This recruiting class | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This recruiting class

I wonder why Womack never landed anywhere. You'd think UAB would be in need of some bodies to restart their program.
Maybe he's focusing on baseball?

Shafer's problems were largely recruiting based to me, the top guys would be fine but the depth was brutal. Look at where these guys he was about to sign ended up, the recruits below would have been 10-15% of our roster this season. Compare that to what Dino is doing and it's night and day. Lutz has been recognized as our lowest rated recruit and I think in a normal Shafer class, he'd be the one that we were all most excited about and obviously our current style of play is a part of that.

2016 Recruits:
Monquavion Brinson(Georgia Southern)
Noel Brouse(UConn)
Cam DeGeorge: (UConn)
Brandon Ginnetti(Rhode Island)
Will Harper(Tulane)
DE Jamal Holloway(unqualified, UNLV)
Sadiq Palmer(UMass)
Dymelle Parker(Towson)
Taylor Riggins(UMass)
Lindsey Scott(LSU, transferred to Juco)
Darius Stubbs(Georgia State)

2017, Isaih McDuffie committed to BC.

Transfers:
Trey Dunkelberger(Western Illinois)
Anthony Giudice(Fordham)
Kenterius Womack
Corey Winfield(WVU, 5th year)
Jordan Fredericks(UMass)
Tyler Cross(Butler JUCO)
Chauncey Scissum(UNLV)
Alryk Perry(Valdosta State)
Kendall Moore(Texas)
Austin Wilson(Coastal Carolina)
Jon Burton
I think the point is more often than not the players ended up at inferior programs[/QUOTE]

I think that is the biggest takeaway. The level we are recruiting at now is night and day. I was always pretty vocal about what I saw as below average recruiting by Shafer at the time, especially the totally overblown worth of Mc#*%it. I always felt that there wasn't a strategy, or if there was it would change on a whim. There was far too many big time reaches really early in the cycle where they end up getting dropped or as you can see bust out within a year. There is no reason to be taking a flier on a kid in May. It just reeked of someone being in over there head. It's unfortunate too because Scott was easy to root for. He was a great person, he just couldn't cut it as a head man at this level. Wwhat Dino has done in such a short period of time, coming off a 4 win season is nothing short of remarkable. If he could somehow manage a 6 or 7 win season I think the flood gates could open. Also, Nick Monroe has earned a raise from his recruiting alone. Not only has Nick brought in most of the Florida kids, but he was also lead recruiting for Qadir. Monroe is basically everything Mc&$#it was supposed to be!!

Wait, I thought you couldn't recruit at SU - too much snow or something.

Well game of thrones did make snow cool again

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom