thoughts on recruits | Syracusefan.com

thoughts on recruits

kcsu

Living Legend
I think that Archiniga? is our more important recruit as i believe he starts from day one.
Next up is Trejo followed by Miller and Kelly all of these guys will play and are needed.

Keeping Wilson was huge as he could start in a year or two has really good size already and by the look of his film a strong arm. Would love to keep Edwards as i think he would be in rotation after a RS year but based on our depth at rb im not going to jump if he does.

The most interesting recruit to me is I Johnson as he looks to have the speed and lenght to make a really nice Strong side DE especially with the depth we have inside. All in all thank goodness for the Jucos or this would be a super poor class. Lets hope that we finish strong.

I think it's important to land at least 1 NYC high school recruit that's highly regarded in this class. If we lose Gus I really hope we add Laray and I'd love both.

We have a good streak going with Reddish and Morgan so lets keep that going.

Don't judge this class just yet.
I know i hope we can pull a few last minute rabbits.. I also hope we can land one more ready to go OL as we are thin at OT. Speed at WR would be great but it really isnt a need for this coming season. LB OT and DB's are at the top of the need list.

McDonald effect will be interesting to see.
Agreed looks like he made add some WR's and DB's would still like to see us land a ready to go OT. I actually think that out of the recruits we may lose as a result of Doug leaving that Savage will hurt the most. Edwards, Laray if he doesnt sign and of course Mr Lone Star but still a nice OT was really needed

I agree with the possible exception of QB, OT is the important position for us to recruit right now.

I think it's important to land at least 1 NYC high school recruit that's highly regarded in this class. If we lose Gus I really hope we add Laray and I'd love both.

We have a good streak going with Reddish and Morgan so lets keep that going.
Wayne Williams - while not a HS kid now - will keep SU in the NYC game. I have a hunch he is going to be a monster. I love his attitude (watched video of him off-the-field) - both for SU and NYC. How can you not love Swaggercuse?

I think that Archiniga? is our more important recruit as i believe he starts from day one.
Next up is Trejo followed by Miller and Kelly all of these guys will play and are needed.

Keeping Wilson was huge as he could start in a year or two has really good size already and by the look of his film a strong arm. Would love to keep Edwards as i think he would be in rotation after a RS year but based on our depth at rb im not going to jump if he does.

The most interesting recruit to me is I Johnson as he looks to have the speed and lenght to make a really nice Strong side DE especially with the depth we have inside. All in all thank goodness for the Jucos or this would be a super poor class. Lets hope that we finish strong.

I Johnson was recruited as a defensive tackle.

Our RB depth is not as good as it seems. Gulley is a senior, Smith has 2 years but is an academic senior next season. AAM will never be an every down back. There's Morris but will McFarlane move? We could really use Edwards imho - way more than Laray. While not dire for next season will need him in 2. And I think AE can be 'that' good.

We're still in play to add a monster safety, a big LB, top flight WR and a few lineman. Savage might not be the loss you suspect as we may have backed off. We continued to recruit his teammate - Jaylon Hunter who will be visiting next weekend.

George Morris to me is the present and future look for him to get AAM carries maybe not goaline but I'm sure this kid gets a couple of touches a game.. The way Wheatley talked about him makeshift think if he is mentally up for it we have the next great RB here at Cuse. However i do feel damn good about smith and gulley leading the charge this season.

I would add Funderburk and Raymon to this class. Both are huge pickups.

Corey Cooper, Malik Brown, Gus Edwards, and Tyler Provo are the high school studs of this class. Hopefully we can hang on to all four.

I'm really hoping for Laray because he would be the fastest guy we've had on offense in a long time. I know track guys don't always translate, but I love the potential.

I Johnson was recruited as a defensive tackle.

Our RB depth is not as good as it seems. Gulley is a senior, Smith has 2 years but is an academic senior next season. AAM will never be an every down back. There's Morris but will McFarlane move? We could really use Edwards imho - way more than Laray. While not dire for next season will need him in 2. And I think AE can be 'that' good.

We're still in play to add a monster safety, a big LB, top flight WR and a few lineman. Savage might not be the loss you suspect as we may have backed off. We continued to recruit his teammate - Jaylon Hunter who will be visiting next weekend.

Both Gulley and Jerome Smith are seniors eligibility wise next season. Broyld will be a True Soph, AAM will be a True Junior. Morris and McFarland will both be Redshirt Freshman. I beleive that Steve Rene will also be a senior next season.

Not sure where that leaves Ritchie Dene though.

Both Gulley and Jerome Smith are seniors eligibility wise next season. Broyld will be a True Soph, AAM will be a True Junior. Morris and McFarland will both be Redshirt Freshman. I beleive that Steve Rene will also be a senior next season.

Not sure where that leaves Ritchie Dene though.

Smith will have 2 seasons left if he wants to stay.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Smith will have 2 seasons left if he wants to stay.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

He played in 2 games his freshman year in 2010, played all 2011 and every game in 2012. Unless he is granted an injury waiver by the NCAA for 2010 he is senior eligibility wise next year. I haven't heard that he applied for one or was granted one.

Injury waivers are not automatic, just like we thought for sure that John Raymon was going to play this year on a hardship waiver.

Have you heard anything different ?

He played in 2 games his freshman year in 2010, played all 2011 and every game in 2012. Unless he is granted an injury waiver by the NCAA for 2010 he is senior eligibility wise next year. I haven't heard that he applied for one or was granted one.

Injury waivers are not automatic, just like we thought for sure that John Raymon was going to play this year on a hardship waiver.

i believe he could apply for another season due to injury, and most likely receive it if he chooses. then again he was considered leaving this year for the nfl, and will also have graduated so it's really up to him if he wants to come back for another year. i don't see it though.

Applying for a fifth year is much easier than a sixth year. He only has to meet the criteria someone on here already listed. It's pretty cut and dry. If he wants it, he'll get it.

Applying for a fifth year is much easier than a sixth year. He only has to meet the criteria someone on here already listed. It's pretty cut and dry. If he wants it, he'll get it.

My point being that he doesn't automatically get it. Anytime the NCAA is involved in anything, they usually F it up.

My point being that he doesn't automatically get it. Anytime the NCAA is involved in anything, they usually F it up.
This situation is much more common than the 6th year thing. It requires no decision making. I saw it happen on the D3 level while working with the trainers, and an athlete lost most of her season after tearing her meniscus. It was an automatic. If he had come back at the end of the year it would be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom