This forum and fan negativity | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This forum and fan negativity

I'm not a local, so color me ignorant on this, but hasn't hoops attendance been as good, or better, than the mid/late 90s? And my impression is that there are much more expensive seating options now for hoops than there were 15 years ago, and those are all sold out.

What makes drawing 5-7K more or so for football so outlandish, when hoops has been drawing so well?

As Bayside said, no. Hoops is down.**

The sports-viewing landscape has changed quite a bit in the past decade-plus.

**Edit: Sorry, read that as "mid-'90s" - hoops attendance is a bit better than 1998-2002. The last two seasons were close to the mid-'90s (football and basketball both dropped significantly in 1993 and 1994). This season is down.

We had one of the worst 11 game stretches in the history of SU FB. There was plenty of unwatchable FB being played. We had an ugly win over a mediocre Pitt, an uninspiring win over Stony Brook, and NINE loses. Look at the list of teams we lost to. So it was this forums fault we went 2-9?

I take people's "info" with a grain of salt because 99% of the time it is all BS, but if Marrone said this then it shows that he is not cut out for CFB and is just looking for an excuse to get out. His failures shouldn't be attributed to a message board. That is laughable.

I know that Doug is disguted with lack of fan support and the negative fans

I feel that this board is major contributor to that problem. For the past year this forum was almost unreadable with its plethora of contunous negative posts. It was just awful actually. It was many people and you know who you are. Everyone of you was dead wrong on your crtiticisms of the staff and the decisions that they made.

This is the main internet forum and this is a powerful medium, maybe more so than the PS itself. This forum is a major force in the mindset of the fan base as a whole. So the perpetual negative posting takes a toll on the program. So if we lose Doug consider yourselves as a major force contributing to him leaving.

Holy crap. This place - and we - are all nuts.

This forum also shows
  • incredible passion for tailgating
  • organized ticket sales and away game get-togethers
  • emails to the staff on potential recruits
  • s**tloads of passion
If this board legitimately is "a major force to him leaving," I will merely laugh and support the next guy who tries to help Syracuse football win games.
Buzz Shaw...you might have called it on this one.

Maybe fan negativity is a problem here but it doesn't cause anyone to go interview for a job in Buffalo.

It's like the f*cking tinkytubbies over here compared to what he'd listen to there.

Maybe fan negativity is a problem here but it doesn't cause anyone to go interview for a job in Buffalo.

It's like the f*cking tinkytubbies over here compared to what he'd listen to there.

Buffalo Bills fans are a very patient and thoughtful group. They would never display any negativity towards their coach(es). :rolleyes:

10220_159283199766_717509766_2633450_4376246_n.jpg

Billboard on I-190, October 2009

Holy crap. This place - and we - are all nuts.

This forum also shows
  • incredible passion for tailgating
  • organized ticket sales and away game get-togethers
  • emails to the staff on potential recruits
  • s**tloads of passion
If this board legitimately is "a major force to him leaving," I will merely laugh and support the next guy who tries to help Syracuse football win games.

Buzz Shaw...you might have called it on this one.

The pervasive negativity and lack of overall fan support is part of what has taken the bloom off the rose for him. This place is one small piece of that factor.

Don't inflate that to he would be leaving because of this or any other message board.

U L fan here. Last year after a KY loss anti Rick posts dominated our site. They ran about three to one that Rick had lost it. After a final four they shut up. We've even had negative threads after a close win this week against KY. Rick complained about both sites in Louisville and even tried to discourage players from going to the sites last year. Our additional problem is having UK fans Posing with UL type names and trashing Rick. Things can get very nasty. I think that in reading your site for about an hour, I find far more objective posters and no nasty outside trolls. Congratulations on a very active site and it is fun to find knowledgeable posters. You really have to dumb down in dealing with UK posters here. They are a rabid, racist bunch. I do think that most recruits understand what goes on and don't pay attention to anything much but their own twitter sites.

Buffalo Bills fans are a very patient and thoughtful group. They would never display any negativity towards their coach(es). :rolleyes:

10220_159283199766_717509766_2633450_4376246_n.jpg
Doug is an optimistic ind of personality and could easily think he could make a difference in that city I just hope that if he definitive goalas for his job here,he realizes that he hasn't finished them yet but is getting closer and by leaving it sets this program back unless ZGross can find another dedicated HC who loves Syracuse and this state's kids as much as Marrone.
Billboard on I-190, October 2009

The pervasive negativity and lack of overall fan support is part of what has taken the bloom off the rose for him. This place is one small piece of that factor.

Don't inflate that to he would be leaving because of this or any other message board.

It's kind of funny hearing that coming from a coach who was at a franchise that became famous for half-empty Domes with people wearing bags over their heads. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom