This won't be popular but here is the reality folks... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This won't be popular but here is the reality folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami has actually done something recently. Nobody wants to be told to take solace in some other team that was Top 10 all last year and ranked again this year because they may or may not lose to a team in a similar position.

FSU also has a ton of talent. Pitt doesn’t. In a must-win game to build a fanbase and program, on the road, Pitt should be up there in ACC teams you’d want to play.
Yes, we absolutely should've won today. With a bit more luck we would have, but our issues stopping the run were exposed by a power running team. We are the better team and will have the better season, but they successfully exploited our biggest weakness with their greatest strength, hit 2 54+ yard field goals, and had a strip and score on a fluke play.

We are clearly better, and our performances this year prove it. However, we are not good enough to play poorly but still overcome our deficiencies and win in an ACC road game. Despite being competitive every week, our issues stopping the run have been apparent in every game.

If we win one more game the rest of the year I'll say you were right. I just don't think that's happening, and we go at least 3-3 to finish the regular season - UNC, UL, and at least one of NCSU, ND, and BC.

Yes, we absolutely should've won today. With a bit more luck we would have, but our issues stopping the run were exposed by a power running team. We are the better team and will have the better season, but they successfully exploited our biggest weakness with their greatest strength, hit 2 54+ yard field goals, and had a strip and score on a fluke play.

We are clearly better, and our performances this year prove it. However, we are not good enough to play poorly but still overcome our deficiencies and win in an ACC road game. Despite being competitive every week, our issues stopping the run have been apparent in every game.

If we win one more game the rest of the year I'll say you were right. I just don't think that's happening, and we go at least 3-3 to finish the regular season - UNC, UL, and at least one of NCSU, ND, and BC.
I forgot Wake - that's an incredibly winnable game as well, much like today. Hopefully we clean up the mistakes and that one goes the other way.

I forgot Wake - that's an incredibly winnable game as well, much like today. Hopefully we clean up the mistakes and that one goes the other way.
Clemson 41 Wake 3 as we post.

Lets stop sugar coating the issues. Bottom line this team overachieved and blew its wad at Clemson. This is the same team 3 years running now. Dino is a good coach but well never have the talent here again to win consistently. cuse football is a small private school in the northeast. Poor facilities and light years behind in the arms race with no $$ commitment to compete. They've dragged their feet for YEARS now on the dome renos and it continues. ain't happening here, looks like ever.
Not just unpopular. Shortsighted and silly as well.

Lets stop sugar coating the issues. Bottom line this team overachieved and blew its wad at Clemson. This is the same team 3 years running now. Dino is a good coach but well never have the talent here again to win consistently. cuse football is a small private school in the northeast. Poor facilities and light years behind in the arms race with no $$ commitment to compete. They've dragged their feet for YEARS now on the dome renos and it continues. ain't happening here, looks like ever.

Wow. Just wow. Last week, we were back. Dungey was going to NY, we were going 10-2 and DB should be locked up for life.

This week, Dungey sucks, Ward should be fired, team is same ole, same ole and DB will never win.

Shortest bandwagon ever?

I took 3 mos off earlier this year and swore that I would not get into it with anyone.

But, man, this board makes that really hard to do. Bunch of whiny, schizo b!tches.

Talent has been upgraded but is still mostly 3 star. Coaching staff does a great job scheming early but the tape doesn’t lie and weaknesses get exposed and exploited.

I, like Alsacs, still think this is a bowl team but there are some challenges to overcome.
We did not bring our A game today and we lost. We will lose every conference game when we don’t play well because we will not overwhelm anyone with talent.

Really hard to bring one’s A game every single week, especially on the road.

Regroup during the bye and then 2 home games with a chance to bowl eligible.

How about we relax on the rush to judgement and see how N.C. and N.C. St. go.

Not just unpopular. Shortsighted and silly as well.
We have good facilities? We have admin support in the arms race? we have more than 2 and 3 star talent?

seems spot on..

Miami has actually done something recently. Nobody wants to be told to take solace in some other team that was Top 10 all last year and ranked again this year because they may or may not lose to a team in a similar position.

FSU also has a ton of talent. Pitt doesn’t. In a must-win game to build a fanbase and program, on the road, Pitt should be up there in ACC teams you’d want to play.

Totally agree. This team needed to beat what is clearly a middling Pitt team, especially now. There was too much riding on this outcome to lay an egg. And we laid a big one. Omelette’s anyone?

Inexplicable. Just plain disappointing. I get that we want to make a bowl game and that was the goal, but we don’t want a bowl at 6-6. Not with the momentum we had built up. 7-5 even feels like a crappy finish at this point. We need to be 8-4 or better to bring the excitement back and get fannies in the seats. Gotta win the gimmies from here on out and knock off either BC, State, or the Green Goblins.

Bad post.

We have good facilities? We have admin support in the arms race? we have more than 2 and 3 star talent?

seems spot on..
I come to this board because it's full of people who, for the most part, have rational thoughts regarding football. On game days like these, it devolves into syracuse.com comment section status.

Good lord, that's ridiculous. If Northwestern can consistenly win 8-9 games in the B1G, then we can sure as hell win in the ACC. I don't want to hear this crap after we invested $110M in dome renovations. Go take a nap.

Point mostly taken...if Northwestern can be competitive there's no reason we shouldn't be able to be (and we are so far this year and really, have been whenever Dungey has been healthy the past couple years).

But just to be realistic, Northwestern has hit 8-9 wins 3 times this decade. They're not doing it consistently. We probably won't either, but I do think that being able to hit 8-9 wins every few years would be a good goal for us, at least for awhile.

Not popular is right.

We were 2 bad drives from 6-0. Beat #2 last year.

Dino is 1000% building something here.

Defeatist BS is the worst

Might not make a bowl if we can’t figure out what to do with these LBs.

a bit of truth in your post. su waits til the last minute on everything. facilities caused bens downfall as well as coach p as we did not reinvest in the program when it was good.. we lagged behind for years and now lag behind in renovations. i believe that marrone left because through the bs from gross and su, and the failure to build the indoor facility. imo he was the best coach he alot with little and started a major rebuild.
we need the renovation badly, to put a progressive face on the program. we(su) do not see ouselves as a player at least as football is concerned.
i have had some hope for babers as a talented coach, which he is. he did not coach well today as i have said in another post.
whether or not we arise from the ashes remains to be seen. i think babers will rally i am not sure re the fans. hx tells us su is not a sports town and will only show up for a winner.
our attendance sucks and borders on mid major.

This is not the case of the cup being half full or half empty. Your opinion is that the cup has hit the ground and shattered.

I completely disagree, but opinions make this board go round. We are a pretty good football team with lots of really good talent amongst the underclassmen. Dino has done an admirable job restocking the cupboard. Shafer left him with legitimate D2 talent and Dino had to basically start over.

The bye week is perfect for this board.

Some of you seem to think we won every game we were supposed to in the 90's. It just doesn't always happen that way. I remember back then we used to call them "W T F" losses. This team will be fine. We are still learning how to win.

Since the basketball team possesses all those same conditions by your definition they should also fail to compete at a high level. Well, maybe not!

I come to this board because it's full of people who, for the most part, have rational thoughts regarding football. On game days like these, it devolves into syracuse.com comment section status.
Lol. The Syracuse.com comment section, the most negative bunch of nimbys, nothing is ever good enough, no change is good change, no progress is fast enough

seems spot on..
Nothing you said was wrong except for , "we'll never have good enough talent to win here." Not true. Plenty of teams with worse talent than we currently have (if you go by scouting site talent ratings) win 8+ games, and end up ranked. And then you finished by saying that "It aint happening here ever."
We've played 1 bad game this year. Chill for now.

Nobody here is more upset then I, but this is the definition of overreaction.

Not popular is right.

We were 2 bad drives from 6-0. Beat #2 last year.

Dino is 1000% building something here.

Defeatist BS is the worst
But we aren't we are 4 and 2 to quote George costanza not more building. Its about results. I was in high school the last time we had a number next to our name I'm 35 now. The schedule set up to win a lot of games.

You're out of your damn mind.

I see the likes that are attached to your post are the usual suspects.

Good lord.

Oh, stop. I remember your b-ball freak out posts(in particular what you said about Marek) when the team was struggling last year, quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.