This season’s not over. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

This season’s not over.

Serious question: Would, say, 17-16 get us in the NIT?
Based on recent NIT tournaments I’d say 17-14 and 18-13 puts them in. 16-15 is questionable. Need at least 16 regular season wins to be in NIT conversation.

...well...this is a valid point...that is sad
It should be unacceptable. I’d like to see someone pull up the last years of dean smith and any other old timer that stayed too long, just out of curiosity. Point being there is a grace period for the equity but how long do the other big time schools allow it to go on?

It should be unacceptable. I’d like to see someone pull up the last years of dean smith and any other old timer that stayed too long, just out of curiosity. Point being there is a grace period for the equity but how long do the other big time schools allow it to go on?

Dean Smith's last year was a Final 4 so bad example.

Denny Crum is who comes to mind for me.

1997–98Louisville12–209–55th (American)
1998–99Louisville19–1111–52nd (American)NCAA Division I First Round
1999–00Louisville19–1210–62nd (American)NCAA Division I First Round
2000–01Louisville12–198–85th (American)

Here is the list of coaches with the most wins. Not really another example of someone who totally fell apart at the end just briefly glancing at it.

Here is the list of coaches with the most wins. Not really another example of someone who totally fell apart at the end just briefly glancing at it.

Bob Knight at TT is probably another example. Most coaches retire at a decent point. Not all of them happened to have kids after 50. JB in that regard is in a class of his own and big-time contributing factor to the current situation.

Bob Knight at TT is probably another example. Most coaches retire at a decent point. Not all of them happened to have kids after 50. JB in that regard is in a class of his own and big-time contributing factor to the current situation.
Coaching his kid should not buy any grace period. It’s selfish at best unless his kid was a coveted recruit. Few only offered to make it look good. If Buddy was an AA do you think Kentucky and duke stay out of the picture and don’t even bother with a pitch?

Coaching his kid should not buy any grace period. It’s selfish at best unless his kid was a coveted recruit. Few only offered to make it look good. If Buddy was an AA do you think Kentucky and duke stay out of the picture and don’t even bother with a pitch?

For the record we're in agreement.

It's just tough when we *literally* don't have a single non-conference season accomplishment. If we just could have somehow carved out even one win in that PSU/Iowa/Oklahoma St./Georgetown stretch.

Conversely - we also “literally” don’t have a single bad loss either.

So, it’s a big meh-burger so far.

Our defense overall is the worse I've seen in a decade. Add to that the worst interior defense I've ever seen, and we are a mediocre team. We'll be lucky to win 7 in conference.

Clearly you must have missed the year with Uncle Drew, Gillon, and Turnstile Thompson.

This year is bad - that year was atrocious.

Between you and KCSU the both of you have said we would lose Marek for 2 years and he’s still here, yet you don’t quit.
Chill. Its a fan post. I hope Marek stays until he graduates.