This post graduate transfer rule is complete BS | Syracusefan.com

This post graduate transfer rule is complete BS

2-3zone

2nd String
It's basically the NCAA version of free agency and there are schools that depend on it to keep there programs going like Iowa St. who every year get 2-3 of these guys.

Take Ohio St. for example next year they need a PF so they go out and get Anthony Lee who went for 14 and 9 this year at Temple and could be a NBA 2nd round pick.

Instead of going out there and getting these kids out of high school and developing them over a 3-4 years it's so much easier to go out and get them when they are a finished product.

If there was ever a year for SU to go out and get one of these guys this would be the year, I don' know who but if there was a legit PG out there I would seriously offer him with the fact that Kaleb Joseph is not a true PG and will be asked to carry the team on his back like Ennis this season.

We already have a post-graduate high school transfer rule where players graduate from high school and play one year at a college and then leave.

It's basically the NCAA version of free agency and there are schools that depend on it to keep there programs going like Iowa St. who every year get 2-3 of these guys.

Take Ohio St. for example next year they need a PF so they go out and get Anthony Lee who went for 14 and 9 this year at Temple and could be a NBA 2nd round pick.

Instead of going out there and getting these kids out of high school and developing them over a 3-4 years it's so much easier to go out and get them when they are a finished product.

If there was ever a year for SU to go out and get one of these guys this would be the year, I don' know who but if there was a legit PG out there I would seriously offer him with the fact that Kaleb Joseph is not a true PG and will be asked to carry the team on his back like Ennis this season.
Why do you care? It makes no difference in you life. None.

I have no problem with it. It means the kid actually GRADUATED. Isn't that the whole idea of a "student athlete"? I think it's a great rule to reward a kid with that 5th year and let him go somewhere else if he wants. I think he should be able to go to any school though including staying at his own.

Why do people keep saying Joseph is not a true point guard? Seems pretty true to me.

Power of the College(once the LOI is signed they hold the power)
- hold a recruit to their LOI after coach leaves
- dictate what schools you cannot transfer to
- if they transfer, they must sit out a year
- coaches can "push" players to transfers(not all)
- coaches can over sign in the class but not have an opening(Patterson situation)
- coaches can recruit over you reducing chances of play time
- coaches can make their millions but players can't take a meal from someone
- some coaches don't need a degree but the players are hurt by not keeping up their academics
- coaches can make money during the summer at camps, players have restrictions on the amount they can make

Power of the Student-Athlete

- players can choose the school they wish to play at originally
- if they graduate in 3 years then players can transfer to any school without sitting out
- they can choose their roommates(player though)
- benefits that other students don't have (use of facilities, miss classes, best housing, etc)
- they can choose their major (limited choice though)

Why can't a player that feels hasn't had the chance to get themselves the best opportunity to succeed be able to transfer? Especially after meeting the expectations of a student-athlete. The media attention that Temple gets is no where near that of tOSU. Case in mind DeAndre Kane and Mark Lyons. They got the exposure after transferring from Marshall to ISU and Xavier to Arizona. Both of these players had lost their original head coaches that recruited them. In the case of Lee, he signed with Dunphy.

The one piece of college eligibility rules that actually favor the player: OH MY GOD RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME BACK IN DICKETY FOUR YOU GOT THREE YEARS AFTER A YEAR ON THE FRESHMAN TEAM AND YOU LIKED IT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom