This boards gone crazy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This boards gone crazy

The season is essentially meaningless for the teams that don’t compete for conference championships, that’s true. Just like it was before there were 40 bowls and everyone with a pulse got an invite. We watch for entertainment the kids play because they like football have a chance to make a career out of it, the rest is up to the individual.
It might be meaningless to you, but I guarantee it’s not to a lot of players on many teams.

It might be meaningless to you, but I guarantee it’s not to a lot of players on many teams.
That’s where the “personally invested” part of my comment comes in…

Edit: sorry different comment you were responding too, but I expanded on it later in the thread with DW

Just a few random thoughts compiled from sentiments and tidbits posted on this board:

Game threads are where I turn for level-headed, objective, and uplifting analysis of the football program in real time.

Time outs remaining at the end of a half are an objective measure of head coaching ability and prowess.

If a pass play results in anything other than a completion it means our wide receivers are slow, can't get open, and can't catch.

The transfer portal is the solution to addressing the glaring vacancies and lack of talent for the 143 scholarship slots on our roster.

Duke is the problem. They have been so laughably bad at football and are bringing everybody down.

Have we ever had a game thread without either an "extend coach now" or "fire coach now" comment?

Seems like a good analytics project I have no interest in volunteering for.

Just a few random thoughts compiled from sentiments and tidbits posted on this board:

Game threads are where I turn for level-headed, objective, and uplifting analysis of the football program in real time.

Time outs remaining at the end of a half are an objective measure of head coaching ability and prowess.

If a pass play results in anything other than a completion it means our wide receivers are slow, can't get open, and can't catch.

The transfer portal is the solution to addressing the glaring vacancies and lack of talent for the 143 scholarship slots on our roster.

Duke is the problem. They have been so laughably bad at football and are bringing everybody down.
This one. I get as angry as anyone with mis management but some really think we lose every game because it. There's no rational thoughts on each decision. Some rather assume every move he makes is wrong lol

This one. I get as angry as anyone with mis management but some really think we lose every game because it. There's no rational thoughts on each decision. Some rather assume every move he makes is wrong lol
Take that Costanza!

I wasn’t upset. I was annoyed. You never get irritated with people?

Every time he looks in the mirror.

But game threads are what they are at this point. It's the emotion of living and dying with every play (which is actually what happens with Shrader as the QB).

I think it's a chance to vent as much as you want, be as angry or happy as you want. When the game is over, it's locked up, and you pretend it never happened.

I enjoy them.

yeah, the ones who get the vapors over game threads
You sir are truly unique in emotional discipline and social media restraint. I commend you.

Last edited:
For real. Every fanbase is like that. It’s what sports do to us when supporting our team and I don’t really view game board as reality. It’s a few hours where we can escape the real world Bs.
Every fan base also has guys like me that get irritated when fans just want to rip on a coach or player over and over ad nauseam. I’m secure in myself enough to know I am that guy. And it’s okay. I know how to avoid what I find irritating. For me it’s probably staying out of game threads. Which was the original point.

Every time he looks in the mirror.

But game threads are what they are at this point. It's the emotion of living and dying with every play (which is actually what happens with Shrader as the QB).

I think it's a chance to vent as much as you want, be as angry or happy as you want. When the game is over, it's locked up, and you pretend it never happened.

I enjoy them.
Enjoy them or not...it should never be a venue to publicly defame college (semi-amateur) athletes. I've never had a problem with the idiocy of Monday morning QB'ing in real time as long as it's directed to coaches and not players.

Most of the negative naysayers are also the most clueless. Many of the regular suspects should consider Mark Twain's quote...“it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt.

There’s a lot of reasons to be excited about next year.

I think we’re a 10 win team next year, if wideout’s fixed. Punting is going to be important too.

Think we’ll finally see our defense get the relief it needs, and the owwies will magically become less frequent.
Love the optimism, but if we thought this seasons schedule is tough next year we have the Purdue return game, at FSU, drew Clemson at home, and at UNC with Drake Maye. We need to find a way to beat Pitt. I think Wake and GT will be down so hopefully we beat them along with BC in conference. The Clemson games are so physical they take a lot out of us. If you ever want to see something eye popping look up our record for the following 4 games after we play Clemson. They bring a physicality and an emotional toll that lasts for weeks after.

Anyways, if you look at our 2023 and go by games most likely to be favored or not we are probably looking at 5-3 with 4 toss ups (Wake, Pitt, @Purdue, @VT).

Every fan base also has guys like me that get irritated when fans just want to rip on a coach or player over and over ad nauseam. I’m secure in myself enough to know I am that guy. And it’s okay. I know how to avoid what I find irritating. For me it’s probably staying out of game threads. Which was the original point.
Or have "fans" in the chat saying the game is all over 15 minutes in.

I’m happy that you came to that conclusion. Pat yourself on the back.

If it was meaningless, why was senior and sure to be 1st round pick Marvin Harrison out there eating Clemson’s lunch in the Gator Bowl?
Love that game. I still remember Cuse killing them and the network interviewed a geriatric Clemson fan and she gave a phonetic lesson on pronunciation of Clemson. I was like this is what it has come to for those poor people. :p

I’m happy that you came to that conclusion. Pat yourself on the back.
“It’s difficult for one to pat himself on the back when he is standing with his back to a wall.”

Reading the board during and after yesterday's game made me feel like this

For a team that lost both coordinator's and a litany of key defensive players, and our workhorse running back, I thought the team showed enough for next year to be excited about.

Allen showed his RB 1 potential.

Our D showed the depth and talent to feel comfortable going into next year.

Yes there are holes and issues. Most teams do have those issues.

Garrett made some poor decisions - nothing has changed. That's who he is. He will win you some and he will lose you some.

Reinforcements are on the way for the OL.

Adams showed flashes that he can contribute at wide out next year. Isaiah Jones returns to the wide out fold.

Yes we still need help and improvement at wide out, but Beck showed yesterday that kids just needed an opportunity. They spread it out and tossed it around.

The field slop contributed to Garrett passing more than taking off.

Our specials are concerning, but again, nothing new from the past two years. Can Denaburg replace Andre? TBD. Can this transfer from SEC fix our punting problems? TBD.

We finished where a majority expected or at best, hoped - against a strong schedule.

Next year should be another bowl year.

Something we haven't seen since Doug.

There is still a lot of off season to play out before next season. Enjoy it, and be optimistic, it's much healthier to do.
Amen. Super post.

Listen, I love the game thread. Am I irrationally posting on a message board that is likely filled with mostly middle-aged men like myself? Yes. Does it save me money from having to pay for therapy bc I’m letting out my feelings onto my posts? Also yes.

Win, win.
I will say the game thread can be cathartic, it's a relatively safe way to vent frustrations rather than keep it bottled up although I do think it can contribute to overall general grumpiness with a loss and way too much giddiness after a win

Love that game. I still remember Cuse killing them and the network interviewed a geriatric Clemson fan and she gave a phonetic lesson on pronunciation of Clemson. I was like this is what it has come to for those poor people. :p
Klimp-son. I remember it well.

Enjoy them or not...it should never be a venue to publicly defame college (semi-amateur) athletes. I've never had a problem with the idiocy of Monday morning QB'ing in real time as long as it's directed to coaches and not players.

Most of the negative naysayers are also the most clueless. Many of the regular suspects should consider Mark Twain's quote...“it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt.
That’s from the book of Proverbs my friend. Twain was paraphrasing Proverbs. And yes it is solid advice of course.

For real. Every fanbase is like that. It’s what sports do to us when supporting our team and I don’t really view game board as reality. It’s a few hours where we can escape the real world Bs.
I would love to see a tame and very sane game thread of any football program at any level.
Can you imagine....”Oh Dino, don't worry about it we still have 2 timeouts to burn. We’ll get it right next time. Go Orange”.

Or

“Great effort on the 4th false start. Shows awesome aggressiveness”.

Seriously.

I would love to see a tame and very sane game thread of any football program at any level.
Can you imagine...”Oh Dino, don't worry about it we still have 2 timeouts to burn. We’ll get it right next time. Go Orange”.

Or

“Great effort on the 4th false start. Shows awesome aggressiveness”.

Seriously.
When we have passion it means there is hope. When we stop caring is when it’s over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom