This season’s not over. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This season’s not over.

This team might not win 5 more games this season. This is the worst 2-3 I've ever seen. Worse than the Gillon Andrew White III team (that's saying something). They cant stop anyone and are an inconsistent offensive team due to their reliance on the 3-point shot. The 3s have been falling lately, but if they go on a stretch in the ACC where they are not... this team is not winning many games.

Breaking News:

We aren’t playing teams that are a combined 3-20 like Colgate and Niagara the rest of the year.

duh. I’m aware. It was an attempt to add dole humor to a crappy sports day for me

Id be very very surprised if they make the NIT this year. Been watching syracuse basketball for over 35 years, this is the least talented team I've seen in orange by a fairly decent margin. The kids are giving their all but the talent just isnt there. Just looking for improvement game to game to build for next year.

Id be very very surprised if they make the NIT this year. Been watching syracuse basketball for over 35 years, this is the least talented team I've seen in orange by a fairly decent margin. The kids are giving their all but the talent just isnt there. Just looking for improvement game to game to build for next year.

Yeah, it's a tad sobering to think that we really couldn't ask for much more. Home game. Guerrier contributed significantly. Washington had a solid stint, and our shooters shot the ball well. We even had a guy go ballistic after a technical and bury a few in a row to really get the team/crowd amped......And we lost. Our best bet may just be nights when the other team just derails offensively, or we get hot early, and leave teams in the dust like the Ga Tech game. We'll have a few nights like that.

Yeah, it's a tad sobering to think that we really couldn't ask for much more. Home game. Guerrier contributed significantly. Washington had a solid stint, and our shooters shot the ball well. We even had a guy go ballistic after a technical and bury a few in a row to really get the team/crowd amped...And we lost. Our best bet may just be nights when the other team just derails offensively, or we get hot early, and leave teams in the dust like the Ga Tech game. We'll have a few nights like that.

Im trying to be kinda encouraged that Georgia Tech beat the brakes off UNC today. Gives me hope that we can finally beat UNC.

Honestly, at this point I’d sign up for beating UNC and Duke and losing every other game.

I applaud your positivity.

I don’t have it.

We have not come close to the grit needed to win. Up three, 90 seconds to play at home against an average team, and we don’t stop them.

The season is not technically over at all, but my hopes are at the same percentage as the likelihood of a double-double out of our center spot.

Yup. That game was ours and in almost any other season we pull that one out.

Feel like ND had a huge tip in when we were up 4 with a couple minutes left that should’ve never happened and we probably would’ve won without it.

So many plays and possessions you can point to. One “solid” 5 on this team and we’d have a shot at the dance. But we don’t have it.

UNC without their best player should still never lose to Georgia Tech at home, at least not by that margin. Go back to all the previous UNC teams and take their best player off and they are still good. This is a bad UNC team. Even with Anthony they suck.
This is not the GA Tech team that we played. We might not beat them next time around.

Wait, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the post regarding him not going except maybe for the pizza. Slovakia?? Pizza? Hmmm, maybe I need to visit the italian cuisine there.

This is an exhibition season. We have to retain hughes and get a big center maybe from the transfer listthat can step in and make us a team
Just how do you plan to retain Eli? Curious minds want to know.

With the way JB's offense disrespects big men why would any big who had a shred of offensive talent go to SU.
The answer is they won't. We haven't been close to landing a true Big since Hop left and we are not in the top 5 for any rated bigs for the next 2 years. I think JB is going to roll with what he has. Hopefully we land a diamond in the rough. We have fallen pretty far and i just hope that we can remain above 500 for the rest of JB career. The program is stale.

The truth is the team isnt all that bad, and the offense is half decent to watch, but our defense sucks and weve probably dug ourselves too big of a hole to crawl out of
Agreed. Our KenPom offensive ranking is now up to 33 in the country. The problem is that the defensive ranking has fallen to 106. Oof. Not good.

This season is the first time I've ever seen us not show up on BracketMatrix at all. In prior bubble seasons even if the aggregate didn't have us in the field, there would always be a couple brackets who would have us as like a 12 seed, so we would be listed in the "other receiving votes" section. Man these are dark times.

Guys, we’re going to be okay, if the team was not developing and improving game to game I would be really worried.

yes is it scary not having a solid center? 100%

however, Marek showed up today, Sidibe played okay and even played a little better once JB talked with him. Obviously these two will never be championship caliber players but I saw positives out of them in ACC play.

This game was close and could have gone either way. A couple plays different and we win. The ACC part of the schedule is long. This team will end up above .500. It won’t be by a lot but they will be .500

Syracuse just needs to finish the season 11-7 to be above .500

I think that is doable. I trust JB in that aspect...

recruiting, totally different ballgame

In fairness it’s odd another team would make 15 threes when we do. We couldn’t of played better offensively and normally would have beaten any team in the ACC today. Mooney is very very good

We were favored tonight.

And we almost won so I’m not sure your point. We didn’t lose by 20. Your posts are getting tiring. It’s almost like you’re a bot lately.

"Fun" fact - last night was the first game we played this season that was not decided by double-digits.

More fun facts!!! :) They help numb the pain.

Undoubtedly would necessitate an admirable ACC tournament performance, but to say its all over now is a little reactionary given how other ACC teams are performing.

I suggest people utilize the ACCN and watch the rest of the ACC. This is a terrible year.

Undoubtedly would necessitate an admirable ACC tournament performance, but to say its all over now is a little reactionary given how other ACC teams are performing.

I suggest people utilize the ACCN and watch the rest of the ACC. This is a terrible year.

It's just tough when we *literally* don't have a single non-conference season accomplishment. If we just could have somehow carved out even one win in that PSU/Iowa/Oklahoma St./Georgetown stretch.