Thoughts from a Rutgers fan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts from a Rutgers fan

Without UConn players. Those good UConn teams were always loaded with talent.

Rutgers has a nice team this year...they’re a team that hangs around the lower part of the top 25/others receiving votes and gets like a 7-10 seed, probably.

Thats fine, but that’s not scaring anyone.

Some of you trying to be contrarian Cuse fans are easily impressed by opponents I guess, but think we suck when we’re basically on the same level.
thats odd, that was said about schiano back in the day, and he shut us out of nj recruiting. make no mistake if ru stays on this trajectory it will make some impact on us. some of you choose remain in denial. denial of another programs progress, of the where we were as a program to where we are now. unfortunately---we are not scaring anyone either.

thats odd, that was said about schiano back in the day, and he shut us out of nj recruiting. make no mistake if ru stays on this trajectory it will make some impact on us. some of you choose remain in denial. denial of another programs progress, of the where we were as a program to where we are now. unfortunately---we are not scaring anyone either.

Such a ridiculous “point”.

For one, Syracuse football was absolutely horrific under GRob.

Two, even at its late 80s/90s peak, Syracuse football was never the national brand that Syracuse basketball is.

3, you can be good in hoops with just a few good players and a few decent ones. It’s not like filling a football roster.

4, the northeast is much more fertile recruiting grounds for basketball than football. A few roster spots to fill and a ton of options, every single year.

5. Lots of programs in the northeast have had stretches of being really good over the years. UConn, Nova, Pitt, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Temple, St. Joes,...some of them have come and gone...and in some cases come again. We’ve never stopped being Syracuse. We’re always in the mix.

Nothing you said makes any sense whatsoever to me. I don’t know why you’re always fear mongering about Rutgers. But hey, you did make a good call on Rutgers finally having a solid coach.

Last edited:
Certainly hope so. But the new Rutgers coach is a good hire. He is UConn guard running old UConn system. It works. I think he will win 50% or 60% of games against us.
He appears to be the real deal, but RU is still RU.

I don't think Rutgers is a threat for Syracuse basketball at all. Like on poster said, basketball has so few players that there are plenty of good ones to go around. I think that Syracuse and Rutgers will both do well this year. Syracuse men's basketball is an elite program (like Rutgers Women's basketball) and we will need several years of sustained success with our men's program to approach where Syracuse is. Pikiell could get us there, but it will take some time.

One thing that has been a game changer for us is the new RWJ Athletics Performance Center. Believe it or not, Rutgers never had a dedicated basketball practice facility. It's hard to imagine how any of our past coaches could recruit without that basic amenity. Now we finally have a state-of-the-art facility that will allow is to compete with other programs.

iNoMxNUz0C3mtcvy_-8SZDgxch-7EUXhgS_pAFK51YHdjUNqC3_k5hg3K0udOFhtfWFe0OmiCyQOC0oVFpIZ_MKTR3Sow6IJ7qKCmtuGTdEYCJXBsXqsMerSEYh0rZqFTdion0whUF9yK2JP3AybRa88CNw9AR8

Congrats on the BC win, by the way. You guys have a better team than most people think, and I know that you will likely join us in the top 25, if we can somehow beat Maryland on Monday without Geo Baker. Stay safe and good luck this season.

New Yorker

Rutgers has a solid team this year.
Growing up 10 miles from campus, I'm happy to see it.

Rutgers can beat anyone this year even the Zags. Not anointing anything but not many teams win there last week. I’d love a rematch in the Dance. They didn’t really beat us Girard just handed them the game.

14pt win.

Harper was stellar again with 27. Geo Baker returned from injury and had 13 off the bench.

They went 9/19 from 3, and were out rebounded by 1 despite Myles Johnson having 16 boards himself for Rutgers

Rutgers can beat anyone this year even the Zags. Not anointing anything but not many teams win there last week. I’d love a rematch in the Dance. They didn’t really beat us Girard just handed them the game.
Gonzaga would boatrace Rutgers lol

Gonzaga would boatrace Rutgers lol

Actually no they wouldn't given how physical RU is. They are legit top 25 and we should have beaten them and I think we definitely could full strength vs full strength. Harper is big-time. Baker is good but he is too trigger happy sometimes which actually lends itself to our benefit. They were very patient vs us and much less so vs MD yet they beat the terps up in the second half. They are a Mich St clone in many ways

Actually no they wouldn't given how physical RU is. They are legit top 25 and we should have beaten them and I think we definitely could full strength vs full strength. Harper is big-time. Baker is good but he is too trigger happy sometimes which actually lends itself to our benefit. They were very patient vs us and much less so vs MD yet they beat the terps up in the second half. They are a Mich St clone in many ways
If Gonzaga ever plays Rutgers they will win by double digits. There’s no chance SUNJ can score with them. It’s not even anything against them there’s just maybe five teams that can play with the Zags if they get up for the game.

Rutgers isn’t one of them. If the game happens I would be happy to wager lol

If Gonzaga ever plays Rutgers they will win by double digits. There’s no chance SUNJ can score with them. It’s not even anything against them there’s just maybe five teams that can play with the Zags if they get up for the game.

Well buttgers will be playing real games in January and February. Gonzaga will have a bye for 2 months freakin jokes. Big Ten is probably better than the ACC this year. Might have 5 teams better than rutty.

Well buttgers will be playing real games in January and February. Gonzaga will have a bye for 2 months freakin jokes. Big Ten is probably better than the ACC this year. Might have 5 teams better than rutty.
So you’re essentially saying Gonzaga would finish 6th in the Big10?

Gonzaga has played 3 teams that wanted to play up and down with them which certainly helped them look damn good. When forced to muck it up, I absolutely would wager on that game being close. They are really good but they aren't a great team just a good team. The WV game showed they are quite human. A good defense, even a good zone could slow them down and beat them. I've heard this a few times when they look great early on.

I am somewhat ashamed to admit it .. but I took Rutgers on the money line after seeing what they did to us .. and what we did to BC...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom