This season will be unprecedented for James Arthur | Syracusefan.com

This season will be unprecedented for James Arthur

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
This will be the season with 10 guys in the rotation.

Now you just hold on. Don't even get started with that "7.5" malarkey. You just hold your horses and listen as Ol' OttinGrotto breaks it down for you. There's a distinction here that you're overlooking.

Last season we played 9 guys. Really, it's true. Nine different players saw minutes during crunch time and played in some 90% of our games. Now, it wasn't a nine man rotation really. It was a rotation that had nine guys in it. I recall compromising with someone (Moqui maybe? Hey, by the way, did Moqui make it over here?) on the ex GF board about this that instead of the usual 7.5 man rotation what we saw was a 6.3.3.3 man rotation. Melo, Keita and Southerland were the .3s.

This season, we will see ten guys in the rotation, and I expect it to be a configuration of 6.5.5.2.2. The core of the team minutes wise will be the guard and forward combinations of Scoop, Joseph, Triche, Southerland, Thickburger and Thickburger. The center spot will be manned fairly equally I would think by Keita and Melo - thus the .5s. Lastly, our burger boys will get run situationally based on foul trouble, minor injuries, crappy play, etc. But they'll be there. Mookie and Cooney will become Bench Bros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom