Thoughts on Hopkins and the Offense moving forward | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on Hopkins and the Offense moving forward

We need to jump out early on Duke and keep it going. These long periods of offensive stall are no good.

Did anyone else feel like the officials were looking to timer on earlier into possessions at Homewood? I respected it. Still was a low scoring game but they were at least trying to push pace. Feel like they never call it. Our defense should be drawing it more often moving forward which might translate to much needed offensive possessions.

Desko should get some credit for recognizing that Trimboli should run more with the 1st midfield. I know he tinkers too much sometimes but I feel like he recognizes when something is going to turn the game.

Man, looking over the roster, and there just isn't that much at attack at all. Having no Thorpe is a huge loss, same goes for Forkin. Its a shame Shewell had to transfer because he would maybe be looking at some playing time right now. I know Jeremy mentioned it before but if the freshman like Burt or Wisnauskas are showing you anything I think its worth burning the redshirt for their production. A lot of attack men coming here in the next few years.

Man, looking over the roster, and there just isn't that much at attack at all. Having no Thorpe is a huge loss, same goes for Forkin. Its a shame Shewell had to transfer because he would maybe be looking at some playing time right now. I know Jeremy mentioned it before but if the freshman like Burt or Wisnauskas are showing you anything I think its worth burning the redshirt for their production. A lot of attack men coming here in the next few years.
Maybe I'm alone on this but, IMO, burning a players redshirt halfway (6 games) into the season is insane. Especially when it's not due to injury, but rather trying to find production. Idk, if I was a player I'd never agree to that. You're basically throwing away 1/8 of your career. I do respect your opinion & have never been a D1 athlete so maybe it's not all that uncommon, though I can't recall a similar situation in my memory of SU Lax. I think the attack is in need of a dodging threat & that's not Wisnauskas' game.

Maybe I'm alone on this but, IMO, burning a players redshirt halfway (6 games) into the season is insane. Especially when it's not due to injury, but rather trying to find production. Idk, if I was a player I'd never agree to that. You're basically throwing away 1/8 of your career. I do respect your opinion & have never been a D1 athlete so maybe it's not all that uncommon, though I can't recall a similar situation in my memory of SU Lax. I think the attack is in need of a dodging threat & that's not Wisnauskas' game.
I do agree with you, but this more than many other years seems to be a wide open season. I don't think there are any teams that are favorite's to win it all, I think we are right there with all of them. I'm just gonna say, this is our last year with Ben, Firman, Molloy, Salcido, Mariano. I just think that we have a really good core group of guys in important positions. If for some reason they were holding back either Burt or Wisnauskas because of redshirting I wouldn't want that. Play the people that should be out there. Thats all I'm saying. I think we have as good of a chance as a lot of teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom