This is crazy but maybe we beat Miami. | Syracusefan.com

This is crazy but maybe we beat Miami.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Obviously not based on anything that we have seen on the court, but the best time to right this ship is when there are no distractions. Xmas is over, New Years is over. It's all about practice. Nothing else. Who's with me.

Obviously not based on anything that we have seen on the court, but the best time to right this ship is when there are no distractions. Xmas is over, New Years is over. It's all about practice. Nothing else. Who's with me.

I would love to be with you...and in fact said the same thing in games following the previous 5 losses but reality is setting in. I don't think the ship will be right this season.

We talking about practice? Lol

I think our problems are much bigger than distractions. We have some talented players but over all as a group they are bad at playing basketball together as a team on both ends.

We have to start winning some games sometime, you'd think. But then you remember getting shellacked by St. John's and BC and it doesn't seem likely. My question would be what did we see in the BC game that looked like positive changes moving forward? The guard play looks to me like its spiraling down the toilet waiting to get flushed rather than improving. (Although Battle is progressing slowly) The defense on the perimeter seems to help opposing players have great offensive games. Worst of all is that as the team gets down they show no will to fight, lose focus and stop even trying to execute.

I think you'll see us come out in man. Or at the very least, get out of the zone as soon as the problems show they are persisting.

I think you'll see us come out in man. Or at the very least, get out of the zone as soon as the problems show they are persisting.

Agree. And it's better than continuing what hasn't been working.

Worst of all is that as the team gets down they show no will to fight, lose focus and stop even trying to execute.

This is what I think the main problem is with this year's team.
They are talented players, so I don't think talent is the issue.
This is a mental problem, and if they can somehow figure out how to fix this, I think there is a chance they can turn this season around.

I'm not liking this because I like the prediction, but because I share it.

Agreed also. Though I will say I think the game will be determined in the first 10 minutes. Like other people have said, no come back in this team.

We keep saying we have talented players... I don't think we do anymore.

Andrew White was ok in the B1G, this isn't the B1G. Howard wouldn't start for anyone in the ACC. Battle has been pretty soft so far. Lydon is good but not a dominating player. Thompson is good but there's players like him all over the ACC. Everyone else is terrible.

Maybe we should stop saying we're talented.

Miami has good guards. So does NC State. Miami's guards dominated against NC State.

I don't care if Lydon and Thompson combine for 40 and 20 tomorrow.

We don't have any guards.

Sure we could win, not going to get too excited even if we do.

We keep saying we have talented players... I don't think we do anymore.

Andrew White was ok in the B1G, this isn't the B1G. Howard wouldn't start for anyone in the ACC. Battle has been pretty soft so far. Lydon is good but not a dominating player. Thompson is good but there's players like him all over the ACC. Everyone else is terrible.

Maybe we should stop saying we're talented.
Agreed. This is not a talented team at all. It's a group with limited overall abilities and most of the players have one specific skill they seem to be good at (White - catch and shoot, Lydon - outside shooting, Roberson - rebounding, etc)...

At this point I wouldn't bet for or against us.

It'll literally just take a Beast Roberson game and a Lydon/White hot streak for us to take down anybody.

Again, not banking on it happening but it's bound to happen.

Anybody ever watch that Lewis Black bit where he talks about candy corn on Halloween? That's how I feel about this team. I go into each game with hope, apparently forgetting the futility on display in the past games, only to see a few minutes of actions before the memory of their suckage comes screaming back. My New Year's Resolution is to never expect anything good to happen when this team steps on the court.

At this point I wouldn't bet for or against us.

It'll literally just take a Beast Roberson game and a Lydon/White hot streak for us to take down anybody.

Again, not banking on it happening but it's bound to happen.

We're a midmajor with size right now. If a there is a team out there dumb enough to let us shoot 3's, we could win a game 100 to 98 against a decent team. Somebody is bound to have an off shooting night against us and only go like 60% from the field instead of 85%.

It's not a particularly good matchup, especially given Miami's coach, but I agree that we're due for a few good wins soon. This isn't going to be an eight-win season. This is a good enough collection of talent and coaches that they're bound to put it together and play well now and again. Wouldn't shock me at all if it happens tomorrow night, though I think there are more likely opportunities, including Pitt without Dixon.

I hope you're right, but I'm thinking that a Jim Larranaga coached team will probably feast on our defensive issues and turn the game into a layup line.

Don't want to hijack, but it'd be cool if opponents' fans could say the same thing about our team/coach/offense combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom