This is not a tournament team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This is not a tournament team

It is.

THe real question is what is going to happen with Battle and Brissett neither have a chance of getting drafted. Of course they could both sneak into the 2nd round late but that is less than 50-50. I blame our fans for pushing them out the door and this narrative that they were good enough to leave early from day 1 has done nobody any favors.

OP will look stupid next week after we beat Louisville. Anyone with half a brain knew there would be some ugly nights in ACC play last night was one of them move onto the next. Duke was having a bad game like us on the road until the last 5 minutes Tuesday night.
Duke won and every blowout loss in the the ACC you chalk up to a bad night. Well, that's 4 bad nights. Seems to be a pattern and the norm. It sounds like you are in a state of denial and delusion like other Boeheim apologists. This is the 5th consecutive season of this. Another pattern and state of normalcy.

It is.

THe real question is what is going to happen with Battle and Brissett neither have a chance of getting drafted. Of course they could both sneak into the 2nd round late but that is less than 50-50. I blame our fans for pushing them out the door and this narrative that they were good enough to leave early from day 1 has done nobody any favors.

OP will look stupid next week after we beat Louisville. Anyone with half a brain knew there would be some ugly nights in ACC play last night was one of them move onto the next. Duke was having a bad game like us on the road until the last 5 minutes Tuesday night.

Brissett sneaking into the second round? That is the most laughable thing I've ever read on this board and I've read some winners.

Duke won and every blowout loss in the the ACC you chalk up to a bad night. Well, that's 4 bad nights. Seems to be a pattern and the norm. It sounds like you are in a state of denial and delusion like other Boeheim apologists. This is the 5th consecutive season of this. Another pattern and state of normalcy.
we've been to a final four and a sweet 16 in the past four years despite being hamstrung by scholarships

y'all act like the sky is falling. they have a week off to prep for louisville and get it right before the stretch run. they're on the right side of the bubble, and have plenty of chances to improve their seeding.

This is a poor offensive team Any team that plays aggressive, pressuring defense will shut us down. We have seen last night's debacle a bunch of times this year --and NC State isn't even particularly good. They did a good scouting job and knew what to do defensively. We should beat Wake but Clemson is a good defensive team and they have beaten good teams at home. Not optimistic of getting a win there. Unless we steal one of the home games -- and that seems unlikely we are headed for the NIT. To the media this will look like an end of season collapse. But it has more to do with a back loaded schedule that created the perception of fool's gold from beating up on the dregs of the conference.

we've been to a final four and a sweet 16 in the past four years despite being hamstrung by scholarships

y'all act like the sky is falling. they have a week off to prep for louisville and get it right before the stretch run. they're on the right side of the bubble, and have plenty of chances to improve their seeding.

Hamstrung by scholarships? Even when there was a penalty we still didn't fill them all up.

Hamstrung by scholarships? Even when there was a penalty we still didn't fill them all up.
we're just getting past the NCAA's scholarship reduction from 2014

The bigger problem is that - with the possible exception of 2013-14 - the Orange have been mediocre ever since joining the ACC. (Final Four appearance notwithstanding).
That's the way SU is perceived there...mediocre.
That's not what we expect.
And it's not getting any better.

we're just getting past the NCAA's scholarship reduction from 2014

And again, we didn't use all of the scholarships allocated to us the last year or two while under sanctions. Brandon Bayer got a scholarship for crying out loud.

and this is based on an away game at NC State? happens, you lay eggs sometimes. We'll be fine. We may go 1-2 these next three games which any win against these upcoming teams will solidify us more into the tourny
We've had our share of blowouts. And it's far from a given that we take 1 of these next 3. If I'm wrong, I'll happily eat crow.

Last edited:
and this is based on an away game at NC State? happens, you lay eggs sometimes. We'll be fine. We may go 1-2 these next three games which any win against these upcoming teams will solidify us more into the tourny

Based on an away game at NC State? No, but collectively with a UConn, Old Dominion, and a Ga Tech loss then you start to realize it's been a crap year.

Look, brissett was 1-10, Hughes was 1-9, battle was off and buddy was an 0-fer from 3. When your top 4 scorers arent hitting it's tough to win. We got everything we wanted at the start, with mismatch postups and drives by brissett, and catch and shoot open threes for Hughes. Sometimes the ball doesn't go in, guys get frustrated and that sets the tone. They shot the ball lights out . They aren't that good and we aren't that bad.

Good teams do not miss most of their free throws, good teams do not repeatedly turn the ball over, good teams make their layups. Is Syracuse a fit in any of these categories? It is not just last night it has been a recurring theme all year. Team is just so consistently inconsistent.

Based on an away game at NC State? No, but collectively with a UConn, Old Dominion, and a Ga Tech loss then you start to realize it's been a crap year.
Still crying about games in November?
Could be worse...could be Uconn right now

“Collectively”

And yes I suppose that we could be fighting to avoid our third straight losing season. Can’t fail to meet expectations when you have practically none.

Those games in November don't count? What month was Ga Tech in?

So as long as we're better than UConn all is good? Get out of here with that bs.

Those games in November don't count? What month was Ga Tech in?

So as long as we're better than UConn all is good? Get out of here with that bs.

If we only had Frank in November...what could've been. ;)

But you aren't b!tching about them when we're winning away games or against duke or whoever..but we get a L, and it's a cry storm..honestly, I don't get you guys. Stop watching the program if you feel this way

Huh? I didn’t call you a troll, I was telling YOU that edfromsodus is a troll and not to bother taking his posts seriously. He’s not genuine in anything he posts.

Not sure why you’re still confused, but it’s kinda funny.
Then, my apologies if I misunderstood who you were calling out. I'm glad it wasn't me. I didn't want to have to call my "less than legally employed" associates to straightened you out .lol We're all bitc#y now. Let's hope things get better. Go CUSE!

Howard cannot get by his man. Whatever happened to his ankle was bad enough to impact him going North/South.
But JB keeps saying it’s healed and he doesn’t think that’s what’s effecting him. Frank seems to agree. I’m getting the sense it’s a confidence issue/mental block.

The bigger problem is that - with the possible exception of 2013-14 - the Orange have been mediocre ever since joining the ACC. (Final Four appearance notwithstanding).
That's the way SU is perceived there...mediocre.
That's not what we expect.
And it's not getting any better.

The final four was a fluke. We got lucky. 9/10 times UVA wins that elite 8 game. Let's not forget that we got blown out in the final four. That team was about as offensively challenged as this one. But yes, we got there. But that was more about matchups than talent.

The final four was a fluke. We got lucky. 9/10 times UVA wins that elite 8 game. Let's not forget that we got blown out in the final four. That team was about as offensively challenged as this one. But yes, we got there. But that was more about matchups than talent.

What about the Gonzaga game?

But you aren't b!tching about them when we're winning away games or against duke or whoever..but we get a L, and it's a cry storm..honestly, I don't get you guys. Stop watching the program if you feel this way

Not sure I understand your logic. Wouldn't most fan bases bitch more after getting blown off the floor by a mediocre opponent than they would after upsetting a Top 5 team nationally, no matter how freakish the circumstances might have been in that upset?

Weird...we’re still on the 8 line...not close to the bubble