This doesn't happen to us... | Syracusefan.com

This doesn't happen to us...

Chicago44s

2nd String
I've never been a sky is falling kind of person because the ship seems to always right itself. The Smart shot, the whole probation thing in the 90's, J-DUb and the 95-96 overachievers, the 2006-07 screw job. I didn't give up and neither did most of you. 2003 finally rewarded and somewhat justified our Orange obsessions.

We've stuck with them. SU Hoops has been about the only steady thing in my life. I knew I could count on JB and his cast year in and year out like the sunrise. We took the good with the bad. This year will always be remembered as either the beginning of the end or the year this team showed more resolve than any other in Syracuse history.

Give 'em a fighters chance because their backs are against a wall. Every team in this tournamanet has a loss. Nobody is unbeatable. We're playing with house money now. According to the experts now we're definitely suppose to lose.

All year this team has been bigger than the individual pieces. They've won with and without Fab and they can do it again. I'm not going to give up. I'm not going to miss the game. I sure as hell am not going to stop rooting for the rest of the players. The ones who bleed as much Orange as you or I.

We as fans can do one of two things. Feed into this madness and believe this is the end of an era or fight for what we believe in. It's not about JB, or Fab or this team. It's about pride and Syracuse Basketball. What I've always known and what I always will.

Sometimes when one faces adversity, magic happens. I remember the game after Brett Favre's dad died, and receiver after receiver made impossible catches, almost as if the angels lifted them up to catch them. (Schlocky, I know.) Of course, that was only one game. Right now this is a mental and spiritual challenge for our team. I truly wonder how much the fans' energy and thoughts affect the players, even from afar. I have often had the experience in the Dome that the fans were willing the team to win. So, as upset and shocked as I feel right now, I think I'm going to practice sending out some good vibrations. Why the hell not?

Man looks into the abyss, and there is nothing staring back at him. At that moment, he finds his character, and that is was keeps him from the abyss.

Melo was a stiff. A big body in the middle of the zone. Too quick to leave his feet, no hands on offense, and the basketball IQ of a Pointer sister.

Go small with the line-up, play to our strengths, and run people out of the gym.

Orange

Man looks into the abyss, and there is nothing staring back at him. At that moment, he finds his character, and that is was keeps him from the abyss.

Melo was a stiff. A big body in the middle of the zone. Too quick to leave his feet, no hands on offense, and the basketball IQ of a Pointer sister.

Go small with the line-up, play to our strengths, and run people out of the gym.

Orange

We actually are a better defensive rebounding team with Fab out of the game and Rak in.

We have replaced What losses with What situations!! I think I would rather have the What losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom