This Team is a Complete Mess Right Now | Syracusefan.com

This Team is a Complete Mess Right Now

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Fair enough, they were playing a bona fide national championship contender with no identifiable flaws. But, wow:

1. I was concerned about the D last week but attributed it to the Thompsons. But, the D is very weak now. As the commentators pointed out, MD's strategy was to go at the short sticks and they proved to be really weak. That being said the long sticks were no great shakes either. None of them can pick up a ground ball. Huge amount of work to be done here.

2. These two goalies are second rate. There is a reason why Lamolinara trasferred from MD. The coach told him he'd never play with Amato there. Just contrast Wardwell & Lamolinara vs Amato and you get the picture. I know Desko wanted to redshirt Ferrigan, but he has to give him a serious look now.

3. With all the offensive firepower out there, the offense just looked impotent. As someone said in another thread, they may have mailed it in when they saw the D and the FO issues.

4. Speaking of FO - There is simply no other conclusion that you can come to other than that Desko just wouldn't know a good FO guy when he sees one. The only explanation is that he sees H.S. stats and is impressed. But, he can't project foreward and see what the H.S. player would translate to at the D1 level. He probably wanted to redshirt Demarco too. But, he no longer has that luxury.

What a mess.

I might add that is also one of the weakest clearing teams I've seen in some time.

A lot of issues.

I just hope this team can make the tournament and catch some magic in May.

First lax game in many years--shoulda stayed home!

on the goalies could not agree more with the original post. both average at best, a 17 yard worm burner for a goal. defense will give that shot every time. goalie needs to make that stop.

I hope I'm wrong but based on what I saw yesterday I think we could in be a long season. Similar result to 2012 when had to win the Big East Tournament to make the NCAA's. We have a lot to fix and its mostly about face-offs and defense. Its going to take some time to fix the defense and we will lose more games in the process.They just looked like they didn't have a clue yesterday. Losing Megill to graduation was big.

The face-off problem is well documented here. Can't wait for Paduda to get healthy. I actually thought Wentworth and Iacono looked better than Daddio. We should also strongly consider putting DeMarco, Mullins (seriously) or Harris out there as well.Ultimately this could be our undoing in May (if we make the tournament) and its even more painful because the same thing happened last year (actually the last four or so).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom