This is on Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is on Boeheim

If the 2nd half is credit to JB, it’s also on him for not pushing tempo the whole half and letting the Hoyas off the hook. Pushing tempo here and there won’t work with these guys... they cannot play half court. The sooner JB realizes that and changes his approach to match that the more likely we stay off the bubble.
If the 2nd half is credit to JB, it’s also on him for not pushing tempo the whole half and letting the Hoyas off the hook. Pushing tempo here and there won’t work with these guys... they cannot play half court. The sooner JB realizes that and changes his approach to match that the more likely we stay off the bubble.
to push the tempo it sure would help if we got defensive rebounds.

That's an interesting take. I won't debate the first part, but the second is a bit comical really. Yea for us, we pulled out a last second W at home against a marginal G'town team in which we were double digit favorites. Yeah, no doubt I'm certainly thinking nothing less than a deep run in March after that. ;)
I mean...I don’t disagree but should we bump the posts the last 2-3 years that said our offense would get better when so and so would be here?

Well, look at this way, when was our last 50 point half? And against a legit team, not a cupcake?

I saw the first half and was dismayed like most were. I also saw the second half. Both halves had poor shot selection, but in the second half a good number of the 3 pointers went in. I think the part that is on the coaching is that it looks like our offensive strategy makes us take harder than necessary shots and makes us too easy to defend. That said, in the second half we tried to get inside the arc much more although still took a few "give up" threes, which predictably didn't go in and in some cases led to points for Gtown. There is more natural scoring capability on this team than there has been in a few seasons. Carey and Hughes make a big difference. Battle can dominate games for 6 to 8 minute stretches. The defense was lazy in the first and more energetic in the 2nd.

I still have the same opinion as pregame. We are a work in progress with a pretty high ceiling.

Signed just win they played great last 2 and Ewing can’t close and has no wins vs us sucks for them. Mad happy I was able to see Tyus game winner had to go down the runway after that and lost WiFi.

Must be nice to be Georgetown and get participation trophy’s for losing since you suck that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom