This program needs talent | Syracusefan.com

This program needs talent

Alsacs

Living Legend
Dino is bringing in talent.
The younger players on this roster are talented.

Next year's recruiting class has talent.

We need Dino to hold onto that class and develop the young talent on this roster.

Plain and simple talent has been a major problem at Syracuse for awhile. Dino is working on it.

It does. We'll see if Dino is actually bringing it in. I want to believe, I do. But a lot of the same people saying recruiting is better said the same thing about Marrone and Shafer.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Same post that's been flying across this board for 15 years now. Not disagreeing with you but sH!te gets old after 15 years. I really wish they would pull the plug on the program.. would be so much easier to take. So freaking brutal

It does. We'll see if Dino is actually bringing it in. I want to believe, I do. But a lot of the same people saying recruiting is better said the same thing about Marrone and Shafer.
We have the highest rated per recruit Quality in 10 years.
This recruiting class is quality.
For Syracuse it's really good. For the rest of P5 its middle of the road.
That is good.
We have 3 four star commits.

We have WRs and RBs.

This class is so important to hold.

Washi, rinse, repeat. Same post that's been flying across this board for 15 years now. Not disagreeing with you but sH!te gets old after 15 years. I really wish they would pull the plug on the program.. would be so much easier to take. So freaking brutal
We don't have talent it's true.

I mean when you go 2 consecutive NFL drafts and the only player drafted is a punter you have major problems.

We are a P5 school and haven't had a non punter drafted in 3 years.

We have the highest rated per recruit Quality in 10 years.
This recruiting class is quality.
For Syracuse it's really good. For the rest of P5 its middle of the road.
That is good.
We have 3 four star commits.

We have WRs and RBs.

This class is so important to hold.

I hope so. We'll see.

10 years ago was 2007, and there wasn't enough talent in 2008-2011.

I think people are numb to criticizing the coaching bc we want babers to do well but if this is a 2-3 win team, what is everyone's opinion of him coaching?

I think people are numb to criticizing the coaching bc we want babers to do well but if this is a 2-3 win team, what is everyone's opinion of him coaching?

I think DB will eventually turn Syracuse into a winner. The young guys are the most talented, and the kids he has committed are big, ACC level athletes. Dino's offense relies on down hill running. They just haven't had the personnel to get that part of the offense going quite yet. They start a RSFR Guard, RSFR Center, and RS Soph Guard, with below avg RB's. I want to see what he can do when he gets his offensive personnel on the field with some real experience. The defense looks night and day better.

I am not sold on Tampa 2 though. Still seams db are having a hard being in right spots. But we are slowly getting better talent.

I am not sold on Tampa 2 though. Still seams db are having a hard being in right spots. But we are slowly getting better talent.

You really think that is the problem?

Reactions: CIL
Dino is bringing in talent.
The younger players on this roster are talented.

Next year's recruiting class has talent.

We need Dino to hold onto that class and develop the young talent on this roster.

Plain and simple talent has been a major problem at Syracuse for awhile. Dino is working on it.

No point in talking about next year' class until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

DL - got depopulated for some bizarre reasons. > Need DL

LB - solid this year. Next year??

DB - still a major weakness. Need DBs who can actually cover.

OL - been rehashed to death. They are god awful. Hopefully with the two 4 stars, help is on the way.

WR- There is not a single WR on the roster that could hold Amba's jock. These guys can't catch and don't know where the yard marker is. > Need WRs.

RB - Absolutely love Elmore. But, need an RB who has true RB instincts. > Need RBs.

TE - what TE?

QB - I think we need to give Dungey a pass today as whatever plan they had got completely blown up by Shaefer in Q1. After that, Dungey's trying to avoid getting killed because of the OL's ineptitude. Devito looks promising.

The challenge will be improving recruiting with what appears to be another lousy season looming. This year's class would have been ACC bottom feeders had Babers not brought in JUCOs & transfers. Major challenge which will make or break Babers.

I don't know I thought the defense was great until they ran out of gas the last 3 possessions. I put just as much blame on the offense for that as the defense. Slayton was an animal the whole game. I thought Martin, Butler and Foster were excellent. Fredericks got beat once, but I will take him going forward. This one is on the offense.

I don't know I thought the defense was great until they ran out of gas the last 3 possessions. I put just as much blame on the offense for that as the defense. Slayton was an animal the whole game. I thought Martin, Butler and Foster were excellent. Fredericks got beat once, but I will take him going forward. This one is on the offense.
Yeah, the defense looks pretty good to me. They're going to give up points. That didn't happen until later when they were wearing down and momentum had turned though. That's as good as can be expected.

No point in talking about next year' class until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

DL - got depopulated for some bizarre reasons. > Need DL

LB - solid this year. Next year??

DB - still a major weakness. Need DBs who can actually cover.

OL - been rehashed to death. They are god awful. Hopefully with the two 4 stars, help is on the way.

WR- There is not a single WR on the roster that could hold Amba's jock. These guys can't catch and don't know where the yard marker is. > Need WRs.

RB - Absolutely love Elmore. But, need an RB who has true RB instincts. > Need RBs.

TE - what TE?

QB - I think we need to give Dungey a pass today as whatever plan they had got completely blown up by Shaefer in Q1. After that, Dungey's trying to avoid getting killed because of the OL's ineptitude. Devito looks promising.

The challenge will be improving recruiting with what appears to be another lousy season looming. This year's class would have been ACC bottom feeders had Babers not brought in JUCOs & transfers. Major challenge which will make or break Babers.
Exactly, what was #6 doing out there? This was supposed to be Dino's missing piece on offense, but I only notice him when he's missing blocks and not getting touches.

I agree. I don't think the better team lost today. I think MTSU has better football players than we do. Not a knock on our kids, I'm sure they are making the most out of their opportunities with they talent they have.

The question in my mind is how we went from a program that was consistently Top 25-35 to a program that loses to a superior MTSU at home. I'd be hard pressed to name a program that has fallen further since 2000 than we have. It didn't happen over night, and it wasn't these kids or Dino Babers that did it.

Last edited:

And special teams.

Here in the Albany area people love the orange basketball but when I bring up football they rolled her eyes. Plus watch the game today there was a lot of silver in the stands. I don't know if it was another broadcast game with the stadium that was played in so empty

AET while very good wasn't even drafted. How do we not have someone who can go deep?

Here in the Albany area people love the orange basketball but when I bring up football they rolled her eyes. Plus watch the game today there was a lot of silver in the stands. I don't know if it was another broadcast game with the stadium that was played in so empty

Quite as well. The crowd only got into it when a ref screwed up but there was no noise level on 1st or 2nd down to help the D whatsoever.

Our recruiting class right now would be 6th-7th in the ACC.

We need to hold it and hopefully supplement it.

Maybe it's the 16 years of craptitude but I basically can't believe we'll land the 6th ranked class in the ACC. I hope we do, but I just can't imagine it.

We have a guy that's the size of a Pop Warner FB player returning punts and KOs. I cringe every time I see him get tackled. He gets tackled by people that are twice the size. And is going like 1,000,000 miles an hour. What hes the best we have .

And other than the dropped punt he did well

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom