Ticket Price Increase? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Price Increase?

why shouldn’t he be mad? I mean he has to pay $26 more now. that’s 2 beers and 2 dome dogs.
Up until couple of years ago, I was paying $99 for the lower level of the upper deck in the endzone. So I think the price bump is probably only for the upper areas of the endzone third level. I sit couple of rows behind Matt Park's parents so I can get in game updates if needed.

You guys are diehards. Nothing will upset you. The average fan who lives check to check and bought tickets must feel like an ice pick was shoved into their temple after enduring this season and receiving the price increase. Time to remove the orange glasses. The product has stunk for the better part of 20 years. We aren’t a team with a deep loyal fan base. This team prays for the band wagoners and this is a load of crap for them. Put out a consistent decent product and then raise your prices. $25 means nothing to the university but means a hell of a lot for someone struggling and trying to support their team.

LOL Yeah, that’s why season tickets for Syracuse are FAR FAR FAR below the average of most other P5 season tickets

LOL Yeah, that’s why season tickets for Syracuse are FAR FAR FAR below the average of most other P5 season tickets

Does the price of the ticket match the product on the field?

Did it last year when we were undefeated in the Dome?

If you were a season ticket holder in 2018 yeah, but the 9,200 new season ticket holders are not going to think of the past value of the games they didn’t attend.

Love when people post their douchey aggressive messages to their ticket reps like their reps are the ones raising the prices. You look like a child.

Replying late to this thread so the original post might’ve been edited already.

That said, are we certain the OP is the same person tweeting that immature response to a ticket rep?

Or was the OP using it to ask about something that could potentially impact his season ticket prices?

If you were a season ticket holder in 2018 yeah, but the 9,200 new season ticket holders are not going to think of the past value of the games they didn’t attend.

I guess they'll all cancel then. You'll have your answer soon.

That said, are we certain the OP is the same person tweeting that immature response to a ticket rep?

Or was the OP using it to ask about something that could potentially impact his season ticket prices?

I am pretty sure he was asking about it. Don’t believe he was the same person

would rather write the university a check and not have to attend games this year.

okay well, then write them a check.

I enjoy going to the game, having a few beers with friends before the game and cheering on the team, no matter how awful they are.

sounds like you aren’t really a football fan in general

okay well, then write them a check.

I enjoy going to the game, having a few beers with friends before the game and cheering on the team, no matter how awful they are.

sounds like you aren’t really a football fan in general

Not a fan of bad football. This season has been kick in the nuts every game I’ve attended including @Maryland.

Seeing how many people poured out of the Dome at halftime last week I’m pretty sure there were a lot of people of the same mindset.

The context clues suggest yes.

why shouldn’t he be mad? I mean he has to pay $26 more now. that’s 2 beers and 2 dome dogs.
What if you live on a fixed income? I buy 5 tickets in the end zone. I pay $20 to $30 dollars per game to park after driving an hour. We tailgate and bring our own food and booze. I go with other seniors in the same situation. Every time you turn around someone is raising the price on something. It just gets more and more difficult.

What if you live on a fixed income? I buy 5 tickets in the end zone. I pay $20 to $30 dollars per game to park after driving an hour. We tailgate and bring our own food and booze. I go with other seniors in the same situation. Every time you turn around someone is raising the price on something. It just gets more and more difficult.

agree that for a certain percentage of the population, it’s absolutely the case. My initial instinct is to say that the people are out of touch but without knowing their situation, it’s hard for me to say. I don’t get being rude to ticket reps who are likely in same position not making much either. Plus I’ve been treated very well by all my Syracuse reps and think they are awesome.

reality is real
6FEED817-4BC0-4D39-B507-26A730A7D60F.jpeg
income growth (adjusted for inflation) has been non existent for many Americans for many decades. Chart shows they’ve trailed GDP growth.
Lots of reasons why but the numbers show the lower and middle classes have been getting screwed for decades.

Are these the same folks that berate the order taker at McDonald's because the senior cup of coffee went up 10 cents and it will affect their budget?

Align your priorities...if the price increase is going to cause your family to miss a few meals, then I understand you not going or renewing. I would highly doubt that is the case here. And it still doesn't warrant giving your ticket rep a hard time.

OR you could overinflate your car tires by about 3lbs each and you should save enough on your gas mileage to cover the $25, cause that is about what we are talking about here.

Ticket pricing should reflect quality of the game day experience, concessions available, quality of play and demand.

I, for one, have a deep deep love for the dome dog and troughs.

Ticket pricing should reflect quality of the game day experience, concessions available, quality of play and demand.

I, for one, have a deep deep love for the dome dog and troughs.

Um, yeah.

So, Nostradamus - how are season ticket buyers supposed to know those things IN ADVANCE of the upcoming season?? :rolleyes:

2018 - we had ZERO expectations coming into the season, were picked bottom of ACC by every pundit, talking head, blogger, etc -
And then went 6-0 at home as part of a 10 win season.

2019 - PRE-SEASON TOP 25!!!
Talk of Orange Bowls and maybe knocking off Clemson, and...
you know how it has gone.

Please tell us how your ticket pricing model would have worked in both instances.

PS - UConn & Rutgers would have to PAY everybody who attends their games.:p
(Which may end up not being far from reality. ;))

Um, yeah.

So, Nostradamus - how are season ticket buyers supposed to know those things IN ADVANCE of the upcoming season??

2018 - we had ZERO expectations coming into the season, were picked bottom of ACC by every pundit, talking head, blogger, etc -
And then went 6-0 at home as part of a 10 win season.

2019 - PRE-SEASON TOP 25!!!
Talk of Orange Bowls and maybe knocking off Clemson, and...
you know how it has gone.

Please tell us how your ticket pricing model would have worked in both instances.

PS - UConn & Rutgers would have to PAY everybody who attends their games.
(Which may end up not being far from reality. )
Idk man 225, 500 i dont care. Take my arms and legs I just want a Consecutive bowl win and a win against Pitt

a 25% increase on a $100 ticket is a big difference from 25% on the higher priced tickets. they could have raised the price every year like most places do. $125 is still a bargain
But they are also getting a 7th game

It is all priorities. A single concert ticket can cost what a season ticket is here or more. A case of beer can be $13.99 or $50. A pair of Jeans can cost $12 or $220.
And don't get me started on how much money is wasted on cigarettes.

Each person has to make a decision. Paying $125 for 6 or 7 games is not that bad IMHO.

Last edited:

First, it’s not a true increase. If I read the article right, a promotion ended after this past season. Second, if I was on a fixed income and everything was so tight I couldn’t afford another $26 per ticket, I probably wouldn’t have the tickets in the first place.

First, it’s not a true increase. If I read the article right, a promotion ended after this past season. Second, if I was on a fixed income and everything was so tight I couldn’t afford another $26 per ticket, I probably wouldn’t have the tickets in the first place.
Yes it is a true increase. I buy five tickets. They went from $500.00 to $625.00. The promotion ended? What promotion? I have had these seats for about 15 years @ $99. Kind of a long promotion if that is what it was. Every situation is different. After 56 years of attending these games and having season tickets for a good portion of that, it feels like a slap in the face especially after this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom