This one's on the staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

This one's on the staff

That is the best there is. Unfortunately, we have many who like to lay in the long grass and shoot arrows at whoever they might hit.
It would help in order to have a healthy discussion to make a valid point. To start off with he doesn't have a friend that thinks JB is a good coach says about all you need to hear. That is just silly. If not impossible. I ask again, start naming the coaches anyone would rather here. If the list is short, that tells you all you need to know.

It would help in order to have a healthy discussion to make a valid point. To start off with he doesn't have a friend that thinks JB is a good coach says about all you need to hear. That is just silly. If not impossible. I ask again, start naming the coaches anyone would rather here. If the list is short, that tells you all you need to know.

You're a better poster than this.

Keep clobbering that straw man, but you're arguing against yourself.

In order to comment on JB's coaching decisions, we have to name a list of coaches we'd rather have here instead of JB?

Where's the logic in this?

How is saying "I don't like his coaching" = "JB isn't a very good coach"?

That's ridiculous.

I wouldn't like Eli Manning as the QB of my team because I don't love multiple things about his play, but I wouldn't say he isn't a good QB.
Is this a serious question? Really? What other way could you infer a person saying I don't like his coaching? I think the guy is a great coach but I don't like his coaching? I think the guy is a very good coach but I don't like his coaching? I think he is a good coach but I don't like good coaching? Talk about ridiculous.

You're a better poster than this.

Keep clobbering that straw man, but you're arguing against yourself.
lol you think it's possible to not know anyone that thinks jb is a good coach?

It really has seemed to be noticeable the past five years like you say and getting worse seemingly. These are mostly very good recruits. So, were ALL the recruitniks and evaluators wrong on these players? It almost seems like players unlearn offensive basketball when coming here. Ennis was a first round pick but that team SUCKED offensively after the 25-0 hoax when games started to matter and teams started to really prepare for us. Poor Cooney running around aimlessly with very little designed help. If not for Rak and the simple play of dumping the ball to him to bail us out that team may have been the worst offensive team in D1! I mean what the hell happened to Gillon? It's like he doesn't know how to play anymore. He can't even move forward. Same with Howard somewhat. Battle can't even move. Roberson had some game in H.S. against good competition but he is now a robotic herky-jerky dude with no basketball instincts/IQ. Yes, Gillon played at CSU but we aren't beating ANY Mountain West teams right now the way the offense and defense are being played/designed/schemed whatever, imo. Frustrating.

Nothing to do with Gillon, but I'm extremely curious on how Kaleb will fare when he is playing next year. He went to a LEGIT squad, if he succeeds there I'm sure he'll get the "he had an extra year", "he finally learned how to play", and other negative comments about his time here. What if he shows up next year and plays great ball for a team that thrives on offense, will that wake some people up? The kid was the 50th ranked overall in his class, 9th ranked point guard. He comes out next season like gangbusters then it really may be telling that it was our offense that holds some of these guys back, not entirely the players themselves.

That's ridiculous.

I wouldn't like Eli Manning as the QB of my team because I don't love multiple things about his play, but I wouldn't say he isn't a good QB.
Okay, please list all of the coaches you would rather have. it must be an easy list to put together. And since one doesn't like his coaching, it must be a long list.

Is this a serious question? Really? What other way could you infer a person saying I don't like his coaching? I think the guy is a great coach but I don't like his coaching? I think the guy is a very good coach but I don't like his coaching? I think he is a good coach but I don't like good coaching? Talk about ridiculous.

I LITERALLY just gave you a specific example.

I think Eli Manning is a good QB, but don't love certain things about his game.

I think Jim Boeheim is a great coach, but I don't like certain aspects of his coaching.

Nothing to do with Gillon, but I'm extremely curious on how Kaleb will fare when he is playing next year. He went to a LEGIT squad, if he succeeds there I'm sure he'll get the "he had an extra year", "he finally learned how to play", and other negative comments about his time here. What if he shows up next year and plays great ball for a team that thrives on offense, will that wake some people up? The kid was the 50th ranked overall in his class, 9th ranked point guard. He comes out next season like gangbusters then it really may be telling that it was our offense that holds some of these guys back, not entirely the players themselves.
first, you assume that he is going to come out gangbusters, than you want to knock JB for it. How about silent G.? Couldn't play at Duke at all and now made a NBA roster. Is that a knock on K Or was it a better fit for us and he got a chance to get older? Which one?

I LITERALLY just gave you a specific example.

I think Eli Manning is a good QB, but don't love certain things about his game.

I think Jim Boeheim is a great coach, but I don't like certain aspects of his coaching.
That is 100% fair. That isn't what zonk said. I don't know why you injected yourself.

Okay, please list all of the coaches you would rather have. it must be an easy list to put together. And since one doesn't like his coaching, it must be a long list.

HOLY F.

You are coming off like a loon here.

I LOVE JB. Why would I make a list of coaches that I'd rather "HAVE". Whatever that means?

HOLY F.

You are coming off like a loon here.

I LOVE JB. Why would I make a list of coaches that I'd rather "HAVE". Whatever that means?
Why are you responding? I was talking to two other people and you show up and start in on the conversation.

Yeah, because it is a fair observation that jb isn't a very good coach. And that is exactly what Zonk and his friends are saying. They don't like his coaching. Hard to have a 'FAIR" conversation with something so moronic.

Jesus. Go get some air.

That's ridiculous.

the Eli argument usually goes the way the JB 1 is going.

I don't want Eli, ill just take brady, brees, rodgers & peyton...and be fine with it.

I don't want JB, ill just take K or Roy or insert whomever HOFer I want...and be fine with it.

Curious as well.

In order to comment on JB's coaching decisions, we have to name a list of coaches we'd rather have here instead of JB?

Where's the logic in this?
No. Read the thread. Zonk said he and his friends don't like JB's coaching. He said he doesn't know anyone that does. That is why I wanted HIM to name 5 coaches he would rather have.

Why are you responding? I was talking to two other people and you show up and start in on the conversation.

You literally quoted my post, sir.

No. Read the thread. Zonk said he and his friends don't like JB's coaching. He said he doesn't know anyone that does. That is why I wanted HIM to name 5 coaches he would rather have.

Again, you literally quoted my post, sir.

the Eli argument usually goes the way the JB 1 is going.

I don't want Eli, ill just take brady, brees, rodgers & peyton...and be fine with it.

I don't want JB, ill just take K or Roy or insert whomever...and be fine with it.
And that my friend is why I asked for 5 other coaches. I knew I would get the usual suspects.

You literally quoted my post, sir.
Later. I quoted one post. you injected yourself in a conversation that you yourself, didn't agree with the side I was talking to.

Again, you literally quoted my post, sir.
Once again, you responded to me for some reason about eli manning. I wasn't talking to you. You didn't say you didn't know anyone that thought jb was a good coach. You didn't say that you thought that jb wasn't a good coach. That was someone else. Why did you respond to me? I never said you couldn't dislike some aspects of jb's coaching. I dislike some aspects of his coaching. But i never said he wasn't a good coach. And neither did you. What you are wasting my time on this, I have no idea.

That's ridiculous.

Like they say, "No way you can prove my way is wronger than your way."

first, you assume that he is going to come out gangbusters, than you want to knock JB for it. How about silent G.? Couldn't play at Duke at all and now made a NBA roster. Is that a knock on K Or was it a better fit for us and he got a chance to get older? Which one?

I'm not assuming he will have a great year, I said "What if".

G was a freshman at Duke playing behind great players, but don't pretend he didn't have talent and JB and staff turned him from a 3 star to a NBA prospect. G was ranked in the high 20s coming out of high school, his success is not on the staff alone, he had talent in him. Here's a quote from Coach K about G after him playing well "Look, we recruited Mike because we thought he was good so that doesn't surprise me," Krzyzewski said.

Maybe G was a better fit for us, maybe he just needed a chance to be on the court, maybe he was just better than everybody else we had on the roster. I don't know and I never pretended to know. What I do know is that our offense consistently ranks consistently poor no matter who's been on the court the past few years when even by the eye test we know our offense has stunk.

I love JB, I don't want any other coach but JB, but I do think there are some issues that have been happening and are starting to happen. The offense has been an ongoing issue, recruiting has been a slight issue up to this year where it's now a glaring issue, and while the staff did an amazing job putting a team together this year, they still have a lot of work to do getting them to play together and get this defense and offense up to par. I'm not saying the issues can't be fixed but there is a lot of work to do and by the end of this year we'll be able to grade the job they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom