This Team | Syracusefan.com

This Team

Tobias Funke

All Conference
Throughout the year this team has had their ups and downs. We have seen every contributor struggle for some meaningful stretches of time. In some cases those struggles were concurrent with each other. Bottom line is we have had people stp up in each of these 3 games to pick up their struggling teammate. That to me is the best sign. So far in this tournament at one point or anther we have had meaningful contributions from eager single plAyer minus probably Rak. That is the key to making a run you cannot simply rely on one or two players to go deep in the tourney with this team. That is evident this week with CJ's struggles from the field.

I recommend we try to stop slamming players or playing the I told you so game(both things that I have done to some extent) and enjoy the ride. I think if this team plays together and picks each other up when they get knocked down we could look back on every player on this team very favorably in the future. LGO.

To make things easy I have listed the most commn complaints about each player that e can all agree has been talked about ad nauseum.

MCW: the infamous jump pass turnover/ he hasn't met the ridiculous expectations that I set for him
Triche: not mentally strong enough
Baye: those stone hands/dunk the ball
Cooney: can't hit the broad side of a barn. Not a high Major D1 player.
JS: disappears too often. Only shoots well against cupcakes
Rak: too passive/not anther missed dunk
Grant: to his credit his only problem for folks on this board is not getting enough minutes
Fair: forcing too many shots lately, even though people were begging for 20 shots per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom