This is crazy but maybe we beat Miami. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is crazy but maybe we beat Miami.

At this point I wouldn't bet for or against us.

It'll literally just take a Beast Roberson game and a Lydon/White hot streak for us to take down anybody.

Again, not banking on it happening but it's bound to happen.
The problem as I see it, let's say we get in a close game. Who do you see on this team hitting a big shot or worse yet, a big free throw?

The problem as I see it, let's say we get in a close game. Who do you see on this team hitting a big shot or worse yet, a big free throw?

Lydon, if not him, then nobody.

Miami is 11-2. They haven't played the toughest pre conference schedule. Best win so far NC State.

They should beat us by 20+. Keeping it close will be an accomplishment.

Sadly, I think we may have a better chance of beating Miami in Football next year, than Basketball this year.

Obviously not based on anything that we have seen on the court, but the best time to right this ship is when there are no distractions. Xmas is over, New Years is over. It's all about practice. Nothing else. Who's with me.

Cause+why+the+hell+not_d46a3f_5351420.jpg

The defense on the perimeter seems to help opposing players have great offensive games. Worst of all is that as the team gets down they show no will to fight, lose focus and stop even trying to execute.
As bad as it was watching that game Sunday, it's hard to believe we scored 48 points in the 2nd half.

Obviously not based on anything that we have seen on the court, but the best time to right this ship is when there are no distractions. Xmas is over, New Years is over. It's all about practice. Nothing else. Who's with me.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling like those dudes whom all remained on their arse. ;)

Finding acc wins will be tough if we can't handle BC. The canes are pretty good. And so is Clemson, wake, pitt.

Miami is only -1 tomorrow night, is that accurate? Seems like easy money, no?

So who isn't going? I'm down for watching the debacle in person. Tickets?

We keep saying we have talented players... I don't think we do anymore.

Andrew White was ok in the B1G, this isn't the B1G. Howard wouldn't start for anyone in the ACC. Battle has been pretty soft so far. Lydon is good but not a dominating player. Thompson is good but there's players like him all over the ACC. Everyone else is terrible.

Maybe we should stop saying we're talented.
I agree - I don't think we are that talented in terms of basketball skill and IQ. I also think we are not that athletic. We look slow

I dread attending this game. Will the crowd boo our players? I know for sure this crowd of one will not! And as the OP said, maybe we'll win. Hey, you never know!

upload_2017-1-4_12-27-57.png

Two shooter to look out for on Miami. However, against us everyone is a shooter...

We're a midmajor with size right now. If a there is a team out there dumb enough to let us shoot 3's, we could win a game 100 to 98 against a decent team. Somebody is bound to have an off shooting night against us and only go like 60% from the field instead of 85%.

Yup. Or dumb enough to play a zone against us. But even then you never know with our Bball IQ if we can successfully attack a zone from game to game. But, if you M2M and get up on us to defend the 3 then we are screwed since nobody can create off the bounce well.

People need to have faith. We have a Hall of Fame coach. He was able to right the ship by making some key personnel changes and by taking advantage of having these guys all to himself with no distractions. Thiat was an incredible 40 minute performance our shortened lineup gave,

Clifton -- what a great call!!!

Clifton -- what a great call!!!
I'm still surprised at the Vegas odds after Cuse playing so bad. They really suckered people into betting Miami. But I don't think smart people think that JAB threw in the towel. As you or someone else said, our guys have individual talent. Our coaches needed to find the right combination. Plus we knew our defense was going to take time to gel with all the new pieces. Let's hope this continues. The Pitt game is going to be very tough. They have guys there that are on the eight year plan. But we have them at home which is key.

Miami is 11-2. They haven't played the toughest pre conference schedule. Best win so far NC State.

They should beat us by 20+. Keeping it close will be an accomplishment.

Nailed that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom