This loss does sting but | Syracusefan.com

This loss does sting but

Marsh01

Living Legend
When you dont make shots i dont care who you play you probably wont beat many teams. Bc made shots. Bc made fts including a 56% shooter making 4 straight fts at the end. We missed everything. I still cant believe raks diddnt fall at the end of regulation.

It seems people are giving up on this team. Dont give up. We just need to make shots. The shots will start falling again. This board had the same conversation after we lost at georgtown and we found our way.

I cant wait to see how we respond at cameron saturday.

Marsh01 are you going to still keep your throwback? Knowing how superstitious you said you were in the other thread, I think it's a legit question!

HakAttack said:
Marsh01 are you going to still keep your throwback? Knowing how superstitious you said you were in the other thread, I think it's a legit question!

Sure why not. Maybe a different undershirt?

I agree with Marsh. When you shoot less than 35%, have 2-3pts. while the other team has 11, you are probably going to lose and we did. We just didn't make shots, pure and simple.
This team will come back, but don't expect them to ever turn into an offensive juggernaut. Defense is our calling card with enough scoring to win------usually.

There is one bright side, at least I can finally wash my hoodie now!

The problem is not making shots is starting to become a habit. This is not the same team we saw in Maui or against Indiana or nova or unc.

When you dont make shots i dont care who you play you probably wont beat many teams. Bc made shots. Bc made fts including a 56% shooter making 4 straight fts at the end. We missed everything. I still cant believe raks diddnt fall at the end of regulation.

It seems people are giving up on this team. Dont give up. We just need to make shots. The shots will start falling again. This board had the same conversation after we lost at georgtown and we found our way.

Marsh, except for your throw back uni, you are right.
I think we should postpone the meltdown until we see how we play on Sat.
A win, no matter how slim makes this go away.
A loss will put many on the board in a tail spin.
we need to shoot our way out of the slump/
LGO

In all seriousness let people pile on. Im sure other fan boards are yucking it up right now. em. We win 4 of our last 5 we win the acc (assuming we beat virginia). I will take that. Im not sugarcoating this loss. It really sucked. Lets at least see how we play at cameron before we throw dirt on this team.

Some of the posts i have read are really pathetic. I can only imagine the cess pool that is the chatroom was even worse. I think we all realized that a loss was coming although not tonight. If we can win saturday all is well. Lets see how it plays out

This is what it is. What we need to do now, (and all we should do) is stop talking rankings, seedings, where we are playing in the tourney, etc. and just start playing better and improving over the next couple weeks.

In all seriousness let people pile on. Im sure other fan boards are yucking it up right now. em. We win 4 of our last 5 we win the acc (assuming we beat virginia). I will take that. Im not sugarcoating this loss. It really sucked. Lets at least see how we play at cameron before we throw dirt on this team.

Some of the posts i have read are really pathetic. I can only imagine the cess pool that is the chatroom was even worse. I think we all realized that a loss was coming although not tonight. If we can win saturday all is well. Lets see how it plays out

This. Show some perspective, people!

I don't think it's in SU's psyche to be the favorite. All through SU history. Our teams are much better in the underdog role. We are not good as the big dog favorite with the bullseye on our forehead. Never have been. Now the team can get back to a comfort level. And in the coming days when the media trashes us (and they absolutely will) that this team was over-rated and lucky and not that good...the guys can use that for motivation to get that chip back on the shoulder instead of playing tight.

I am not a positive kinda person, but I know we played well and beat duke already.
So, we CAN beat them, I just really hope that team goes to cameron and beats them again

In my illustrious sporting career, I have played on great teams and have played on bad teams. On both i have lost to inferior squads and beaten far superior squads. THIS WILL NOT DEFINE US.

WE ARE WARRIORS.

Wasn't over when the germans bombed pearl harbor.

everyone relax.

Amen, brother!

No need to throw dirt at all, even with a loss at Duke. I think JB will now focus on making the offense better. This will be the challenge for the remainder of the season, IMO. And, the ONLY thing that really matters is how well this team performs in the NCAA.

Have to think we were looking ahead a little tonight too. Surprised we were but that had to factor in a little. Then the shots dont fall. Then we start pressing amd we lost

Great post, Marsh. Let people blow off steam. A loss was inevitable.

But not achieving perfection doesn't end the season. We could even lose to Duke but still win the conference if we beat UVa. Now that the loss is behind us, we get to find out what our kids are made of, and hopefully they'll rise to the occasion.

Yes. It was getting really hard to make sure I had on the right shirt, shoes, pants, earrings, bracelet. The green eyeliner. And the Syracuse bracelet. And to make sure I wore my Syracuse sunglasses all day. I think that's all. Now I can relax from here on out.

Great post marsh. Shooting is the key. Lets be honest that back in 03 it was about us shooting it well to win it all. There are some correctable issues on defense and offensive execution as well.

There is also a silver lining here. This year has been a cardiac arrest of a year but fun none the less. With what we have seen from grant and ennis its clear where they need to get better. The chance they come back goes up as they regress to the mean a bit. This sets up the possibility of an incredible rotation next year all the while not taking anything away from the possibilities this year. A lot of the top ten have looked shakey this past week. Everyone is looking at march now.

This was a god awful loss but we will be ok. Most of us were fairly set in our opinion of losing quite a few games this year but being a dangerous team. We are still a dangerous team. Now we just have to re establish ourselves as a top tier squad. Back to proving the haters wrong. Bring it on.

Kansas lost to tcu last year which probably rivaled this loss as far as a bad loss goes. Kansas still was a #1 seed and righted the ship. Things will improve

Yes. It was getting really hard to make sure I had on the right shirt, shoes, pants, earrings, bracelet. The green eyeliner. And the Syracuse bracelet. And to make sure I wore my Syracuse sunglasses all day. I think that's all. Now I can relax from here on out.

I wore the same pants and shirt combination tonight that I wore for the Duke game and we've been winning each game in a miraculous manner until tonight - now I'm thinking maybe this clothing combination is why all the games were last second nail biters instead of blowout wins.
Maybe time for a different outfit for Duke on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom