This Paul George...wow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Paul George...wow

I'm talking about in general, not tonight's game. Although I did like the TO at the end not because I want him to fail, but the media more than anything.

"Overhyped" means he dosn't back it up. LBJ was put on the cover of SI when he was in H.S. by the media. He more than backs it up, obviously.

regardless this indy team is the best the heat have played in their reign.. as good or better than the mavs two yrs ago.. granger being out makes them better imho.. he is a good player but is not a good fit for what vogel is trying to do

I don't know about that. They could be that good, but they are so frustrating to watch on offense at times.

im saying that paul george is going to move past durant next season as the true #2.. if not already.. he is better defensively than kd- and stronger..

"Overhyped" means he dosn't back it up. LBJ was put on the cover of SI when he was in H.S. by the media. He more than backs it up, obviously.
Actually they hyped him up to the point he would never reach those expectations, starting when he was in high school. Shall I pull up the quotes?

im saying that paul george is going to move past durant next season as the true #2.. if not already.. he is better defensively than kd- and stronger..

Totally agree. This guy does a LOT on the floor.

Actually they hyped him up to the point he would never reach those expectations, starting when he was in high school. Shall I pull up the quotes?

So what? The guy is the best player in the world. What do you want, lol?

what was the expectation specifically?

No athlete in any sport in history has had more pressure and eyes fixated on him, waiting for a screwup, than James did last year.

And I wish I could have lebrons athleticism (height and ups) for one hour in the gym. The dude barely even jumps and is staring at the iron.

First off here's Lebrons expectations. I think egged on by the media.

Dude was having some fun with the home crowd. I agree the media blew it out of proportion (shocker, I know).

Lebrons a product of the media, it's unfortunate because he is really good, he just never will fulfill anybody's (including his) expectations. The expectations out of high school were even crazier than the the one with him predicting 8 titles.

You guys do realize George shot 42% from the field this year?

George may be on the verge of becoming a superstar, but he's not quite as good as the credit he's getting here yet. Unguardable? Better than Melo has ever been?

He averaged 17 ppg on 42% shooting, and as great as he looks at times, he still has a lot of rough games. He looks primed to make the jump and he may be starting to do it right now, but I say let it happen.

I mean, just last night he passed the ball to a player on his team's bench and then gave up a driving layup off an inbounds pass in 2 seconds.

You guys do realize George shot 42% from the field this year?

George may be on the verge of becoming a superstar, but he's not quite as good as the credit he's getting here yet. Unguardable? Better than Melo has ever been?

He averaged 17 ppg on 42% shooting, and as great as he looks at times, he still has a lot of rough games. He looks primed to make the jump and he may be starting to do it right now, but I say let it happen.

I mean, just last night he passed the ball to a player on his team's bench and then gave up a driving layup off an inbounds pass in 2 seconds.

This is true. He is still very young but he does more things on the floor as a forward than all but maybe one or two other forwards in the league, imo.

Don't forget- Indiana doesn't have their all star Danny Granger. That's actually scary. They will be good for awhile.

This is true. He is still very young but he does more things on the floor as a forward than all but maybe one or two other forwards in the league, imo.

I agree, he can do it all. He has all the tools, and as he gains experience and improves he could be one of the best in the game.

He's not unguardable, and he's not better than Carmelo has ever been. He's not better than Carmelo now.

He's shooting 41% and averaging 4 turnovers per game in the playoffs.

He's not there yet, but he's very good and fun to watch, and it's exciting to think about what he could become.

Lebrons a product of the media, it's unfortunate because he is really good, he just never will fulfill anybody's (including his) expectations. The expectations out of high school were even crazier than the the one with him predicting 8 titles.

8 titles is out of the ordinary, unarguably. And if he were to achieve that, any questions about his legacy would be moot. But, at the same time, the biggest impediment may simply be the number of years he decides to play in Miami.

I agree, he can do it all. He has all the tools, and as he gains experience and improves he could be one of the best in the game.

He's not unguardable, and he's not better than Carmelo has ever been. He's not better than Carmelo now.

He's not there yet, but he's very good and fun to watch, and it's exciting to think about what he could become.

He is better than Carmelo. Age certainly is a factor, but I'd be surprised if there's a GM who wouldn't make a straight up trade, even if salary caps were not involved.

He is better than Carmelo. Age certainly is a factor, but I'd be surprised if there's a GM who wouldn't make a straight up trade, even if salary caps were not involved.
Have you been sipping the whiskey again?

he is better than melo- he is longer, taller, a better defender ... melo is a better scorer but melo is arguably the best scorer in the league alongside kd and curry.. scoring does not account for everything..

Have you been sipping the whiskey again?

i am a huge melo supporter and rank him higher than most.. but paul george is the next closest thing to lebron in the league.. he has elite athleticism and is becoming a better offensive player every game it seems.

he is better than melo- he is longer, taller, a better defender ... melo is a better scorer but melo is arguably the best scorer in the league alongside kd and curry.. scoring does not account for everything..
He's better because he's longer, taller, and a better defender?

He's better because he's longer, taller, and a better defender?

george does a better job using his teammates as well as letting the game come to him. He is an elite defender and a very good finisher. His shooting has improved immensely. All around he is just a better player. The sum of the parts of every facet of his game is greater than the things melo does best. Melo is an elite player imho who would be unbelievable if he was a 6'9 guy instead of 6'6 who committed himself to d and being less of an iso player. He is damn good yet i am putting george as #2 behind lebron- im not dissing melo one bit just saying what i see- just my opinion.

Melo was 2nd team all NBA and 3rd in MVP votes.

George was 3rd team all NBA and received zero MVP votes.

George gets more assists and is a better defender. Melo is the better overall player.

I really don't care who is "longer" or who jumps higher, when talking about who is the better player right now.

Most GMs would rather have George...because he's making like 2 million and is 22. They take other things into account than just who is the better player right now.

george does a better job using his teammates as well as letting the game come to him. He is an elite defender and a very good finisher. His shooting has improved immensely. All around he is just a better player. The sum of the parts of every facet of his game is greater than the things melo does best. Melo is an elite player imho who would be unbelievable if he was a 6'9 guy instead of 6'6 who committed himself to d and being less of an iso player. He is damn good yet i am putting george as #2 behind lebron- im not dissing melo one bit just saying what i see- just my opinion.
Since when was Carmelo 6'6" ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom