This loss has nothing to do with talent | Syracusefan.com

This loss has nothing to do with talent

Terrible game by the coaches, but the talent is bottom off the ACC bad

I am at the bleeping game do you realize how windy it is. We can't throw the ball because of the weather and we have 3 Starting OL men out. Our offense can't throw in this weather.

Quit making "excuses"

Alsacs, I agree with you. But still very disappointing.

How many runs up the middle? George deleone would be proud

In his last two years DeLeone allowed Reyes to have one of the greatest seasons an SU RB has ever had and allowed Rhodes and Reyes to have 1000 seasons. He also allowed Ferri to have a 100 yard game after jumping back to offense at the end of 2004.

Both Reyes and Rhodes had multiple long TD runs in those years.

In his last two years DeLeone allowed Reyes to have one of the greatest seasons an SU RB has ever had and allowed Rhodes and Reyes to have 1000 seasons. He also allowed Ferri to have a 100 yard game after jumping back to offense at the end of 2004.

Both Reyes and Rhodes had multiple long TD runs in those years.

Reyes might have been one of the all time greats in our program. His career was really sullied by getting injured his senior year, and not making more hay on the record books. And of course, a separated shoulder late in his career also derailed his shot at the NFL.

Too bad. Kid was really, really a fine player.

Reyes might have been one of the all time greats in our program. His career was really sullied by getting injured his senior year, and not making more hay on the record books. And of course, a separated shoulder late in his career also derailed his shot at the NFL.

Too bad. Kid was really, really a fine player.

True.

He was fun to watch.

ND game remains one of my favorites.

Their lines killed our lines. There's your ball game. I'm convinced some of you have no idea what you're watching.

A lot of truth there. But I don't see any help on the horizon.

Can we ever get an offensive coordinator that adapts their play calling for the talent on the team?
I'm going to keep banging this drum until people get it...

If the talent is bad relative to your opponents... and you adapt your play calling to bad talent... you're going to get bad results.

True.

He was fun to watch.

ND game remains one of my favorites.
Was at that game in the Dome - also one of the fondest memories. Too bad the last two MetLife ND games have overshadowed it somewhat. The Pinstripes helped, but overall the last 15 years have been a nightmare.

Still have hope Dino can turn it around, but today didn't help. The continued conservative run-based approach after conditions improved was baffling - with or without the wind, which didn't seem to hurt Wake too much.

The oline was horrendous today. That had a lot to do with lack of talent

Well, the 3 injured OL starters coming back healthy would help some.

Not sure the 3 OL make much of difference. We had trouble running when they were healthy.

Not sure the 3 OL make much of difference. We had trouble running when they were healthy.

Yup, but pass protection seemed better. Dungey was running for his life often tonight.

Yup, but pass protection seemed better. Dungey was running for his life often tonight.

Exactly pass protection was atrocious tonight. I really think that is why Lewis was so conservative. He didn't want to get Dungey killed. Big picture.

Exactly pass protection was atrocious tonight. I really think that is why Lewis was so conservative. He didn't want to get Dungey killed. Big picture.
That being the case, it sounds cold, but I don't mind Mahoney being a sacrificial lamb out there.

That being the case, it sounds cold, but I don't mind Mahoney being a sacrificial lamb out there.

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom