.

What’s the point? The seasons are meaningless.
And maybe it needs to be a major bowl like a NY6 but even Tennessee who hasn't been to one in years is having their best players opt out. It's almost playoff or nothing else matters.
Except Alabama has Bryce and Will Anderson playing in a meaningless sugar bowl when they could go 1 and 2 in the draft, amazing when compared to other opt outs

And maybe it needs to be a major bowl like a NY6 but even Tennessee who hasn't been to one in years is having their best players opt out. It's almost playoff or nothing else matters.
Except Alabama has Bryce and Will Anderson playing in a meaningless sugar bowl when they could go 1 and 2 in the draft, amazing when compared to other opt outs
Yeah, I’m not saying I blame the players or don’t understand it.

I’m just saying as a fan, it makes me not care.

I had to double check and if he's an O lineman, he's a very small 275.
He didn’t play O-line this year, so he may have been trying to play lighter.

There’s a lot of reasons to be excited about next year.

I think we’re a 10 win team next year, if wideout’s fixed. Punting is going to be important too.

Think we’ll finally see our defense get the relief it needs, and the owwies will magically become less frequent.

I love the game threads. It’s a good place to blow off steam when you have nobody at your house to complain to.
I have also used them to keep up with a game I can’t watch for whatever reason. Yeah you can watch the score on a sports app but if you read the game thread you will know exactly what is happening.

If you don’t like what is being said keep scrolling or engage. Just because you don’t like someone’s opinion doesn’t mean it’s wrong or irrelevant.

As I read those threads I kept thinking of a line from the opening of the tv show "Burn Notice" where the FBI agent describes spies as "whiny little bi...t..es."

And now there are elements of that creeping into this thread!

As I read those threads I kept thinking of a line from the opening of the tv show "Burn Notice" where the FBI agent describes spies as "whiny little bi...t..es."

And now there are elements of that creeping into this thread!

I miss Sam Axe..

Sam-Axe.Burn-Notice.webp

If anything I would argue Minnesota has far more questions to answer. We played a mistake ridden game in part due to amount of guys missing and a God awful field.

Their second half scoring was a pick 6 and a 25 yard drive after a poor kick coverage.

In the first half they scored on two shorter fields after a failed 4th down conversion and one of many pop Warner level punts.

We gained the second most yards on their top 5 ypg defense all year ( weak schedule or not).
After losing yet another winnable game, people just have to vent somewhere. Your post has actually laid out why fans needed to vent by outlining how SU blew such a winnable game.

Some coaches win the majority of winnable games. I think its based on fundamentals. Dino... well you know.

To me this was not a meaningless game. The season goes in the books as 7-6, instead of 8-5.

After losing yet another winnable game, people just have to vent somewhere. Your post has actually laid out why fans needed to vent by outlining how SU blew such a winnable game.

Some coaches win the majority of winnable games. I think its based on fundamentals. Dino... well you know.

To me this was not a meaningless game. The season goes in the books as 7-6, instead of 8-5.

Don't really have any issue with venting unless there was a hidden message in my post I was unaware of to which .. sorry?

You play every game to win so of course it's frustrating to lose a game we could have won. Of course it's not meaningless as it's our first bowl game since 2018. It also is a crazy confluence of circumstance over the past 6 weeks leading up along with pathetic field conditions that cost Minny their starting QB for next year likely. So while the emotions are expected I think the over analysis is overkill. Not sure you can extract much from the loss that says we aren't very good from it.

This is correct

Team will probably be decent. My pessimism is more big picture. For so many years the goal has been to just make a bowl. “The program just needs to get to a bowl, it would be so cool for these players to get to a bowl, etc.”.

We FINALLY get to a bowl and all the best guys don’t even want to play in it.

What’s the point? The seasons are meaningless.
The season is essentially meaningless for the teams that don’t compete for conference championships, that’s true. Just like it was before there were 40 bowls and everyone with a pulse got an invite. We watch for entertainment the kids play because they like football have a chance to make a career out of it, the rest is up to the individual.

The season is essentially meaningless for the teams that don’t compete for conference championships, that’s true. Just like it was before there were 40 bowls and everyone with a pulse got an invite. We watch for entertainment the kids play because they like football have a chance to make a career out of it, the rest is up to the individual.

If it was meaningless, why was senior and sure to be 1st round pick Marvin Harrison out there eating Clemson’s lunch in the Gator Bowl?

If it was meaningless, why was senior and sure to be 1st round pick Marvin Harrison out there eating Clemson’s lunch in the Gator Bowl?
Because he wanted to play, that’s about all I can give you. It might not be meaningless to the individual because people find value in what they personally do, but again that’s for the individual to decide. If you look at it from 10,000 feet, if you win 9/10 games but don’t win a conference championship/national championship, you take home the same amount of hardware as any other team. That’s not to say you didn’t ACHIEVE more, but was it anymore meaningful to people not personally invested? Probably not.

Again, I’m just talking in general here not at the micro level.

Because he wanted to play, that’s about all I can give you. It might not be meaningless to the individual because people find value in what they personally do, but again that’s for the individual to decide. If you look at it from 10,000 feet, if you win 9/10 games but don’t win a conference championship/national championship, you take home the same amount of hardware as any other team. That’s not to say you didn’t ACHIEVE more, but was it anymore meaningful to people not personally invested? Probably not.

Again, I’m just talking in general here not at the micro level.
So is this the “yeah and how many RINGS did HE win” sports talk meme culture of the last 20 years fully taking root?

“Lololol Charles Barkley/Melo sucks because nO rInGz”.

getting upset about game threads is so goofy.
For real. Every fanbase is like that. It’s what sports do to us when supporting our team and I don’t really view game board as reality. It’s a few hours where we can escape the real world Bs.

So is this the “yeah and how many RINGS did HE win” sports talk meme culture of the last 20 years fully taking root?

“Lololol Charles Barkley/Melo sucks because nO rInGz”.
No, not at all! Individual and team “meaningfulness” to the general public are very different. Melo individually is a great player and can be recognized as one of the best, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the nuggets/knicks teams he was on are now also enshrined in greatness, right? Knicks fans probably look back fondly on the 2012-13 season but I don’t think they’ll be making any all century lists for best teams. Again, I’m talking about this from the viewpoint of an everyday sports fan - the teams you remember are the ones you root for and then the ones that win hardware, the rest kind of fade into oblivion.

The result I didn’t really care for. The game was over once the pick 6 happened. Allen stood out which is a massive positive. I still have high hopes for Alford.

As for ten wins I don’t really see without more size on the lines how that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom