Thoughts on the Chancellor and SU | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on the Chancellor and SU

NKR1978

Living Legend
If everything stays as it is and no new, or more credible allegations come out, then I think Bernie might survive this.

As an aside, I am genuinely proud of how SU has handled this. I know some do not care for the Chancellor, and I personally wish she was a better guardian of SU's national rankings, but she oozes competences and authority. She has a history or working for racial/gender equality (which I support but others may reasonably feel she goes too far or is too liberal) which certainly lends credence to the idea that Syracuse did everything it could to investigate the allegations..

Syracuse is not an old boys club. It is not tone deaf to outside criticism. Thank God SU does not operate in an incestuous bubble or perpetuate a cult of personality for our basketball coach. A lot has been said about Penn State and its handling of Sandusky. While Cantor asked for restraint until all facts were out, PSU offered its full support to the cast of supporting characters involved even after it knew all the facts. For years PSU held on to its women's basketball coach that openly refused to recruit lesbians, for many years in violation of state anti-discrimination laws. PSU didn't push her out until 2007. I realize this is pretty minor in the sports world, but it calls into question the fact that PSU clearly believed it was immune to criticisms from the outside.

This is a dark day in SU's history, but we are largely seeing praise for SU in its handling of this. Even Jezebel (and if you are a fan of Gawker media you'll understand the significance) commenters are generally supportive of SU's handling.

Last night I thought the worst case scenario for SU would be the death penalty and possibly having the ACC invite revoked if there was an institutional cover up. Tonight, the worst case scenario is that Bernie is guilty, Boeheim is fired and our coaching staff is scrapped at the end of the season. I'm not 100% convinced that Bernie is innocent, but at least I'm confident that SU is.

Good post and I agree 100% with your last paragraph, su will be fine after this plays out

If everything stays as it is and no new, or more credible allegations come out, then I think Bernie might survive this.

As an aside, I am genuinely proud of how SU has handled this. .

Same. Too early to pass final judgment, but in the past 24 hours, Chancy Nancy has handled this perfectly. I hope people remember this when they're calling names and lobbing empty criticism in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom