This picture | Syracusefan.com

This picture

SWC75

Bored Historian
syracuse-beats-duke.jpg

will go good with this one:

articleLarge.jpg

Here is the SI article on the game:
http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...raight-losses-boeheim-roberson?xid=nl_siextra

One thing they miss is that it's been said that the NCAA committee will treat Boeheim's suspension as the equivalent of a star player being injured and judge SU based on the the games Boeheim was there to coach his team. So i guess we're really a 9-2 team, not a 13-7 team.

The NCAA is good at ignoring the actual results of games.

It is rather eerie how similar our two teams are, but with us trending up and Duke trending down - which is even eerier! Two weeks ago I had entirely written us off. Thought we couldn't come back from being such a struggling team. Some say that sad pessimism would mark me as a bad fan, but I am not a bad fan. I just couldn't see how they were going to get good again. I totally underestimated how bad it would be without Boeheim (wrote that in another post). And then UNC happened.

This season has been like the Incredible Hulk roller coaster at Universal where it feels like you are shot out of a "cannon" and then whipped around curves so fast you can't see what's next. Wow!

It is rather eerie how similar our two teams are, but with us trending up and Duke trending down - which is even eerier! Two weeks ago I had entirely written us off. Thought we couldn't come back from being such a struggling team. Some say that sad pessimism would mark me as a bad fan, but I am not a bad fan. I just couldn't see how they were going to get good again. I totally underestimated how bad it would be without Boeheim (wrote that in another post). And then UNC happened.

This season has been like the Incredible Hulk roller coaster at Universal where it feels like you are shot out of a "cannon" and then whipped around curves so fast you can't see what's next. Wow!
You are the antithesis of a "bad" fan. Your total love and commitment to the program oozes from every post I've ever seen here. The over reacting and the disillusion that some who frequent here have been susceptible to is a result of how passionate we/they/I/you feel about the team and the program.

But you... of all people ...could never be cobbled together with the "bad fan" clan.!!!

The Blue Devil has that eerie sense of "Christ, he's going to make that, isn't he? God damn it. Of course. Of course."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom