Those who attended the Garden yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Those who attended the Garden yesterday

bnoro

Lurker
What did you all think of the first phase of the transformation? I like to get feedback since I work there.

Not enough Syracuse gear on the walls. I'm talking logos, jerseys, etc. :p

What did you all think of the first phase of the transformation? I like to get feedback since I work there.

I wasn't there but BlackKnight told me it was pretty weak.

The first concourse area is blown out, a lot more space - but most things weren't open yet and no bars open because of the NIT. Still feels like a cave, but didn't see much. There are upper level suite areas and I think the slope of the seats were closer in my section. Long ways to go.

Thought the concourse was very nice. Looked a lot better. However I wasn't a fan of the inside. I used to like being able to walk all the way around. It seems like it is harder to get to your seat once you walk through the tunnel. Also I liked the awful purple and green seats. It gave it character.

I know that this isn't done yet but I heard that the plan is to make it a lot brighter in there. I hate that. Having it dark and the court bright like a stage is what makes MSG unique.

I know that this isn't done yet but I heard that the plan is to make it a lot brighter in there. I hate that. Having it dark and the court bright like a stage is what makes MSG unique.

Guess I'll see tomorrow. I haven't been to MSG a whole lot, but I do like how the audience almost disappears in the darkness. About the only thing I like about MSG and it's going away? :p

The concourses are much much improved. Looks like a whole different place. Inside, it basically felt the the Old Garden to me (which is a good thing). What will they be doing in phase 2. Are they still going to put the catwalk up or was that scrapped?

Ditto. I hope I'm mistaken that they're going to brighten the arena; the dim seating bowl and the bright court constitute (along with the ceiling) one of the two signature features of the Garden.

The concourses are much much improved. Looks like a whole different place. Inside, it basically felt the the Old Garden to me (which is a good thing). What will they be doing in phase 2. Are they still going to put the catwalk up or was that scrapped?
Next year they will be adding the Madison Suites (7th floor) and updating the whole second level. Then the year after will be the Chase bridges across the top and the Chase square where the current Box Office/Mall is.

msgtransformation.com

Next year they will be adding the Madison Suites (7th floor) and updating the whole second level. Then the year after will be the Chase bridges across the top and the Chase square where the current Box Office/Mall is.

msgtransformation.com

Nice thanks for the link

i didnt go any higher than the first concourse, but walking around, i felt like i was in some trendy restaurant...i dont like it...

Call me crazy, but I go to an arena to watch a game.
I liked the fact that the generally awful music wasn't at ear-splitting volumes.
(I'd like it even better if arenas did away with most of it).
Nice job with frequent replays.
PA announcing difficult to hear (at least when I was up in the 300 level).

I was in Section 108. At that level it seemed rather empty in that concourse level. I see that Hills Country Barbecue was being built. They have delicious food. The restrooms were abundant and no lines! Ticket prices were very reasonable, $45 for both Wednesday and Friday. I compared that to the St. Johns game in February where ticket prices are outrageous! Crappy seats for the St. Johns game are much more expensive than good tickets for the NIT! That is going to turnoff a lot of people going to that game, especially if SJ has a losing record at the time, a noncompetitive game. The Garden was loaded with SU fans and we all had a blast! This afternoon's game, Friday against Stanford should be good. Stanford has a lot of height and some good shooters. This game will not be blowout for SU but a very scrappy game. Dion is looking great. Brandon is still getting carried away with some of his passes but that is offset by some of his drives. Should be lots of fun!

So went Friday.
pros: It looks a lot better. The marble floors look very nice.
cons: The concrete floor paint color is kinda barfy (that tannish color). And drop ceilings ruin any space for me.

Thought the concourse was very nice. Looked a lot better. However I wasn't a fan of the inside. I used to like being able to walk all the way around. It seems like it is harder to get to your seat once you walk through the tunnel. Also I liked the awful purple and green seats. It gave it character.

Agree. The contrast between dark and light does make it unique.

Well, nothing good lasts forever, as we're finding out the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom