This one feels different | Syracusefan.com

This one feels different

jec1521

2nd String
This wasn't our typical What loss, it was more of a SMH loss. We all saw it coming for the last 2 months.

We didn't have an abnormal shooting night. We've shot like that for 6 weeks now. Dayton didn't have a crazy performance. They didn't have a guy go off on us. We just sucked, just as we have for 6 weeks. I don't even think I could name someone on Dayton that I didn't already know before the game. They did nothing of significance. They were just simply lucky enough to be playing us.

Last night, I compared this team and loss to a death to a close relative. It is easier to deal with someone that has been sick and dying for a year than it is someone that tragically gets hit by a bus. This team was sick and dying and we were all ready for this and saw it coming. I am just glad that the pain is over.

If Ennis hits that shot and we play Kansas on Thursday, we probably would have gotten blown out. All those shots we made in the paint wouldn't have happened against KU, with or without Embiid. It would have been tough to watch.

jdubs30 said:
If Ennis hits that shot and we play Kansas on Thursday, we probably would have gotten blown out. All those shots we made in the paint wouldn't have happened against KU, with or without Embiid. It would have been tough to watch.

Disagree. I think it would have been a close game. We would have dictated tempo and Kansas isn't unbeatable.

Disagree. I think it would have been a close game. We would have dictated tempo and Kansas isn't unbeatable.
They aren't unbeatable. But we haven't beat a good team since the first week of February and Kansas defends the paint and rebounds well. To stay close in that game we would have to make a lot of perimeter shots.

jdubs30 said:
They aren't unbeatable. But we haven't beat a good team since the first week of February and Kansas defends the paint and rebounds well. To stay close in that game we would have to make a lot of perimeter shots.

We just played our weekly clunker game. If we won last night, we probably would have stepped up against Kansas. Missed opportunity in a year without a dominant team.

This wasn't our typical What loss, it was more of a SMH loss. We all saw it coming for the last 2 months.

We didn't have an abnormal shooting night. We've shot like that for 6 weeks now. Dayton didn't have a crazy performance. They didn't have a guy go off on us. We just sucked, just as we have for 6 weeks. I don't even think I could name someone on Dayton that I didn't already know before the game. They did nothing of significance. They were just simply lucky enough to be playing us.

Last night, I compared this team and loss to a death to a close relative. It is easier to deal with someone that has been sick and dying for a year than it is someone that tragically gets hit by a bus. This team was sick and dying and we were all ready for this and saw it coming. I am just glad that the pain is over.

Pretty much agree, just not 100%. It has been since 1995 that we did not make any 3's in a game...so going 0-10 is far from anything completely normal... :noidea::(

We just played our weekly clunker game. If we won last night, we probably would have stepped up against Kansas. Missed opportunity in a year without a dominant team.
That's what I was thinking during the game; if we advanced this would have been our "rock fight" type game, and that hopefully it would turn around on THursday.

Oh well, didn't happen. You're right though, this team had the uncanny ability to play to the level to the opponent. Beat Duke, Nova, Baylor, Cal, UNC, Minnesota, Pitt; lost to Dayton, BC, GaTech.

You really just never know and it's only pure conjecture. As JB eluded to his is presser prior to the Dayton game, we were down 18 in our second round game to OSU back in '03 when we won it all. Survive and advance...and anything can happen...

Pretty much agree, just not 100%. It has been since 1995 that we did not make any 3's in a game...so going 0-10 is far from anything completely normal... :noidea::(

I hear you, but was it surprising to you? Not to me.

I hear you, but was it surprising to you? Not to me.

Yes, not making one three over a course of an entire game is surprising to me, especially when we had several very good open looks...that may not happen for another 19 years...

We have consistantly gone good to bad, game to game...as you said, we just needed to survive the bad one. Don't think we would have beaten Fla though. But that would have been easier to take.

Agreed. This team has played to the level of competition all year, and played down to the wire all year. My guess is a KU game would have been close. This isn't a surprising loss realistically, but it still should not have happened.

Well said. We all saw it coming; just hoped it wouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom