This should be a Technical EVERY SINGLE TIME…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This should be a Technical EVERY SINGLE TIME….

Do other fanbases go as crazy about coaches on the court as ours? Genuinely curious. Through the years I've noticed it enrages people both on here and in the Dome.

Well - our coach is virtually never on the floor, so in a comparison vs that-
Our opponents are always going to be worse.

Plus - we had a run of many years where guys like Rick the Quick & Buzz Williams were constantly the 6th defender on the court, and now Keatts is that guy.

It’s easy to fix.
Refs simply enforce the rule as written, and should T those coaches up the very first time they wander onto the court, especially during live ball action.

Well - our coach is virtually never on the floor, so in a comparison vs that-
Our opponents are always going to be worse.

Plus - we had a run of many years where guys like Rick the Quick & Buzz Williams were constantly the 6th defender on the court, and now Keatts is that guy.

It’s easy to fix.
Refs simply enforce the rule as written, and should T those coaches up the very first time they wander onto the court, especially during live ball action.
If the league wanted to stop it they can.
The first time on the court, warn them next time technical, and tossed from game.
If it happens in another game, technical, and a 3 game suspension.
That would put an end to it very fast.

Huge pet peeve of mine about college basketball, has been for years.

I liked the suggestion above about perhaps extending the coaches' box, but them being so far out on the court should draw an automatic T.

Really, it's ridiculous.

And nobody is complaining about a coach stepping a foot or two onto the court -- it's about these clowns being several feet out on the field of play while game action is live.

It just seems strange to me that sideline warnings are pretty common in football when someone gets in the way. But in basketball, the refs are like "Oh I'm sorry. Don't let me get in your way, coach."

In theory it doesn't even have to be the ballhandler who can run into him and draw a technical, right? They should see if Kevon Darton wants to play a little basketball, and when a coach keeps doing that when they're in the press to take away space, sub him in and tell him to just start in the front court and race back into the back court and run straight into the coach at full speed - let the ball carrier dribble towards that coach a bit, make sure he's not looking at the 271 pound ball of fury running at him from behind.

Once the opposing coach regains consciousness, he can be informed that he got a technical.

Why should he get a warning? It’s already a rule. It’s a technical. There is no gray area. He’s either on the court and out of the coaches box or he’s not. The whole problem is that they’ve made it a gray area and up to the discretion of the referees. Imagine giving a player a warning on their first traveling violation or their first reach in hack.
Until this routinely gets called, no warning, just call the technical. Tell coaches Before the game if you have more than one foot out of the box you're getting a T.

Keatts was deliberately coming feet onto the court when NC ST would try to press to take away extra court space. I don’t believe the players know they can go at him and draw a technical and instead try to stay away from him, but is precious space that he is purposely trying to influence. It’s pathetic and shady and he was waved to move once. How he continued to get away with it, I just don’t understand.

View attachment 237023View attachment 237022
Keats has nothing on Percy Bysse Shelley. Urania weeps for him.

UVA asst coach takes down a ref w/ a chop to the neck in tonight's game against BC. Technical? No, just a warning. It was admittedly not intentional. Technical if it was a player? I would think so. Need to keep coaches off the court.

Just saw tonight in the Virginia vs. BC game where an assistant for Virginia was one step on the floor and accidentally elbowed the ref in the face. Either move the benches back or start handing out techs for any coach remotely close to being on the floor. The BC coach was on the floor too. It’s ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom