Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts

anomander

Living Legend
I'm frustrated, but as mad as I am right now, I think all we need is patience. I know this isn't fun right now, but what we saw the last 2 weeks, against 2 programs that have far more talent right now, gives me hope. We have basically gone toe to toe, on the road against top 25 programs, being severally out manned. We are fighting with an extremely young interior OL, a OT ,who if any of those thought would have started 16 straight games when he signed ,we would have thought it was a miracle,literally no RB, and without our preseason top 3 DE's, and arguably our best defensive playmaker. Honestly, i'm really not sure how we're doing it. It seems like we are so close right now. It's one of those things where I feel like i'm watching, waiting for everything to start to click, and it's very close. Programs like NC ST, and Wake, are in years 5 and 4 of their respective rebuilds, with former, successful, MAC HC's. I think it's safe to say we are far ahead of where they were in year 2 of each of their rebuilds. I don't think we will have to wait as long as they did before they start to see the results of their patience. I know people are getting on Babers because of some questionable calls, which I agree, there have been some head scratchers, but still you aren't building programs with a couple of in-game calls. All HC's make some bone headed decisions, that's the last thing i'm worried about. All I know is what I am seeing...and that;s a system that can win. The difference between this program, and the former is night and day. Recruiting is at the best it's been in 15 years and the 2016 and 2017 class will serve as a solid building block for Babers to build upon. Right now what we need most is time. We need our OL to mature, and we need to get a RB in there that can move the ball. Defensively, we are already seeing signs of progress.

Another thing that gives me hope is that we have players in position to make plays, but right now they are either too young, or just not as talented. We miss easy throws, catches, INT's, tackles and kicks. That's not on the system, it's on our talent, and that can be fixed, and we are seeing that addressed.

Next week is the season. We are better than Pitt and we have them at home. It's an absolute must win, and will show us just how far we have to go.

All that I know is I am all-in on Babers more than ever.

I'm frustrated, but as mad as I am right now, I think all we need is patience. I know this isn't fun right now, but what we saw the last 2 weeks, against 2 programs that have far more talent right now, gives me hope. We have basically gone toe to toe, on the road against top 25 programs, being severally out manned. We are fighting with an extremely young interior OL, a OT ,who if any of those thought would have started 16 straight games when he signed ,we would have thought it was a miracle,literally no RB, and without our preseason top 3 DE's, and arguably our best defensive playmaker. Honestly, i'm really not sure how we're doing it. It seems like we are so close right now. It's one of those things where I feel like i'm watching, waiting for everything to start to click, and it's very close. Programs like NC ST, and Wake, are in years 5 and 4 of their respective rebuilds, with former, successful, MAC HC's. I think it's safe to say we are far ahead of where they were in year 2 of each of their rebuilds. I don't think we will have to wait as long as they did before they start to see the results of their patience. I know people are getting on Babers because of some questionable calls, which I agree, there have been some head scratchers, but still you aren't building programs with a couple of in-game calls. All HC's make some bone headed decisions, that's the last thing i'm worried about. All I know is what I am seeing...and that;s a system that can win. The difference between this program, and the former is night and day. Recruiting is at the best it's been in 15 years and the 2016 and 2017 class will serve as a solid building block for Babers to build upon. Right now what we need most is time. We need our OL to mature, and we need to get a RB in there that can move the ball. Defensively, we are already seeing signs of progress.

Another thing that gives me hope is that we have players in position to make plays, but right now they are either too young, or just not as talented. We miss easy throws, catches, INT's, tackles and kicks. That's not on the system, it's on our talent, and that can be fixed, and we are seeing that addressed.

Next week is the season. We are better than Pitt and we have them at home. It's an absolute must win, and will show us just how far we have to go.

Great post. This team plays with heart and as you say we are just a couple of players short. Within 2 years we will be knocking on the top 25 . Dino and his staff are the right coaches. Whit knows this and im sure he will continue to receive the support he deserves. The future is bright.

The key for Babers now is to keep the team focused on the positives and the progress, and not let the losing get to them.

Perfect opportunity to take out those frustrations and get a win next week.
Yeah, really needs to keep the team believing.

I'm impressed by the comebacks.

Would love if we can start out better.

I would love to know why we have had such a tough time getting going? I know we have some veterans in key positions, but you could say it's the overall youth of the team?

Im all in too. Anyone who isnt, I am sorry, but is an idiot.

The key for Babers now is to keep the team focused on the positives and the progress, and not let the losing get to them.

Perfect opportunity to take out those frustrations and get a win next week.

Exactly. They are too close to having everything click, he can't let them get discouraged, and let the season get away from them. Keep them up, pound a Pitt team that I feel we are better than, and then let's see what happens on a Friday night in the Dome against Clemson.

I would love to know why we have had such a tough time getting going? I know we have some veterans in key positions, but you could say it's the overall youth of the team?
The thing I don't understand is last season we always started hot and then cooled.

This season we start cold and get hot.

Like... let's start hot and stay hot.

Great post. This team plays with heart and as you say we are just a couple of players short. Within 2 years we will be knocking on the top 25 . Dino and his staff are the right coaches. Whit knows this and im sure he will continue to receive the support he deserves. The future is bright.

AyPs520p8Di2k.gif

Exactly. They are too close to having everything click, he can't let them get discouraged, and let the season get away from them. Keep them up, pound a Pitt team that I feel we are better than, and then let's see what happens on a Friday night in the Dome against Clemson.
The frustrating thing is that being close to having everything "click" means clicking against Clemson, Miami, Louisville and Florida State. Add what looks to be NC State becoming a perennial Top 25 team and this conference and, in particular, our division, requires a lot more than our offense "clicking".

The frustrating thing is that being close to having everything "click" means clicking against Clemson, Miami, Louisville and Florida State. Add what looks to be NC State becoming a perennial Top 25 team and this conference and, in particular, our division, requires a lot more than our offense "clicking".
At least I feel like we have a shot.

Doeren has gone 3-9, 8-5, 7-6, 7-6.
Clawson has gone 3-9, 3-9, 7-6.

It doesn't happen overnight at programs like ours, Wake's and NC State's.

I like what I'm seeing aside from when we punch ourselves in the nuts.

Yea, I absolutely agree that Dino has us on the right track but we seriously need to chill with our OOC scheduling from here on out because we play in the toughest division in CFB.

FSU is down this year and have no QB. Are they more talented, sure, but I wouldn't chalk it up as an L like years before.

Louisville i'm not afraid about moving the ball and scoring against them. Against Jackson, who knows what happens. After this year Petrino is gone and they are 1 bad hire away from being who they have always been when he's not there (unless they hire Brohm, which will make it interesting).

I will probably say Miami is the game I have the least confidence in, but I have a feeling they are about to become the king of the Coastal, and we won't see them again for another 5 years.

Clemson is Clemson until Dabo leaves/retires

Yea, I absolutely agree that Dino has us on the right track but we seriously need to chill with our OOC scheduling from here on out because we play in the toughest division in CFB.
Amen on that

Yes, I mentioned this in another post but Leach went 3-9, 6-7 and 3-9 his first three years at Wazzu. Different conference but similar type program to ours, Wake and N.C. State

FSU is down this year and have no QB. Are they more talented, sure, but I wouldn't chalk it up as an L like years before.

Louisville i'm not afraid about moving the ball and scoring against them. Against Jackson, who knows what happens. After this year Petrino is gone and they are 1 bad hire away from being who they have always been when he's not there (unless they hire Brohm, which will make it interesting).

I will probably say Miami is the game I have the least confidence in, but I have a feeling they are about to become the king of the Coastal, and we won't see them again for another 5 years.

Clemson is Clemson until Dabo leaves/retires
I have that hope for Louisville as well but as soon as they fall off NC State looks primed to take their place.

FSU is down this year but will be back with a vengeance next year with Francois back.

Clemson, I think has ascended to elite level with or without Dabo. I live in Greenville and see first hand the amount of money and influence they have in the program...its insane.

Miami and Va Tech will rule the Coastal so it will help not having them on the schedule.

I do still feel Louisville will be ok. They just have too much money to not be. They are that city and that city is U of L. They won't be left for dead.

NC State has been predicted to make a jump to Top 25 level for a few years now. Seems to be happening.

You mean like when we shank the opening kickoff and start the game w/ a gigantic sigh?!
Seriously though, we ARE close. Just have to keep grinding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom