Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!)

DIRECTV doesn't carry the PAC-12 network so can't watch the USC game. I'm guessing of the remaining four games on the list the Baylor/WVU and the USC/Oregon St games are the two most important left? What implications does the Utah game have?

utah needs to make pac 12 final to have a case. I think usc is clearly the 2nd pac 12 team in just above the last 4 in. Baylor losing is a huge result we need

when looking through the bubble teams i keep coming down to 3 spots for 8 teams( in no order but Syr,Baylor, St Mary's, Lou,Ok St, Syr, Marq, Ariz St
Alabama?
They have to be in the picture.

Roy going 10 deep taking all the starters out. Oh how I miss having a bench.

We’ll host them or Florida Gulf Coast at the Dome.

very unlikely , as if mtsu misses ncaa as expected they will be a 2, 3 or 4 seed in nit bracket

very unlikely , as if mtsu misses ncaa as expected they will be a 2, 3 or 4 seed in nit bracket

I was sort of kidding but hoping to play those teams at some point simply out of curiosity. Plus, I’d like to see Giddy Potts again!

If they lose their next game they will be 18-14 I think. Not in to me
18-15*
But they still have 12 top-100 wins, which is a large number for a bubble team. Obviously, so is 15 losses, but they have a#6 ranked SOS. I don't know. They are a tough one. they are only 13-14 since Thanksgiving. 3 sub-100 losses too. I would lean in for them, actually. But it is close.

Also did we come to a consensus on the UNC-Miami game? If Miami wins, it makes our win against them stronger. If UNC wins, since we played them twice, it helps computer numbers a little, and gives a little sympathy to our loss last night.
Or does it not really matter either way?
What does everyone think?

I'm rooting for a Clemson-Miami final, I think that would help us the most.

Rob Murphy and Eastern Michigan come back from an 18pt deficit with 13 mins to go in the game, ending on a 40-13 run. Good for Murph and good for Cuse computer metrics.

WVU takes down Baylor. Other than the USC game it was a pretty good night of games. Anxious to see where we stand tomorrow and if we made any headway.

Well, I hope you all don't mind, but since I started this thread, I'm going to plug myself one more time!;)

New TCW Bracketology update tonight! Where will the Cuse fall?

It was a nice write up, an enjoyable read. I appreciate it, as well as the yeoman's work you do on here come tournament time. Your body of work(especially relative to your small number of posts) reminds me of Steve Tasker, an NFL player who went to 7 Pro Bowls as a special teamer. Keep up the good work, and you can plug yourself as much as you want!

Of course, as a word guy, I might prefer something other than "fall" connected to Cuse. Like when I went to the Final Four, the slogan, "The Road Ends Here" rubbed me the wrong way before the game.

It was a nice write up, an enjoyable read. I appreciate it, as well as the yeoman's work you do on here come tournament time. Your body of work(especially relative to your small number of posts) reminds me of Steve Tasker, an NFL player who went to 7 Pro Bowls as a special teamer. Keep up the good work, and you can plug yourself as much as you want!

Of course, as a word guy, I might prefer something other than "fall" connected to Cuse. Like when I went to the Final Four, the slogan, "The Road Ends Here" rubbed me the wrong way before the game.

Thank you for the kind feedback. And thanks for checking out the blog!

Also, I edited my previous post :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom