This years class | Syracusefan.com

This years class

kcsu

Living Legend
Outside of the obvious disappointment in not landing a top QB or DT i think that this class will go down as one of our best in a long time.
The OL haul is excellent. Two Jucos ( Reed in Feb) a stud transfer and two frosh with good upside.
The WR both have size and speed and should be 2-3 year starters.
Kicker is exceptional. One of the best in the country.
RBs have size and speed. Tucker looks really good. Reminds me of Ant with more speed.
TE out of Rochester might end up being our best get. Kid has all the tools.
Both DEs are high upside guys who should each get to 230-240+ after a year with wolverine.
CB is a stud
LB Stud
The German is an interesting get. Raw but you have to love the measurables. He looks like a DE to me. Cant wait to see where he ends up.
Add in the Canadian, and Connecticut kid and we have 3 excellent athletes who can play multiple positions.
As Dino said this class is physically impressive. Long and fast. They might not have the Stars we all crave but each player sure as heck looks the part. I think we add a couple of DTs , a QB and another LB and CB by the spring. I really like this class.

wont you get in trouble for being optimistic about the recruiting?

Hearing what Dino said about longer kids is interesting.. even if the numbers (stars) dont say it this is a better class just because we likely added upside to the whole class by adding a bit better body type.

we saw a handful of freshmen compete and play well last yr. we probably see a handful more of the RS class next yr. If they play at that same level, which was pretty solid, that how you build up a team, and that takes time.

4-5 from a class that does well well and by JR yr you got 15 kids and you know some kids will be misses

4-5
4-5, 8-10
4-5, 8-10, 13-15
4-5, 8-10, 13-15, 13-15 thats 40-50 solid kids and thats what we need to be striving for when that class becomes SRs

when the mix is solid on the oline-dline we can compete, when it isnt we will probably struggle.

This can't be -- I read here extensively on Wednesday how subpar the class is.
Right?

Before it's even finished?

If CuseLegacy is correct, we could conceivably have six spots to fill, still.

Could do a lot with that many spots.

Truthfully some of the better hits over the past few cycles have been players on the lower-end of the class.

Servais (.8221)
Bear (.7905)
Coleman (.8355)
Ify (.8209)
Szymt (NA)

Obviously the overall quality needs to improve but they have had a lot of success finding guys.

Think about Alford, Garbage plate, Benson and Das Boat as weapons for Tommy in 2 years.

Think about Alford, Garbage plate, Benson and Das Boat as weapons for Tommy in 2 years.
Are you sure? Prior to this year, many on this board predicted TD's early entry into the draft after his Jr year.

Are you sure? Prior to this year, many on this board predicted TD's early entry into the draft after his Jr year.
I think TD will be here for his Senior year.

I'm greatly disappointed at the obvious misses, but overall, I think there's some good pieces in there.

Dino still has spots to fill and knows where the gaping holes are.

I have complete confidence he and his staff will make the right moves. They're no dummies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom