ticket pricing thread | Syracusefan.com

ticket pricing thread

Millhouse

Living Legend
Syracuse Football Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA

Why in the world are season tickets 225 for upper deck seats around the 10 yard line and 125 behind the end zone?

how can it possibly be optimal to have very few people paying 855 for 50 yard line seats?

i get that you could profit maximize by having 1 person sitting by himself for a billion dollars

this is totally crazy. who is responsible for this and how do we get this fixed for next year?

are there thousands of people paying 855 who never go to games and never find anyone to give tickets to?

what are our best guesses for ticket sales by area of the dome? this is an easy model that someone at SU should be able to do

the question will always be, what is the benefit of the donation vs the seat cost to the person and the school.

the question will always be, what is the benefit of the donation vs the seat cost to the person and the school.
at this point it's not much of a question because so few people are making that donation

i get that optimizing profit and optimizing attendance aren't the same thing but it sure looks like that's a moot point these days

at this point it's not much of a question because so few people are making that donation

i get that optimizing profit and optimizing attendance aren't the same thing but it sure looks like that's a moot point these days

It gets worse and worse every year. And now, do we even fill half of the donation seats with season ticket holders? What's the breaking point where it doesn't make enough financial sense to offset the harm it can do for the program by having the sidelines look so empty, both on TV, and when recruits visit.

I'm sure the model works wonderful for basketball, but is keeping 2 separate models that hard?

It gets worse and worse every year. And now, do we even fill half of the donation seats with season ticket holders? What's the breaking point where it doesn't make enough financial sense to offset the harm it can do for the program by having the sidelines look so empty, both on TV, and when recruits visit.

I'm sure the model works wonderful for basketball, but is keeping 2 separate models that hard?

Apparently it is but AD job turning over like a wait staff spot at Applebees can't help this matter, I would look for at least some change next season

Syracuse Football Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA

Why in the world are season tickets 225 for upper deck seats around the 10 yard line and 125 behind the end zone?

how can it possibly be optimal to have very few people paying 855 for 50 yard line seats?

i get that you could profit maximize by having 1 person sitting by himself for a billion dollars

this is totally crazy. who is responsible for this and how do we get this fixed for next year?

are there thousands of people paying 855 who never go to games and never find anyone to give tickets to?

what are our best guesses for ticket sales by area of the dome? this is an easy model that someone at SU should be able to do

Most of the Preferred A seats for football are sold, the people just don't show up. If you already have Preferred A basketball season tickets it only cost an additional $250 for Preferred A football season tickets, not $855. Other levels of Preferred seating for both sports are priced similarly.

I read a lot on hear about how the pricing structure needs to change, but I think just as big of an opportunity lies with really trying to get the basketball only crowd to realize what a great value it is to tack on football season tickets.

Apparently it is but AD job turning over like a wait staff spot at Applebees can't help this matter, I would look for at least some change next season
:rolling: :( :bang:

Oh Lord

Most of the Preferred A seats for football are sold, the people just don't show up. If you already have Preferred A basketball season tickets it only cost an additional $250 for Preferred A football season tickets, not $855. Other levels of Preferred seating for both sports are priced similarly.

I read a lot on hear about how the pricing structure needs to change, but I think just as big of an opportunity lies with really trying to get the basketball only crowd to realize what a great value it is to tack on football season tickets.
250 is still 250, are those people paying 250 to merely have the option of going on the off chance they'll be good?

The problem is , the preferred seat holders that dont show up are trying to recover > $100/ticket and get their money back (donation included) which isnt gonna happen=empty seats in prime locations.

Again, I maintain that you have to de-link the two to an extent. Create donor tiers with different benefits for each tier - I'm not going to write it all out again as I've done it in two different threads already.

By de-linking, SU can charge an appropriate amount for individual tickets without cheating the donors who paid more. There are lots of ways to do it where value is maintained for the donors, but someone in charge has to take the bold step of moving off of this insistence on tweaking the current structure rather than tearing it down and starting over.

There is no benefit to the donation. No sideline passes, no met life ticket reductions, nothing. The donation is basically a college PSL. A right to buy the seat.
This is where the current system fails miserably.

That's true of the lower level A preferred. Lower level B,C, and D preferred are about 50-60% sold. Upper level preferred are about 10% sold. At least based on ticket availability from Ticketmaster.

Get rid of the upper level preferred. There's clearly no demand at all.

Rather than convincing the basketball only crowd that $150-$250 additional donation is a "value", leverage their demand for basketball preferred seating. There is huge demand for basketball preferred, and very little for football. Price basketball donations to include both sports. Maybe a few basketball only donors would buy football seasons if there was no additional donation required to sit in preferred football seats.

Drop the seasons to $125 for every seat (excluding donations). Get yours early to get better seats.

Do something. Anything. Trying to sell upper level seats for $180/game is so dumb I can barely even believe that its happening.

That's true of the lower level A preferred. Lower level B,C, and D preferred are about 50-60% sold. Upper level preferred are about 10% sold. At least based on ticket availability from Ticketmaster.

Rather than convincing the basketball only crowd that $150-$250 additional donation is a "value", leverage their demand for basketball preferred seating. There is huge demand for basketball preferred, and very little for football. Price basketball donations to include both sports. Maybe a few basketball only donors would buy football seasons if there was no additional donation required to sit in preferred football seats.

Drop the seasons to $125 for every seat (excluding donations). Get yours early to get better seats.

Do something. Anything. Trying to sell upper level seats for $180/game is so dumb I can barely even believe that its happening.

SU's ticket prices have always boggled the mind. Selling upper level tickets for almost 50% more than the highest priced Michigan ticket, for the highest priced game, is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've seen in college sports. Yeah, Michigan has 114,000 seats to fill, but there's a damn waiting list. Just because you're able to charge more doesn't mean you should.

Michigan Announces Individual Ticket Prices for 2016 Football Season

Unless things have changed you can make a donation for football only preferred or combined football and basketball preferred. There is no basketball only preferred, is there?

Might be part of the problem. If you're paying over 800 for preferred seating, 500 for basketball seasons then only tack on 200 more for football seats why not buy them even if you only intend on going to a couple of games. Compound it by playing 3 straight weeks at home in September when the Dome is often a borderline sauna and you end up with empty seats.

Decouple the seat licenses. Will probably reduce total revenue temporarily but will bring true market value to football tickets.

SU2NASA said:
SU's ticket prices have always boggled the mind. Selling upper level tickets for almost 50% more than the highest priced Michigan ticket, for the highest priced game, is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've seen in college sports. Yeah, Michigan has 114,000 seats to fill, but there's a damn waiting list. Just because you're able to charge more doesn't mean you should. Michigan Announces Individual Ticket Prices for 2016 Football Season

Unless I'm reading their chart wrong, their tix are generally more expensive than SU's. Twice as much in some areas.

dollarbill44 said:
Again, I maintain that you have to de-link the two to an extent. Create donor tiers with different benefits for each tier - I'm not going to write it all out again as I've done it in two different threads already. By de-linking, SU can charge an appropriate amount for individual tickets without cheating the donors who paid more. There are lots of ways to do it where value is maintained for the donors, but someone in charge has to take the bold step of moving off of this insistence on tweaking the current structure rather than tearing it down and starting over.

I'd go for that. Then I wouldn't have to donate and still probably get the same seats.

Ish88888 said:
There is no benefit to the donation. No sideline passes, no met life ticket reductions, nothing. The donation is basically a college PSL. A right to buy the seat.

There's benefits. Besides better seats they also send out a list each year with the benefits. The more you donate the better the benefits.

syracuse95 said:
That's true of the lower level A preferred. Lower level B,C, and D preferred are about 50-60% sold. Upper level preferred are about 10% sold. At least based on ticket availability from Ticketmaster. Get rid of the upper level preferred. There's clearly no demand at all. Rather than convincing the basketball only crowd that $150-$250 additional donation is a "value", leverage their demand for basketball preferred seating. There is huge demand for basketball preferred, and very little for football. Price basketball donations to include both sports. Maybe a few basketball only donors would buy football seasons if there was no additional donation required to sit in preferred football seats. Drop the seasons to $125 for every seat (excluding donations). Get yours early to get better seats. Do something. Anything. Trying to sell upper level seats for $180/game is so dumb I can barely even believe that its happening.

The donation part is only about $20 more for adding football, at least for C level. The extra cost would be the price of the ticket which this year is $35 per game.

ticket pricing stucture is a real hot button issue. There needs to be some changes and/or modifications to the entire dome pricing with and without regards to the donation. Ill just talk football as i only have football seats.Lets start with the donation part: i feel there should only be a donation level if you sit directly behind either the Syracuse bench(101,102,130) area or visiting bench area(115,116,117) on the first level with donation being higher on su sideline.
$75-upper level end zone seats from mid point back
$99-upper level end zone seats front half
$125 endzone and corner endzone in lower and 2nd level
$125-visiting sideline upper level with no donation and 1st level from 30 yardline to goaline
$150-home sideline upper level with no donation and 1st level from 30 yard line to goaline
$150 -visiting sideline donation seats
$175-home sideline donation seats

I have no idea one thinks a fair donation is for those seats i know it says $650 in those seats currently.Right now the goal should be to get the dome as full as possible for as much as possible.

The donation part is only about $20 more for adding football, at least for C level. The extra cost would be the price of the ticket which this year is $35 per game.

The donation for b level is 60% +. My tickets are about $250, donation, $350.

Ish88888 said:
The donation for b level is 60% +. My tickets are about $250, donation, $350.

I'm comparing adding football donation to basketball donation.

Yeah. Just looked that up. $45 for A level. Used to be that you could do preferred for both or football only - not basketball only. Basically the same now. Difference between basketball only and both is basically a small up charge that you would pay to buy sideline seats for 1 game.