This team has been knocking on the door all season long... | Syracusefan.com

This team has been knocking on the door all season long...

I give the guys a ton of credit. We obviously haven't won every game since the NCAA news broke but we've competed hard in every game. I know they are on scholarship and you would hope that would be the case, but I'm not sure it would be for every team out there.

It says a lot that none of our players or coaches have thrown in the towel...good knows it would have been a lot easier to just till over when lville took the lead early.

Nice to see them shoot 77% from the FT line and hitting them down the stretch instead of allowing a team to hang around.

Silent G is even looking pretty solid at the line. Hopefully he has his confidence now and is on the upswing because he is obviously way too talented to shoot that poorly from the line.

When you remember the fact that losing the Nova game was a complete travesty, and we were close on several others, this team has really done extremely well considering all that has happened this year. And as they said on the broadcast, let's get this 'self-imposed punishment' out of the way and look forward. Go 'Cuse!

When you remember the fact that losing the Nova game was a complete travesty, and we were close on several others, this team has really done extremely well considering all that has happened this year. And as they said on the broadcast, let's get this 'self-imposed punishment' out of the way and look forward. Go 'Cuse!

Michigan, Villanova, Pitt, UNC--all could and should have been wins, we just flubbed them. Even Duke we took to the wire.

And despite these setbacks, the team has never folded. They play hard--despite being limited in some respects [lack of PG play, depth, etc.]. Hats off to them.

It is really impressive how competitive we have been all year vs good teams. I love the fight and with some luck maybe we lose only rak next year and have one hell of a team next year with a lot of experience to boot.

Michigan, Villanova, Pitt, UNC--all could and should have been wins, we just flubbed them. Even Duke we took to the wire.

And despite these setbacks, the team has never folded. They play hard--despite being limited in some respects [lack of PG play, depth, etc.]. Hats off to them.

Michigan, Nova and Pitt are the three I would love to have back. Clemson also - we're a better team but that was just a disaster from the start.

As far as i'm concerned this team will always be known as the year that Xmas and G both showed huge improvements. We wouldn't win 10 f#&$ing games without them.

Roberson is really coming on. We're a much different team having four scorers instead of three. Hope he can keep it up.
Unfortunately the problem seems to be getting all four to be on the same page in the same game.

Tonight I think Cooney would have benefited from 2/3 min on the bench in the second half. Patterson played well when he was in during the first half and he sure as heck could not have scored less than Cooney (by much).

...nice [and gratifying] to finally get a marquee win.

I know, I know--Jones being out helped our cause. Doesn't matter.

Now--time to pay Pitt back on Saturday.

Let's Go Orange!!!
McCullough being out may have helped them. LGO

I'll give you the first four (although unc is close), but duke was pretty in control for most of the second.

However, I'll add St. John's. :)

Michigan, Nova and Pitt are the three I would love to have back. Clemson also - we're a better team but that was just a disaster from the start.

I'd throw Cal in there just on how awful they've been since they beat SU in November. If SU was eligible, beating Louisville still would've had SU squarely on the bubble, since Cal, Michigan, and St. John's suck.

Nice to see them shoot 77% from the FT line and hitting them down the stretch instead of allowing a team to hang around.
Did we make 11 of our last 12 fts or am i mis-remembering that? Great win tonite, tough not to like this team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom