This has to be better | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This has to be better

Qality of playcalling can't be measured so alot of chatter about it can be BS hindsight. but on the other hand, people who always dismiss playcalling as a factor want us to believe that it doesn't matter and that it's all of equal quality simply because it's not something easily measured. After the McF'it and Spence experience and then watching what we get with the most credible offensive assistants we have had in forever, it's hard to dismiss
This place is better when you’re posting in the Fall.

That being said, I have to take this opportunity to go back to your Aug. 30th posts and say… Neener Neener.

Qality of playcalling can't be measured so alot of chatter about it can be BS hindsight. but on the other hand, people who always dismiss playcalling as a factor want us to believe that it doesn't matter and that it's all of equal quality simply because it's not something easily measured. After the McF'it and Spence experience and then watching what we get with the most credible offensive assistants we have had in forever, it's hard to dismiss
You said our QB isn't good at throwing and that isn't going to get fixed this year. "Wake me up next year". That is essentially saying Shrader could not be improved enough this year to be a good thrower.
If he isn't good at throwing, how is he getting the ball to the receivers who have been schemed open? The answer, he has been coached up by Beck and the scheme gets guys open for him to use his improved skills.
Just admit your hot take about this was wrong and you were being drama queen with how you said it. Don't try to rationalize it with all of this last 10 years made it impossible to see this coming, it's all scheme, blah blah blah.
Like I said earlier, wake your own dang self up because the rest of us will be too busy enjoying the season.

You said our QB isn't good at throwing and that isn't going to get fixed this year. "Wake me up next year". That is essentially saying Shrader could not be improved enough this year to be a good thrower.
If he isn't good at throwing, how is he getting the ball to the receivers who have been schemed open? The answer, he has been coached up by Beck and the scheme gets guys open for him to use his improved skills.
Just admit your hot take about this was wrong and you were being drama queen with how you said it. Don't try to rationalize it with all of this last 10 years made it impossible to see this coming, it's all scheme, blah blah blah.
Like I said earlier, wake your own dang self up because the rest of us will be too busy enjoying the season.
Agreed. Shraders deep ball to Alford against UConn was a thing of beauty. I know it was UConn but it was literally a perfect deep ball. I, for one, did NOT think this much improvement was possible. It's just as much Shrader improving as it is scheme in my opinion, and my stomach is about to explode from crow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom