This Nigeria game | Syracusefan.com

This Nigeria game

561087_10150928391986152_899623013_n.jpg

Utter annihilation. That was worse than an old fashioned drubbing. Win by 82?! 29 3-pointers made out of 46? Are you shitting me?!! Melo put on an offensive exhibition, but I'm sure some people still think he sucks.

I wonder what Coach K said in that last huddle? That may have been the first time in his career that he was as amazed as the fans. He kind of smiled and had that OMG look on his face. Priceless.

Bring on Argentina!!

Utter annihilation. That was worse than an old fashioned drubbing. Win by 82?! 29 3-pointers made out of 46? Are you shitting me?!! Melo put on an offensive exhibition, but I'm sure some people still think he sucks.

I wonder what Coach K said in that last huddle? That may have been the first time in his career that he was as amazed as the fans. He kind of smiled and had that OMG look on his face. Priceless.

Bring on Argentina!!

I think you understand enough about basketball not to take much away from a game against Nigeria. Any of these guys could have went for 50...

I think you understand enough about basketball not to take much away from a game against Nigeria. Any of these guys could have went for 50...
And that says a lot about the US doesn't it

Let the players shoot around against air for 40 minutes, they might not reach 156 pts

And that says a lot about the US doesn't it

Honestly, if they roll through the rest of the tourney like this...i would expect this to be the last "dream team"

Impressive stuff, 4 pts per minute played for an entire game is rediculous.

Chucking up 46 3's seems excessive but it's probably better then just dunking everytime down the court

Impressive stuff, 4 pts per minute played for an entire game is rediculous.

Chucking up 46 3's seems excessive but it's probably better then just dunking everytime down the court

Which they could probably have done fairly easily.

Right after the game, someone on Twitter said they had the US at over 1.7 points per possession. That's just insanity.

What is this supposed to mean? Of course I know it was Nigeria, but that doesn't change the fact that Team USA kicked ass and Carmelo played a game for the ages. Why are you Debbie downer?

Damn, he only played 14 mins. Maybe this was more impressive than I originally let on... it was Nigeria..but 37 in 14 mins will be remembered. Melo has something Kobe and Lebron never will.

Who let Nigeria in the tournament?

Who let Nigeria in the tournament?
Gotta give em a break.
This is only their 2nd ever Olympic appearrance, and most of their players were born in the US!
Their coach even mentioned that they'd just come together a few weeks ago.
In any case, they were good sports about the beatdown and didn't take it personally.

Russell Westbrook ally opp from Love...

iPhGzUb4AXrXR.gif

That was incredible (even though Westbrook almost booted it). The other camera angle is equally impressive - Westbrook covered 30 or 35 feet of court in the time that his lob to Love was in the air. And he elevated like Blake Griffin.

I'm thinking those two have tried this in Pauley more than a couple times.

Gotta give em a break.
This is only their 2nd ever Olympic appearrance, and most of their players were born in the US!
Their coach even mentioned that they'd just come together a few weeks ago.
In any case, they were good sports about the beatdown and didn't take it personally.

I guess what I am saying is not every nation that wants in, gets in. There are typically qualifying tournaments, so why aren't they set up such that a team as weak as Nigeria gets bounced in the qualifying rounds.

Honestly, if they roll through the rest of the tourney like this...i would expect this to be the last "dream team"

I would hope not, it's not like Spain, France, Brazil, Russia and other teams aren't using their best NBA players.

I would hope not, it's not like Spain, France, Brazil, Russia and other teams aren't using their best NBA players.

agreed.

If we do that, I demand China pull their best ping pong players.

I guess what I am saying is not every nation that wants in, gets in. There are typically qualifying tournaments, so why aren't they set up such that a team as weak as Nigeria gets bounced in the qualifying rounds.
I think Collins and the other dude doing the game said that they beat Puerto Rico and then upset some European country to qualify - I know they (Nigeria) were the last team to qualify for the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom