Thompson's future | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thompson's future

I think he's going pro with Robertson Howard and Lydon. This team was one of the worst SUteams in recent memory. Thank god for White and Gillion. What would be our record if we had to play Howard and Robertson ( who else is left) 40 minutes a game?

Oh forgot about our world class getting cats out of trees center Chuwuwuwu

Robinson was a bit disappointing. Kenny Battle should be a good one though. Gillium was a big help, but we've gotta replace him. Andrew Greene can really stick it. The jury is out on Chip Fu.

Not defending TT's defense in any way, but can anyone here honestly say that other than a few moments for Battle, Lydon, and maybe Robey that ANYONE played any good defense this year??!!!

Not defending TT's defense in any way, but can anyone here honestly say that other than a few moments for Battle, Lydon, and maybe Robey that ANYONE played any good defense this year??!!!
I was actually disappointed in Battle's defense as well. He gives up a ton of shots as well and with his size, he should contest better.

I was actually disappointed in Battle's defense as well. He gives up a ton of shots as well and with his size, he should contest better.
Overall I was too. He does show moments of what he's capable of, but not enough.

You gotta point there. Easily the worst SU defense that I can remember.

He could average 25 points a game next year and if his defense is just as bad he'd be better on the bench.

Maybe moving to the 4 if 7'2" improves or the freshman shows some defensive skill will help TT.

He could average 25 points a game next year and if his defense is just as bad he'd be better on the bench.

Maybe moving to the 4 if 7'2" improves or the freshman shows some defensive skill will help TT.

You think? I just can't possibly see him having enough foot speed.

I have no clue lol, I can hope. I'd almost rather have him on the wing than underneath if he's going to play bad defense.
I could definitely see TT on the wing, with Sidibe manning the pivot next year. Bring 7'2" off the bench. Prospects of that lineup has a projected low ceiling unfortunately...

I could definitely see TT on the wing, with Sidibe manning the pivot next year. Bring 7'2" off the bench. Prospects of that lineup has a projected low ceiling unfortunately...

This talk is depressing to say the least...

I am not as high on TT as everyone else. Two things that I think people bring to the party from the day they set foot on campus are effort and game sense. I don't see either in TT. I think he will score the ball, and be a force on O, but he had better score a boat load because I don't see his D or board work improving by leaps and bounds due to lack of effort.
every day, I will take the freshman big that can play offense but stinks on defense over the high motor defense big man that can only play defense and "hey we will teach him some post moves". because those guys never turn out. offense wins, defense can be taught. will Thompson be good? who knows but he absolutely belongs in the program.

Yeah really... I fear us going into gun fights with a pocket knife next year in the rough and tumble ACC...
0-18, maybe 1-17 if they can steal one from BC.

every day, I will take the freshman big that can play offense but stinks on defense over the high motor defense big man that can only play defense and "hey we will teach him some post moves". because those guys never turn out. offense wins, defense can be taught. will Thompson be good? who knows but he absolutely belongs in the program.

He certainly belongs in the program and it's possible his defense (and rebounding btw) can improve. I think what some of us are saying is that if there isn't improvement on that side of the floor then who cares about his offense? His defense is that bad.

He certainly belongs in the program and it's possible his defense (and rebounding btw) can improve. I think what some of us are saying is that if there isn't improvement on that side of the floor then who cares about his offense? His defense is that bad.
i'm fine with that, I am just saying that I will take the kid that can score and try to teach him defense over the kid that can defend and try to teach him to score.

btw I have some good memories of SU bigs that anchored the middle and were a force on the defensive end. Bouie, Fab, Etan Thomas, Conrad McRae to name just a few. It helps to have them because if the rim is completely unprotected then Houston we have a problem.

i'm fine with that, I am just saying that I will take the kid that can score and try to teach him defense over the kid that can defend and try to teach him to score.

Fair point. I just hope desire isn't part of the problem.

Last edited:
When all is said & done, I fear we'll look back on Lydon & TT's careers wondering "what could have been" if they were allowed to play their natural PF position alongside a serviceable Center. They may be the 2 most offensively skilled PF's we've had in over a decade so it's fitting that their careers overlap :bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom