This is such an epic game ... | Syracusefan.com

This is such an epic game ...

ORANGEsPHK

2nd String
I don't post here much but I have to because I have such mixed feelings about this last match up between SU & GU. Way back when I was an undergraduate at Syracuse I had a good friend who attended GU and it was always a source of fierce (but friendly) competition between us. This just built up the hype back when these games were so incredibly intense.

The mixed feelings are a loss of the rivalry, which I really don't think matches what occurred back in the 80's (and possibly early 90's), but the nostalgia associated with this rivalry brings some sadness to my heart that it will be over ... that a win over GU, which would be celebrated with many drinks and festivities ... over.

I can't wait for this game. I'm sick waiting for it. This is a BIG DEAL. We NEED TO WIN THIS GAME!

F. JT (Yes, the original Thompson, F the II and III, I couldn't stand JT and his teams ... and who the hell was II?). I want this game more than any other this season (except then NC ;)). So, for old times sake, let's put these "ROCK" lovers to sleep. Time to end the BE era on a good note.

Peace, especially to my long time GU graduate friend, who will forever be at the mercy of my constant reminder that we, the OrangeMEN, left the BE as winners over the rock some call hoyas ... or whatever they want to be called.

Peace, especially to my long time GU graduate friend, who will forever be at the mercy of my constant reminder that we, the OrangeMEN, left the BE as winners over the rock some call hoyas ... or whatever they want to be called.

Epic game for sure. For those of us who are from out of town, tomorrow is a back to back double header. The SU women vs USF at 2 pm on ESPN3 and then the big game on CBS at 4. Great stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom