This Year's Selection Show... | Syracusefan.com

This Year's Selection Show...

Last year I actually appreciated the alphabetical announcement as it told us if we were in and whether to watch the bracket announcements.
Since we were in the 3rd 1 seed’s bracket it would have been the last bracket announced and tension would have been higher if we didn’t know we were in.
Now I don’t want a 2 hour show but just announce brackets within the first half an hour. Do the interview with the committee chair for 10 minutes and then the last segment with predictions.

I actually was not happy that the brackets were leaked in 2016.

We would have been the last team announced in. That would have been an epic reaction. (of course that was the 2 hour show, so the anger caused by that may have offset any joy)

Last year I actually appreciated the alphabetical announcement as it told us if we were in and whether to watch the bracket announcements.
Since we were in the 3rd 1 seed’s bracket it would have been the last bracket announced and tension would have been higher if we didn’t know we were in.
Now I don’t want a 2 hour show but just announce brackets within the first half an hour. Do the interview with the committee chair for 10 minutes and then the last segment with predictions.
You should be producing the show.

Their mistake was alphabetical order. I’d be cool if they just pulled a name, seed and region out of a hat/lotto ball machine randomly.

Or start with seeds and regions of all of the auto-bids. Then they could randomly pull the at-large bids with their seed and region, building the bracket until the 68th school is picked. The anticipation for the last pick would be crazy.

Their mistake was alphabetical order. I’d be cool if they just pulled a name, seed and region out of a hat/lotto ball machine randomly.

Or start with seeds and regions of all of the auto-bids. Then they could randomly pull the at-large bids with their seed and region, building the bracket until the 68th school is picked. The anticipation for the last pick would be crazy.
Sort of like the draft lottery drawing, back in the day.:(

I'll be reaching for the mute button if Charles Barkley is offering his "insight" this year again.

I’m with you. I like them poking fun at him but could he actually watch a game during the season? He’s “turrabull”!

Now all they need to do is boot Doug G off the show. Instant ratings upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom