Thoughts on Jalen? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on Jalen?

I don't see Goodine or Buddy playing PG so our only options are JG3 or JC.
If we need to start HW next year due to JC transferring, we are in deep . No PG and No C. Ouch.
I'm not so sure that Carey is a better starting option than Howard Washington. What leads you to believe is? At this point I would trust a true pg like HW more than Carey.

He also had 0 assists and 6 turnovers in that game. He had more than one fast break when he dribbled into multiple defenders. Point guards should try to include teammates on occasion.

Include the players who were shooting < 33%?
So they could keep missing 2 out of every 3 shots they took?
You wanted the one guy hitting more than half his shots to stop shooting?

That's how he looks to me, too.

Again, I think Gerry is his comparable, or at least that's how Girard projects.
No disagreement on how he looks now as a Gerry comparable. Totally disagree on your projection. JG3 has the rep as a diehard working multi sport team player.

JG3 signed on after Buddy and JC were already here. Most thought of Buddy as a 4 yr guy and JC as maybe two. I think JG3 has planned from the beginning to learn the point guard spot. If I were JC I wouldn't coast this summer.

If we need to start HW next year due to JC transferring, we are in deep . No PG and No C. Ouch.
there will be an intense competition for the pg minutes between hw,jc, bg, and jgiii

and i think marek has pretty much nailed down the starting center spot
what he lacks in bulk he makes up for in skills

Include the players who were shooting < 33%?
So they could keep missing 2 out of every 3 shots they took?
You wanted the one guy hitting more than half his shots to stop shooting?

Nope. I wanted him to stop giving ucon fast breaks with his turnovers. I'm not going to say that the rest of the team was good that night and that OB wasn't jogging instead of running. But maybe if Carey ran the point instead of trying to put on a (very good offensive) show for his hometown fans and friends the rest of the team may have been more involved. Battle had 7 assists the other night and made everyone around him better and that's what I hope Carey will figure out.

Nope. I wanted him to stop giving ucon fast breaks with his turnovers. I'm not going to say that the rest of the team was good that night and that OB wasn't jogging instead of running. But maybe if Carey ran the point instead of trying to put on a (very good offensive) show for his hometown fans and friends the rest of the team may have been more involved. Battle had 7 assists the other night and made everyone around him better and that's what I hope Carey will figure out.

It’s taken Battle the better part of 3 seasons to be able to do that.

Our SENIOR PG often has games - still - where he looks like he hasn’t figured that out yet.

It’s taken Battle the better part of 3 seasons to be able to do that.

Our SENIOR PG often has games - still - where he looks like he hasn’t figured that out yet.

I want Carey to do well too and I think he will if he looks more to pass instead of trying to split 2 defenders he'll do ok.

As to our senior PG...you have a very valid point/observation. I've been watching the shot clock when Frank is in and he typically uses a minimum of 10 seconds before his first pass and then he holds on to the ball when it comes back to him. Battle was making his first pass quite often at 4 or 5 seconds and seems to have a better grasp of what needs to happen with the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom