Thoughts on the ND Debacle and a quick look ahead | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on the ND Debacle and a quick look ahead

One handed was not the case vs ND and Ill repeat that it is sometimes necessary to escape. Some have mores stick abilities than others, I'll ride with any of our capable poles or dm's pushing and creating . I dont see any poles picking up ball with one hand as some shorties do and Bomberry's stick skills might be better than most offensive players on Cuse . Id play all 3 of our lsms at the same time if I could.

One handed was not the case vs ND and Ill repeat that it is sometimes necessary to escape. Some have mores stick abilities than others, I'll ride with any of our capable poles or dm's pushing and creating . I dont see any poles picking up ball with one hand as some shorties do and Bomberry's stick skills might be better than most offensive players on Cuse . Id play all 3 of our lsms at the same time if I could.

Ok. I don't see any benefit to someone cradling a long stick one handed, ever. As I previously posted, you're not a threat to shoot or pass. If you're running through traffic where multiple guys are throwing checks you're more likely to get helicopter'd or called for a ward.

SU's defenders have great stick skills, especially Bomberry. And this makes the decision to attempt to cradle one-handed all the more idiotic.

We'll agree to disagree. There were two distinct instances where a longstick attempted to clear through a double team and took a hand off his stick to try to evade checks. Both were avoidable; pull it out, pass it, run to space...anything other than taking one hand off your stick.

Nothing good ever happens to a d-man when he takes one hand off his stick while carrying the ball.
Unless you're Joel White.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom