Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!)

Providence and Bama winning are gut wrneching for us.

Alabama has very strong SOS and NCSOS numbers. 52 overall in KenPom while SU is 55. They have a high number of quality wins. I’m not sure if they are in right now but they should be in very good shape if they beat Auburn. I can see the committee wanting to have a superstar like Sexton in there. They also beat Oklahoma so that could be a bubblelicious edge.

well gotta hope the evening sessions go our way or we can start contemplating those great rule changes being tested by the NIT :(

Haha. Forgot about those experimental rule changes.

well gotta hope the evening sessions go our way or we can start contemplating those great rule changes being tested by the NIT :(

I've already accepted the fact we are NIT bound.

We can't afford any bubble busters right now. Thanfully Nevada came back against UNLV.

It hurts when some of our P5 counterparts win, but you never know if that is enough for the committee to put them ahea yoi. But when Nevada loses, that is a spot just taken away.

I didn't see one these posted yet, so here are the rooting interests we have today. I really think if the tournament started today, we would actually have a good chance at getting in. For what little it is worth, I still have them as one of my my last four in on TCW Bracketology. Just have to hope for no bid stealers and some bubble teams to lose. Admittedly, it is an uphill battle, but not impossible. If a good majority of these games go our way, hey, you never know.

UConn over SMU 12pm
Virginia over Louisville 12pm
Buffalo over Central Michigan 12pm

TCU over Kansas St 12:30pm
Texas A&M over Alabama 1pm

Clemson over BC 2pm
Kansas over Oklahoma St 2:30pm

Creighton over Providence 2:30pm
Nevada over UNLV 3pm
Georgia over Missouri 3pm

Standford over UCLA 5:30pm
Toledo over Miami (OH) 6:30pm
Villanova over Marquette 7pm
Duke over ND 7pm
Texas Tech over Texas 7pm
UNC over Miami 9pm
West Virginia over Baylor 9pm
Oregon St over USC 9pm
Eastern Michigan over Akron 9pm
Oregon over Utah 11:30pm

Well, we got 6/10 afternoon games to go our way, but 3 of the most important ones did not. Hoping for a strong finish to the night with lots of green text in the game list...

15 losses will be a lot though...assuming they don't win the SEC
I'd love to see the committee say sorry Bama you win enough in football so we're giving the bid to a hoops school.

Well, we got 6/10 afternoon games to go our way, but 3 of the most important ones did not. Hoping for a strong finish to the night with lots of green text in the game list...

The only two that were brutal for us were Bama and Providence but we can’t have any more than that go wrong, or very very few

the most important results we need to lose are ND, Marquette, Baylor and Ucla along with the already complete louisville loss. If all those 4 above lose today we are in a ok spot to squeeze in as one of the last 2 in.

the most important results we need to lose are ND, Marquette, Baylor and Ucla along with the already complete louisville loss. If all those 4 above lose today we are in a ok spot to squeeze in as one of the last 2 in.
As of tonight, yes. We really need teams like Arizona, MTSU, Nevada, etc. to win their titles.

As of tonight, yes. We really need teams like Arizona, MTSU, Nevada, etc. to win their titles.

mtsu is likely not getting an at large if they lose, nevada will

You all have been awesome with the updates. Any way to get the list of games to watch for the night session?

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 8.26.33 PM.png

Three good scores...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom