Ticket tips | Syracusefan.com

Ticket tips

SWC75

Bored Historian
I just had my semi-annual battle to download my tickets, (this time for the basketball season), and get them onto Apple Wallet.

I went on Safari, (the compas icon at the bottom of your I-Phone), and pulled up the SU website, (when I do that on the 'S' icon my 'desktop' it never seems to work right). I clicked on the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner, then "tickets", then MyCuse Account. I logged on and went to Manage Tickets and had the whole list of basketball games, along with the remaining two football games, (which were already on Apple Wallet). I went down the list and clicked on "Select Event" and then clicked on my seat number, (below the "My Safe Tix" line. For each I got the code box with the blue line moving back and forth, so they are all downloaded. Each had a button to send it to Apple Wallet in case I can't connect to the website, (which hasn't actually happened to me yet).

I pressed that button and sometimes an image of the Apple Wallet version of the ticket, (which doesn't have the code box), popped up and a 'next' button which produced another screen entitled "Auto Selection". Other times the screen with the code box grayed over and returned me to the previous page where I had clicked on my seat number. other times nothing happened at all. I then checked my Apple Wallet and only the ones where the image of the Apple Wallet ticket, followed by the Auto Selection screen were there. I went back over the others several times and got a few more to send the image to AW but there were still a bunch of hold outs. Then I tried something else and this is the tip: Instead of pressing the "Send to Apple Wallet" screen once or doing it for an extended time, just tap on it twice, quickly. The ticket image popped up each time. I hit next and got the Auto Selection screen and the ticket appeared on Apple Wallet each time.

Another problem is that the order of the tickets on Apple Wallet seemed to be the order in which they were sent there, which was not chronological due to the above difficulties. There seemed to be no way to change the order. Also, my remaining football tickets seemed to have disappeared. They didn't. They were just 'attached ' to the 11/19 Northeastern basketball game, which had that game, the Boston College Basketball game, which is listed for 12/30-31 'TBA', the 10/29 Notre Dame football game and the 11/12 Florida State football game in a horizontal line. The final mystery is that the Bryant and Pittsburgh games were in black rather than orange. I have no idea what to make of that.

Someday, it will all make sense.

Last edited:
I just had my semi-annual battle to download my tickets, (this time for the basketball season), and get them onto Apple Wallet.

I went on Safari, (the compas icon at the bottom of your I-Phone), and pulled up the SU website, (when I do that on the 'S' icon my 'desktop' it never seems to work right). I clicked on the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner, then "tickets", then MyCuse Account. I logged on and went to Manage Tickets and had the whole list of basketball games, along with the remaining two football games, (which were already on Apple Wallet). I went down the list and clicked on "Select Event" and then clicked on my seat number, (below the "My Safe Tix" line. For each I got the code box with the blue line moving back and forth, so they are all downloaded. Each had a button to send it to Apple Wallet in case I can't connect to the website, (which hasn't actually happened to me yet).

I pressed that button and sometimes an image of the Apple Wallet version of the ticket, (which doesn't have the code box), popped up and a 'next' button which produced another screen entitled "Auto Selection". Other times the screen with the code box grayed over and returned me to the previous page where I had clicked on my seat number. other times nothing happened at all. I then checked my Apple Wallet and only the ones where the image of the Apple Wallet ticket, followed by the Auto Selection screen were there. I went back over the others several times and got a few more to send the image to AW but there were still a bunch of hold outs. Then I tried something else and this is the tip: Instead of pressing the "Send to Apple Wallet" screen once or doing it for an extended time, just tap on it twice, quickly. The ticket image popped up each time. I hit next and got the Auto Selection screen and the ticket appeared on Apple Wallet each time.

Another problem is that the order of the tickets on Apple Wallet seemed to be the order in which they were sent there, which was not chronological due to the above difficulties. There seemed to be no way to change the order. Also, my remaining football tickets seemed to have disappeared. They didn't. They were just 'attached ' to the 11/19 Northeastern basketball game, which had that game, the Boston College Basketball game, which is listed for 12/30-31 'TBA', the 10/29 Notre Dame football game and the 11/12 Florida State football game in a horizontal line. The final mystery is that the Braynt and Pittsburgh games were in black rather than orange. I have no idea what to make of that.

Someday, it will all make sense.
I would just pay the $90 and get the printed tickets. Life is too short for the bored historian to have to have this much stress

I would just pay the $90 and get the printed tickets. Life is too short for the bored historian to have to have this much stress

No need since I've now got them all on both my Cuse.com app and my Apple Wallet. It's the journey, more than the destination.

There’s been a lot going on in my life lately and I have counted on SU football and soon basketball to distract me. I have been traveling a lot, too. I got home from a trip on Monday and realized bball was right around the corner. I began to wonder when I would receive my tickets. Oh, how I have loved to get those tickets in hand! I would even smell them. Ahhhh! I asked my husband if he had seen them in the mail and he said he hadn’t. I waited a couple more days and then thought I better call the Dome and see when they were sent out.

Only then did I realize (remember) that I download the tickets into my phone. I have no excuses. I am a Woman of a Certain Age but I am not yet demented (although this could be a warning sign). I have been stressed, true. But really??????

I don’t even know why I wrote this story. Just wanted to let you know, Steve, that you are not the only one with “technical” difficulties. :rolleyes:

This year the procedure is similar to above but I still ran into problems. I wasn't able to download the tickets when I went to Safari. I got a menu including "tickets" where nothing happened when I clicked on that work. I got a sort of blink and nothing happened. I went to the regular 'S' site and was able to download the tickets but, as usual, could not transfer them to the wallet. I went back to Safari and got a menu that wanted me to log on to "JMA Wireless Dome Box Office (use Ticketmaster)" so logged onto that with my E-Mail and Ticketmaster password, (not the Sidearm Sports one and I was not asked for my MyCuse account number). There several microscopic links. With a magnifying glass I found one that said "MyCuse Account". I was then able to go to "Manage Tickets and went from one downloaded ticket to another, double-clicking on "Add to Apple Wallett. I got the Auto Selection page and another where I clicked "Done". I went to Apple Wallett and all six tickets were there. The order was again screwed up: Colgate on 9/2, Boston College on 11/3, then Wake Forest 11/25, with Clemson 9/30 next to it, Army 9/23 next to that and Western Michigan 9/9 next to that.

Why not automatically send it to MS Wallet when you download it and in the right order? Also, as I downloaded the tickets, there was no link to go directly to the next one. I had to back out two previous screens and go to "manage tickets" again. Why not download the tickets and send them to the wallet all with one click? This is like a double reverse when it should have been a fullback dive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom