This is not a tournament team | Syracusefan.com

This is not a tournament team

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Aside from the Duke win, where we were gifted two injured stars, this team has beaten up on the dregs of the ACC while getting throttled by any decent team. Throw in the bad OOC losses (which included two more blowouts), the remaining schedule - with only one guaranteed win (maybe?), and the same issues repeated game after game and you have all the makings of a team that is NIT-bound.

They're going to play themselves out with the last three weeks. When your veteran leaders half ass these games, you don't have a shot to compete.

As far as recent years, the loss that hurt me the most as a fan was probably when Saint John's came in with a terrible team on paper and absolutely made the carrier dome their personal dunk contest...that one sticks out to me over the last few years.

3 blowout losses in our last 6. The 3 others were BC/Pitt.

I know we’re Jekyll and Hyde, so there’s probably a couple of unexpected wins coming up. But it’s not out of the realm that we lose them all. The ‘easy’ games are on the road.

There were so many flaws tonight, I stopped keeping track.

Aside from the Duke win, where we were gifted two injured stars, this team has beaten up on the dregs of the ACC while getting throttled by any decent team. Throw in the bad OOC losses (which included two more blowouts), the remaining schedule - with only one guaranteed win (maybe?), and the same issues repeated game after game and you have all the makings of a team that is NIT-bound.

I’ll gladly take the bumped thread if they do this, I think this team is toast. we had the game of their life vs Duke and beat the rest of the crummy teams. The schedule back loaded everyone decent, we’d probably be like 14-11 with the reg schedule. I don’t expect to win more that 1 game vs these good teams remaining and the bubble will be decided at the acc tourney. Hope they prove me wrong, I don’t see it

Maybe 1-2 more wins this year before we get 1 cupcake in the NIT

time to face facts his team is not that good. I keep waiting for maybe the team will start to gel and come together or the Howard from last year will finally show up but that ship has sailed!
Any decent team we play completely exploits this team and hardly ever have a answer.
WE HAVE BECOME SO DAMN PREDICTABLE!! I'll leave it at that

Per the forum, we are New York’s Team. So all good.

I’ll gladly take the bumped thread if they do this, I think this team is toast. we had the game of their life vs Duke and beat the rest of the crummy teams. The schedule back loaded everyone decent, we’d probably be like 14-11 with the reg schedule. I don’t expect to win more that 1 game vs these good teams remaining and the bubble will be decided at the acc tourney. Hope they prove me wrong, I don’t see it

i think 10-8 in acc will get us in.

3 definite losses, duke unc uva

so gotta go 2-1 in these games, louisville at wake at clemson

definitely not a gimmee, we could be lookinh at an epic collapse

Nope they are not good. 3 more wins does not seem too likely.

Except they likely don't need 3 more wins. Of course 2 is hard to fathom at times with this team.